Chemical Ali
Freathy
X Isle
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:28 pm

PCC now seem set to buy back HP, which I am very happy about, it should never have been sold in the first place and Stapleton should never have been allowed to purchase it!

Assuming the players and staff are also happy with the deal is it safe to assume that normal service has resumed?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:37 pm

I agree it's very welcome news. ALL our problems started with the purchase.

To my eternal regret I was enthusiastic about the purchase when it was happening. My problem was one of trust, I trusted the owners at that time to do the right thing by Argyle. Sadly once in possession of a great big asset in their laps they did the right thing by themselves. Trust will be hard to place in the hands of an owner ever again, however an owner who is eager to take temptation out of the hands of speculators and put the ground back under council protection gets a big thumbs up from me.

Todays twin press releases are the best news we've had all year. It's taken a long time to get here, there's still a lot to do but we've turned a corner, one that takes us a helluva lot closer to where we want to be.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Agreed.

The club is now a lot less attractive to vultures.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:05 pm

I couldn't agree more, a Council owned ground would be to the obvious delight of most of us.
It is probably the Council's stance on development in the park that has done more to save us all from the Japanese/Gardner nightmare than anything else.

However, it ain't all clear how this could pan out. Forgetting the rest of the horrors of Reading Gate, I would see an integral hotel / sports facilities ( not a pavillions music boozing hole ) answer similar to the Madjeski hotel as possible, if not it's actual architecture. But then we're talking about all sorts of deals with the Council. It could work though.

As for the football club itself. Too late, we're going down, and if Ridsdale takes up an appointment, I won't be seeing that demise. However, not all is lost, Brent has carefully stated he doesn't know what Ridsdale would want as a salary... that could be taken as a positive.

As for the staff and players, I just wish they would stand up for themselves. They'll only get out out of this what they put in. I fear that may well be quite a big knocking down of what they are owed, and that should be totally unacceptable to any Argyle fan. Nothing whatsoever has been said on that matter. Perhaps Pasoti Trust could get Brent to confirm he will be paying the staff and players in full, should a deal be done quickly.... wouldn't that be a result.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Very welcome news. If it goes through there'll only be a football club left to invest in with nothing for the disgusting parasitic spivs to get their grubby hands on. Up yours *****wallet you piece of crap pig pig
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:13 pm

Good news at last. Perhaps with a semi-interested owner/ chairman we might slow down the rot inflicted by Staplec**t and his cronies.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:16 pm

X Isle wrote:

To my eternal regret I was enthusiastic about the purchase when it was happening. My problem was one of trust, I trusted the owners at that time to do the right thing by Argyle. Sadly once in possession of a great big asset in their laps they did the right thing by themselves. Trust will be hard to place in the hands of an owner ever again, however an owner who is eager to take temptation out of the hands of speculators and put the ground back under council protection gets a big thumbs up from me.

Todays twin press releases are the best news we've had all year. It's taken a long time to get here, there's still a lot to do but we've turned a corner, one that takes us a helluva lot closer to where we want to be.

You have my respect for that Smiffy, it was after all the start of the antagonism between fans that still exist today. Hopefully many lessons have been learnt and maybe bridges built over time, we are after all, all Argyle fans at the end of the day.

There is only one obstacle left before I will be attending HP once again and I very much look forward to seeing Ridsdale's ass kicked up the A38, then I will be excited about visiting Home Park once again. Sooner rather then later please Mr Brent!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Ive heard a few things about this going through, firstly, Reid will probably be on his way, not wanted by brent, another manager has been touted, but the 40 mile journey might be a bit much Shocked

Secondly brent would not be put out by working with Risdale BUT the salary to be offered is only 100k and any transaction over 5k has to go through Brents financial director, so i very much doubt Risdale will be there much longer.

I got this from a family member of someone who has been in the meetings with Brent. How much is true i dont know.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 pm

A bit of good news on an otherwise black day.Maybe Argyle will revert to being a football club now and should the sale back to PCC go ahead,the purchase of the freehold must never be comtemplated again.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:49 pm

125+1 wrote:
Ive heard a few things about this going through, firstly, Reid will probably be on his way, not wanted by brent, another manager has been touted, but the 40 mile journey might be a bit much Shocked

Secondly brent would not be put out by working with Risdale BUT the salary to be offered is only 100k and any transaction over 5k has to go through Brents financial director, so i very much doubt Risdale will be there much longer.

I got this from a family member of someone who has been in the meetings with Brent. How much is true i dont know.

