Freathy
Tgwu
Tringreen
Czarcasm
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Come on lets win this now!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Brenty will be rubbing his hands now that he can ask for more in January!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Even sat at home, in the dry and warm, there was always a sense that for all the pressure and shots, we would concede and probably lose the game.

All so predictable.

Unless something changes very soon we weill get relegated this year.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

3 min added time.
Back to top Go down

What a debut for Harvey!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Can we sponsor Harvey? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:55 pm

He's sponsored by Tower Cabs I think (it's one of the taxi firms).
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Iggy wrote:
Can we sponsor Harvey? Very Happy

No point he won't be here long.

Well done him though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Never mind, I see a Plymouth price coming anyway.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 pm

OK, a point is better than none though it feels more like 2 points dropped than a point gained.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 pm

1-1 ft but Barnet beat gillingham away to pull us back Neutral
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:00 pm

the non-investing banker and clueless will be working very hard to get rid of Harvey and the earliest possible opportunity when the window opens.

BRENT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CLUELESS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:00 pm

thats his asking price raised.

cue greengenes return later on Wink
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
OK, a point is better than none though it feels more like 2 points dropped than a point gained.

That's exactly what it is, in our position we can't afford to keep dropping points at home.

No doubt people will try and dress it up as a point gained etc etc, but in truth it's yet another poor result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Another game where we have failed to beat the mighty Torquay, sounds like once again we had the usual 25 minutes of initial pressure, plenty of chances and having to settle for a draw. Whats that now...3 x 1-1 draws in a row?
How predictable
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:26 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

That's exactly what it is, in our position we can't afford to keep dropping points at home.

No doubt people will try and dress it up as a point gained etc etc, but in truth it's yet another poor result.

It looked like an exact replica of the Chesterfield game until the equaliser went in.Argyle simply don't have enough goals throughout the team to capitalise on their periods of pressure and bury teams as they should be buried-i thought Torquay were utterly wretched in the first half today and were there for the taking.It was predictable that they would come on strong in the second half and they duly obliged,although it would have very cruel on Argyle had the equaliser not materialised.Harvey very impressive,like others i can't really understand why he hasn't played before-cynical and conspiratorial thoughts were buzzing around my head when i heard that he was playing,even more so now.Hope i'm wrong and that we see more of him-although one swallow never did make a summer,his was a sort of Mariner/Goslingesque advent.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:37 pm

No doubt all was well at the Avivafest and
Janner'was enjoyed. Clueless manager. Only in it for the development banker,looking after his pennies. Latest young star player to be sold, Chadders n Feeney retained. We're fecked. Will probably do just enough to stay up til the fine gentleman hands the club over eventually to the local dimwits.
Geddon. Rolling Eyes
ps Only seen him play once in the 5 - 1 battering at Oxford last season but as I said at the time, Luke Young looked like he could be a player, in the right company and no, not with Wotton.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:46 pm

First half we dominated the midfield, had good approach play but didn't create anything clear cut due to negative tactics, and men not getting in behind defenders enough.

Second half we dominated the midfield, had good approach play and improved tactically and made a lot more clear cut chances. Still didn't finish any of them until Harvey's goal though.

He looks like he could be the only clinical finisher at the club. Even in the first half he was the only man getting in great positions and in the second half he got in two great positions to miss until his goals. He could have done a little better with his conversion perhaps to get more than just his one but I think that will probably improve in time. Either way he's the best scorer we have.

My faith that Griffiths isn't actually that bad was increased today, looked so much better with him than Chadwick. Griff and Harvey to start vs Wycombe please.

Luke Young excellent too. Paris Cowan-Hall shite. Chadwick bang average.

Poor defensive organisation for their goal. Gilmartin had a decent game, they looked very good on the break and the two good saves he had to make he did perfectly. Dominated his area well too.

Bigger picture is still nowhere close to good enough but that was entertaining viewing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:55 pm

GreenSam wrote:
First half we dominated the midfield, had good approach play but didn't create anything clear cut due to negative tactics, and men not getting in behind defenders enough.

Second half we dominated the midfield, had good approach play and improved tactically and made a lot more clear cut chances. Still didn't finish any of them until Harvey's goal though.

He looks like he could be the only clinical finisher at the club. Even in the first half he was the only man getting in great positions and in the second half he got in two great positions to miss until his goals. He could have done a little better with his conversion perhaps to get more than just his one but I think that will probably improve in time. Either way he's the best scorer we have.

My faith that Griffiths isn't actually that bad was increased today, looked so much better with him than Chadwick. Griff and Harvey to start vs Wycombe please.

Poor defensive organisation for their goal. Gilmartin had a decent game, they looked very good on the break and the two good saves he had to make he did perfectly. Dominated his area well too.

Bigger picture is still nowhere close to good enough but that was entertaining viewing.
\\

I have to admire your youthful passion and at least you now realise that there is a bigger picture.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

\\

I have to admire your youthful passion and at least you now realise that there is a bigger picture.
Respectfully Tring, I think I have for some time, perhaps I've not been clear in my expression.

In terms of pure entertainment that alone was a great game to watch and no chore to talk about. Some of the others this season though, believe me the passion does come close to wearing out at times!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 pm

sam, no you havent.
you have ALWAYS worshipped brent.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:
sam, no you havent.
you have ALWAYS worshipped brent.
Bollocks.

