pepsipete
seadog
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:15 pm

GOB wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

You can keep dreaming that there is an arab billionaire out there willing to turn around the fortunes of Argyle.

Under Brent we will be as better off as if an Argyle trust was running the club. He knows business, and will run Argyle within budget the way ALL businesses are supposed to be run, and if that means years in l2 or conferance than so be it, at least we have a club that is well run, by someone with dignity and pride, rather than some shark out to make millions off a pipe dream.

Weve been stung before, time to learn from that lesson.

Not an arab billionaire just someone with a bit of class and ambition with an interest in the footballing side.

I'm glad you're happy with years of non-league/L2 shite because that's all I think brent will ever deliver. How many fans will be lost becuase of our years in the non-league wilderness? You may be happy with watching us get stuffed at home in a part time league in front of 2000 praaaaper faaans but the majority will turn their backs on the club and a generation of fans will be lost forever.

Brent has "dignity and pride" does he? How's that then exactly?

jocolor jocolor

Bizzare im happy with a well run club in L2 possibly the conferance and you question this, but your more than happy for the club to be liquidated starting up again being well run but in the zamereto league.

I know which id prefer

Even more bizarre 125, is that you seem to be happy with a Conference club under the leadership of a man that faces fraud charges, has a court visit in the near future and a reputation that is not exactly admired by the vast majority of football fans at clubs throughout the country.

Faced with that I know which I would prefer.

Who said Risdale remain!, also innocent before being found guilty, and yes he is not admired by football fans, including myself, but seems to still be respected within football.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm

argyledj wrote:
well as expected the trust have rubbished all the new bids as either no money or not enough time they must have one hell of a crystal ball or a lot of arrogance when it was first formed i considered joining but i am now very glad i have not all they seem to do is have embaressing spats on twitter and pasoti if any one dares to criticise there reasoning they are meant to be an independent help to the club not trying to run it.

Given the continual rubbishing of the TINA rhetoric that Guilfail and Pound Sign Pete were spouting earlier in the summer (and probably before), I find the current TINA rhetoric being spouted about Brent's bid in certain quarters rather jarring. Perhaps there really is no alternative and we will actually go bust if Brent doesn't throw us the lifebuoy by the end of the week, but how are we plebs meant to make any judgement when everything comes across as so closeted and... I'm going to make up a new word here... committeeised?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:03 pm

To be honest Nick, the "committee" don't know jack shit either... those that have the money, the buyers and sellers, are keeping it close. All Pasoti Trust know is what is being fed to them that is deemed convenient. The whole process is a warning of what would happen if they were involved in a junior position at the club. They are told Brent is the last chance saloon, and so they'll repeat it ad infinitum.... should help to bully Lombard, the League etc, but has little logical basis in fact.

I'm far happier standing well clear from the melee, and using my nose. Far more reliable.
"Two weeks is all we've got" according to Mr Webb, a few days ago. We shall soon see if he was talking hogwash.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
To be honest Nick, the "committee" don't know jack shit either... those that have the money, the buyers and sellers, are keeping it close. All Pasoti Trust know is what is being fed to them that is deemed convenient....

'...Two weeks is all we've got" according to Mr Webb, a few days ago. We shall soon see if he was talking hogwash.

I think that is now down to 3 days (Friday)!

Still, things are promising! Pasoti's finest, reassures the animals ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

IJN wrote:

Post subject: Re: Brent latestPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:31 pm

I'll speak for all of us on the Conf Call tonight.

We cannot say anything at this time, because of the delicacy of those in negotiation at this time.

Journos are monitoring this site and anything reported, could damage what is being done.

The people that volunteered for the Contingency Committee are saying nothing at this time.

It's just too much of a risk.

I know that is going to annoy a few, but we just have to be trusted.

Lot's to be positive about though. .

Be thankful everyone.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:43 pm

I like that one Ricks .....
"lots to be positive about"
Probably referring to the lowly staff agreeing to huge non payment of their wages, just so others like himself can continue to see their favourite football team on a Saturday.
Another expected easy beating tonight, and four more games should confirm the relegation that was considered by the money men as a price worth paying to save a bit more of their investment..... such is modern football, and much of modern business..... Petere Ridsdale's Big Society .... Peter Ridsdale's Big Society .... cheers cheers cheers .... what a gent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:16 am

I just logged onto Pasoti and I cannot believe what I am reading. What type of "Trust" have we actually got? Are we allowed to ask questions? Are we allowed a dissenting point of view?

People are finally waking up and asking questions and all the get is abuse back. People want to hear what is actually happening - "engaging with James Brent" is not an answer. It means fuck all and there are people out there with the intelligence to recognise this. For all of Chris' daily updates he has actually told us very little. At least Naps has attempted to give us an excuse for the lack of information.

We are in this situation because people blindly followed Stapes and were attacked for questioning the status quo. The exact same thing is happening now.

How are we expected to "trust" the "Trust" when you get attacked for questioning what they are up to?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 am

The Trust is Pasoti and Pasoti is the trust. It actually represents no more than a few hundred Aviva boys, yet is commanding centre stage through bucket rattling, beard growing and cricket bat oiling activities.
This could only happen at Argyle, where dimwitted parochiality and worshop of the men in suits is a speciality.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 am

even posty is fully behind the brent bid even though buttivant is back on the scene, yet first time around he was very much against the brent bid maybe being admin and on the contingency group changed his views.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:04 am

Cerbera fights back

It will be interesting to see if he gets any civil or sensible responses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:
The Trust is Pasoti and Pasoti is the trust. It actually represents no more than a few hundred Aviva boys, yet is commanding centre stage

Not that many Tringy ... I would put the Provos strength at 50 to 60.... maybe a few supporters way out on the periphery, but that sort of shirt will catch any bus, even if the new one was driven by Tony Campbell and his cronies, as long as it displays Home Park up front.

Let's face it, Argyle has been looted, abused and dominated by small gangs for donkey's ears. Instead of a Trust, they've called themselves Boards, with their leaders usually known as chairmen. These gang members are so greedy .... some of them have three or four homes ! ... I blame the parents, and a sick " I want" society.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Tis true........... can't wait for that nice, hard working gent 'David' Brent to be installed. Gareth Webb will get the key to the executive toilet,'Taffy ' Newell will be organising the riff raff collections in the Pyramid Suite and 'Dawn' Pollard will be showing her buckets to anyone with a tenner to spare.

So what becomes of you my love, when they have finally stripped you of .............................. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent is the new preferred bidder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2