40 miles in which direction Smile
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Good news today.
I wonder if the council owning the ground would impede the redevelopment of the grandstand in any way...if indeed it ever goes ahead! Home park sucks these days...more open spaces then Dartmoor!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:14 pm

argyledj wrote:
125+1 wrote:

40 miles in which direction Smile

Tisdale?
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:25 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Good news today.
I wonder if the council owning the ground would impede the redevelopment of the grandstand in any way...if indeed it ever goes ahead! Home park sucks these days...more open spaces then Dartmoor!

Indeed punchy, that's the big question. I would assume Brent has more than enough money to purchase the whole thing, but then, it's a very expensive hotel if you have to fork out for a football stadium as well.
It's not as if our man doesn't understand the value of having high rent secure long term tennants in this day and age.... he's written enough property stuff about it. So, perhaps our man is playing the fan festers and is not the convert to association football he portrays... in fact, I would almost certainly say that is the case.

Passing ownership to the council would involve them in a two way development. ... not just the headline purchase price, otherwise the guests will have to draw their curtains. Also, I'm sure Brent would have been hotel developer number one when the Life Centre thing was being hammered out with Sport England etc before the NWO appeared on the scene... they must have had conversations about two way deals even then.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 am

I'll be very interested to hear what Brent's views are on club investment, stadium completion and ambitions.

Brent is the more attractive offer but it's still an offer that lacks any interest in the club, despite how he's appealed to the jester hat wearers and head nodders. Once his developments have been realised I very much doubt that we'll be seeing much of our new saviour at Home Park. In the meantime I'll give him the benefit of the doubt whilst keeping a very close eye on Central Park development and one or two of our local councillors/World Cup portable toilet counters.

The really appealing thing about this deal is having PCC as the owners of the stadium, we should never be homeless again!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:19 am

X Isle wrote:

It actually started long before. When Jones etc. left the board and we were a Championship club with 16/17 k fans. The remaining board members saw £ signs in their eyes and wouldn't let go for the sake of the club they claimed to love as fans ! Investment was refused and never sought until it was too late and then it was for the wrong reasons. The rot had set in. With Pulis and Holloway the story could have been so different with moderate investment.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:27 am

In this case, I would imagine it's the silky reticence, the Eton drawl, that appeals to these people ... another sign of the Plymuff subserviant underbelly.
History shows that the likes of IJN fall far too easily for the stroking that all successful salesmen use.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:59 am

During my recent chat with IJN not a word was mentioned regarding Brent's ambitions for the club, but I was well informed of Brent's views regarding how he had never known such a stubborn fan-base and, more-or-less, what determined fighters Argyle fans were and of his growing respect for the fans.

Without going down the path of the crappy name calling and "banter", this has long been our concern regarding those that claim to represent "us", our self imposed representatives fall for the bull shit every single time. Since I first met IJN in the McCauley days he's been the same, I can't think of a single character in the higher regions of the Argyle ladder that has not managed to impress IJN, only for it to all fall to pieces at a later time.

I think IJN bleeds green, there's no doubting that, but I really cannot think of any other person that is less qualified and is such a poor judge of character to represent any fans organisation. For once I don't say this intending disrespect, it really is how I see things.

My fear is that the self imposed, unelected leaders of a very small minority group named the Pasoti Trust have the same failings, I have seen and read nothing to think otherwise but have read plenty to suggest that this is the case.

Brent should be made welcome, but he should also be eyed with a courteous yet suspicious mind, I do not believe that our present self imposed leaders are capable of this and that concerns me. The type of person that volunteers for such positions will always have an eye for social ladder climbing or lime light hugging, that's the price we pay and it's the nature of the game and it's fair enough, the problems occur when the lime light takes on more significance then the job at hand...I think our leaders may have already reached that point when they first conversed with Brent. In time elections should sort out these issues, for now the question is, will IJN retain his unelected and self imposed position? When will the Trust seek elections?

Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 am

Good post that Gob, more or less sums up my feelings. Whilst I am delighted with how current developments are progressing, I hope the trust don't start treating Brent as a saint, they'll need to represent it's members not it leaders and as such there may be a time when they might have to ask difficult questions.

I still can't bring myself to trust anyone involved at Argyle yet. But I feel a lot better than I did last week.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:28 am

The pasoti trust is already gushing over brent like it's leadership gushed over *****wallet even at a time when he was blatantly acting against the interests of the club. That in my book makes the pasoti trust leadership an appauling judge of character.