What do you mean when you say I haven't seen the bigger picture? Do you mean I haven't held the same opinion as you? If so, guilty as charged but that doesn't mean I haven't got an opinion on the bigger picture.

I am not pro-Brent now or anti-Brent. I think if he pulled out without anyone to take over then we'd be fecked. I want him to stay as owner unless we can find someone better which we won't. If that makes me a Brent-worshipper, then again I am guilty as charged.

I don't go in for worshiping owners. I accept that all, bar the odd philanthropic/bored few are looking to make a profit out of it so all I can do is judge their efficiency to run the club well whilst doing just that. What do I think of Brent? I think comments that "at least he's running the club in a way that we won't get into shit again" aren't accurate. As I've said many times, his mistake is that he's let the malaise around the football operations in the club develop to such a large extent that we are hemorrhaging money so much that we're likely to make a big loss this year. I don't buy into the "non-investing" tagline, I think "had to invest too much because he put faith in the wrong people" is more like it. I don't think Brent's first year and a bit can be pained as a success. The football side of things were sufficient to keep us up but not to push on. The fact that the football now is so inadequate means that we're losing money at such a rate that we'd be done for if he pulled out.

His business plan is sound enough in theory-we don't need big money to get out of this league. He needs to do two things and they're what he should have already done months ago. One, replace the management team with a better one. Two, appoint a full-time CEO and financial director who have a much firmer hand on the rudder in how the club is run. It's just plodding along at the moment. I remember how optimistic I felt that Autumn day when it was announced that the club was saved from liquidation- I genuinely had the highest of hopes that we'd be set for another 2001-2004 esque spell of success. JB said all the right things, talked all the right talk and genuinely seemed an entirely straight talker without any of the business-speak that Todd was so infested with. That's why I feel so let down that his regime so far has been such a flop. I don't think all of i has been his fault exactly, but most of it is indirectly his fault because it's stuff he could do things about and re-form. I hate the fact that the boardroom which may have been a world class board in all of its parts, has been such a bollocks in practice with people having to do about 3 different jobs each, some of them seemingly not being very good at it and the main football people at the club not being listened to. I hate the fact that such a farce has been made of the budget, spending a lot of money on such average players rather than fewer but better players. I hate the fact that Fletcher is still manager after proving long ago that in my opinion he wasn't good enough. I wish he could structure the football side of it with a chairman to oversee long-term targets, a CEO who knows his stuff with a free reign over football decisions to run the club on a week by week basis and a financial director who can make a realistic budget. I wish we had a new manager (or if we can afford one perhaps a head coach/DOF combo) to replace Fletcher.

The whole line about "a BSP club would be cheaper for him"... I don't buy it. Not because I'm sucked in by some propaganda. I've considered it, I just don't buy it. For one, he could have set a much lower budget than he did (and Christ knows where Fletcher would have us if he did). He HAS had to pay a lot of money this season right? He would have had to pay less if we were successful as the crowds would be higher. He has been prepared to advocate the spending of a budget that has cost him financially, he didn't have to do that. Why do I think he's spending money on us? Not necessarily because I think he's caught the green bug in any huge way (although he does attend games much more than the majority of other directors in the past so I guess he must get something out of it) but because I think he wants the club to do well as he owns it. He owns a higher percentage of PAFC than he does of the surrounding land. I think it's in his interests for both to be successful and it's difficult to argue against the fact that he could have parted with less money than he has, if he so wished.

Just because I think it's in his interests for the club to be successful, doesn't mean I think he can make it happen by clicking his fingers though. As I said, I think the management of the club, selected by him have made a bollocks of the season and the people who know their stuff more imho aren't making enough decisions. I don't think Brent is intrinsically bad for the club but nor do I think the management of this first year has been competent enough-especially when I was fool enough to have such high hopes. So where from here? If someone better takes over, as I said at the start of the post, all well and dandy but if not then our only hope is that JB learns from his mistakes. No-one now realistically will take over and take on our debts. We just need to hope and campaign for better decisions to be made, those decisions are the ones I have detailed more than once in this post.

I'm pro-Brent only to the extent that I want him to be our owner as I think the most likely alternative to him not being our owner is administration. I don't worship him and I'm frankly disappointed by his time in charge of the club so far. I think it's in his best interests for us to succeed but he needs to buck up, sort out the off pitch and on pitch debacle for that to be possible.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 pm

A game we could have and should have won easily. We completely dominated the first half to the extent that Torquay hardly got out of their half but didn't really threaten to score. ATDs Robbie fired one free kick about 75 yards over the bar. When we did threaten it was down our left wing. Torquay had a good 5 minute spell before they scored but other than that looked very poor. Hourihane was booked for diving when it looked to me the clearest penalty ever. Everybody played either OK or well Tyler Harvey did lots of good things and thoroughly deserved his goal and the MoM award. In the end I am pleased and frustrated with a point. We are going to give somebody a bloody good dicking before long. Maybe we could swap Howe for Chadwick? I think that's all it would take.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Cheers Sam, good report and argument, cheers SFD, all match reports welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Janners....Janners

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

geek jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread   Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boxing Day Cold Turk-quay - Match Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next