I will judge brent purely on how much investment the playing side get and how long it takes him to fund a team good enough to get us out of this dog shit division. If he delivers anything less than promotion next season i.e. relegation out of the FL or stagnating as a L2 team then of course it will be BRENT OUT all the way!!!!!!! He's already mentioned 'organic growth' as a model which makes me think we have another *****wallet on our hands.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:54 am

GOB wrote:
During my recent chat with IJN not a word was mentioned regarding Brent's ambitions for the club, but I was well informed of Brent's views regarding how he had never known such a stubborn fan-base and, more-or-less, what determined fighters Argyle fans were and of his growing respect for the fans.
This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. It's classic stroking and telling a proud Janner what a stubborn so and so he is .... it's just so classic.

Perhaps I'm being dumb, but just how many fan bases has this man had dealings with to compare ? ... I would guess a big fat zero.
Please, let's have a bit of rigorous examination and not just the same old doffing from those that have got it wrong before so many times.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 am

Tis lives in BATH bit more than 40 miles
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:51 am

GOB...spot on.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah, i'd go with that too GOB. I've been a JB man from the off, don't know him, never met him but it's all about the researchable credibility and moral dimension to his business dealings and the fact he wasn't looking to hive off the ground. But even though i've championed his ascention from the very beginning I wouldn't want an owner without checks and balances in place to ensure the same old problems don't emerge further down the track.

It's why I never wanted PASOTI to be made 'official', I didn't like Todds website thing and why I desperately hope the Trust are NOT given a place on the board. There needs to be seperation or all you get is fawning inclusionism.
Back to top Go down

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:36 pm

X Isle wrote:
Yeah, i'd go with that too GOB. I've been a JB man from the off, don't know him, never met him but it's all about the researchable credibility and moral dimension to his business dealings and the fact he wasn't looking to hive off the ground. But even though i've championed his ascention from the very beginning I wouldn't want an owner without checks and balances in place to ensure the same old problems don't emerge further down the track.

It's why I never wanted PASOTI to be made 'official', I didn't like Todds website thing and why I desperately hope the Trust are NOT given a place on the board. There needs to be seperation or all you get is fawning inclusionism.

Agree with that too, I really don't want the trust on the board and I don't believe any of them aspire to it. If the club is taken over, the trust needs to be an interface between supporters and board which wouldnt happen if the trust were on the inside as it were.

I also think expecting brent to chuck loads of money about is wrong, at some point the club needs to stand on its own two feet. However this is an opportunity for him, if he gets it right the rewards are worthwhile.

I expect Ridsdale to disappear once this is over, there's nothing left for him now. Which was why he was desperately trying to hawk the club to Kassam. I think offering him £100,000 would a complete disgrace, I heard
Exeter were paying Norrie Stewart that much, which their supporters denied.

It would be foolish not to offer Peter Jones a position. He knows and loves the club and he was damn good at what he did. Mainly marketing the club, getting Janners off their backsides and communicating in general.

We'll also need a new manager, it's becoming increasingly obvious that it's not working. That's a shame because it could have worked out, but for various reasons, some circumstancial some as a result if failure it hasn't. There isn't a huge amount of replacements and sackingthe manager isn't always the answer but if the rumours are correct and he lost the dressing room then it's got to be done.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:05 pm

GOB wrote:

Without going down the path of the crappy name calling and "banter", this has long been our concern regarding those that claim to represent "us", our self imposed representatives fall for the bull shit every single time. Since I first met IJN in the McCauley days he's been the same, I can't think of a single character in the higher regions of the Argyle ladder that has not managed to impress IJN, only for it to all fall to pieces at a later time.

I think IJN bleeds green, there's no doubting that, but I really cannot think of any other person that is less qualified and is such a poor judge of character to represent any fans organisation. For once I don't say this intending disrespect, it really is how I see things.

My fear is that the self imposed, unelected leaders of a very small minority group named the Pasoti Trust have the same failings, I have seen and read nothing to think otherwise but have read plenty to suggest that this is the case.

Brent should be made welcome, but he should also be eyed with a courteous yet suspicious mind, I do not believe that our present self imposed leaders are capable of this and that concerns me. The type of person that volunteers for such positions will always have an eye for social ladder climbing or lime light hugging, that's the price we pay and it's the nature of the game and it's fair enough, the problems occur when the lime light takes on more significance then the job at hand...I think our leaders may have already reached that point when they first conversed with Brent. In time elections should sort out these issues, for now the question is, will IJN retain his unelected and self imposed position? When will the Trust seek elections?

Eloquently put, my dear old thing................................. and................... 'Youm a plaaaastic ! How much av yooooo given ?'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Complete Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete Circle   Complete Circle Empty

Back to top Go down

Complete Circle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next