VillageGreen
Tringreen
tcm
akagreengull
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Looking at Tuesdays and Saturdays fixture list come five o'clock next Saturday Argyle could be in one of the two bottom places

A crap team in a crap league with a crap owner, stand by blue square we are on our way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I think the biggest worry at the end of this season is if we can avoid relegation to the blue square south.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Success with a non investing owner! does'nt really go together does it?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

akagreengull wrote:
About Argyle staying in the football league, nothing to do with our position in the league, there is still 57 points to be won, nothing to do with Sheridan - he has my total support and I shall support both him and the team on Saturday 100%.
We all Know about the situation at H.P we as fans have debated the issues in depth and continue to do so. My uneasy feel for our survival chances are purely instinctive, totally gut based.
Last season my gut feeling was that we would stay up by a small margin -which was the case, right now I feel a bad situation coming. I just hope my instinctive radar needs retuning. pale

As terrible as Argyle were on Saturday,they need to up the ANTI asap. I still think they will stay up though.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 am

We need to be the third worst team out of 92. Depressing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 am

VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
About Argyle staying in the football league, nothing to do with our position in the league, there is still 57 points to be won, nothing to do with Sheridan - he has my total support and I shall support both him and the team on Saturday 100%.
We all Know about the situation at H.P we as fans have debated the issues in depth and continue to do so. My uneasy feel for our survival chances are purely instinctive, totally gut based.
Last season my gut feeling was that we would stay up by a small margin -which was the case, right now I feel a bad situation coming. I just hope my instinctive radar needs retuning. pale

As terrible as Argyle were on Saturday,they need to up the ANTI asap. I still think they will stay up.though

Sheridan's interviews don't give me any confidence. He's so downbeat when he needs to be imaginative, use humour and the big stick in equal measure and above all show the passion he says is missing from the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:53 am

Tringreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

As terrible as Argyle were on Saturday,they need to up the ANTI asap. I still think they will stay up.though

Sheridan's interviews don't give me any confidence. He's so downbeat when he needs to be imaginative, use humour and the big stick in equal measure and above all show the passion he says is missing from the players.

I disagree. I watched his interview on Saturday "I can't stand for that" and I was pleased that at last we have someone who hopefully read the riot act. His point about the best players being able to transfer training form into game form was correct.

Having said that the test of the next 2 months will be if he can then work positively with the team and get them to respond and that is where the qualities you outline Tring become vital, rather than in an interview.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am

There is nothing to suggest that the team at the moment are one of the worse to ever 'grace' Home Park. In a results game the recent run of results before Saturday said that we were moving in the right direction. However they somewhat glossed over the fact that we are beyond rubbish.

The next 4 games are against 2 top of the table teams and 2 bottom of the table teams. Taking points off Barnet and Wimbledon would be wonderful but we are no better than either of them. The Tuesday night win against Wimbledon last season was defining. It could be again.

The difference in my feeling last year to this is that if we went down last year it wouldn't have been for want of trying. I don't feel the same this year at the moment. From putting our hopes in players like Griffiths and a manager like Fletcher to the director of football debacle and one of the biggest budgets in the division and the onward and upwards meme and the loan signings now that by at large look equally dross we deserve what we get this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 am

Argyle are in a terrible position they now have to depend on other teams results to keep them in this crap league.

There was no need for this dogfight the blame lays wholly at JB's door if Flecth had been replaced much earlier I am sure the team would be in a much stronger position even perhaps pushing the play off places.

BRENT OUT!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm

I think that Sheridan should give them a rollicking he seems reluctant too. If they can't handle being told the cold hard truth after another appalling display then they're not worthy of being in the league. They're certainly not worth the £20 people are shelling out.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Them couple of tasty looking loaners might do enough to keep the dream alive for yous, assuming they don't get bored too quickly and realise that playing for a cack club in the back end of beyond is not the best way to get noticed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 pm

James Brent is the man to blame, how Fletcher stayed in that position for so long is astonishing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:41 pm

I agree Brent if where the finger should be pointed but I find it difficult to blame Fletcher or the more recent fall guy, Sheridan.

The simple fact is that if the owner doesn't give a toss then there will only ever be one outcome.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Pitbull wrote:
James Brent is the man to blame, how Fletcher stayed in that position for so long is astonishing.

I don't know for sure either but Im going for a football lite board and the rumour whispered in Brents ear that we were one or two players short of being a promotion team.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Maybe we should try and re-sign Fletcher's dad.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Northampton and AFC will be tough games,make no mistake about that. If Argyle can get 4 points from those two,hopefully that may go along way to securing safety. Having Saying that,Argyle have some tough home games in March and April.

I was in the Noah's Ark on Saturday night and there were one or two who were complaining and suggesting Sheridan is NOT the chap to manage Argyle.

We have now got to the stage where the first team down there who start to wobble could go down.

As always,home form has let Argyle down this season. That needs to be addressed and rather quickly..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
Argyle are in a terrible position they now have to depend on other teams results to keep them in this crap league.

There was no need for this dogfight the blame lays wholly at JB's door if Flecth had been replaced much earlier I am sure the team would be in a much stronger position even perhaps pushing the play off places.

BRENT OUT!

Your first statement is untrue. If we were in the bottom two, you'd be correct. We aren't.

The team have to take some of the blame.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:43 pm

I had this ridiculous notion that Argyle would be safe,with points to spare come the end of the season.

On reflection,i think they will just about stay up,but it will be a bloody nail-biter of a time now.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm

hairy j wrote:
Happy Daze wrote:

BRENT OUT!

Your first statement is untrue. If we were in the bottom two, you'd be correct. We aren't.

The team have to take some of the blame.

Ok Hairy one I will take that first line back but lets just see were we are come about five o'clock next Saturday
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:53 pm

so IF sheridan aint the man then who the hell is !!!!!! ???????

get to end of season, clear out 6-8 players minimum then rebuild.
it CAN be done.

Brent will have to do something he hasnt done so far, come up with a CLEAR idea & stop using unrealistic figures/ideas & listen to those who have not got a clue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Sheridan has a hell of a job on his hands trying to keep Argyle in the league if and it's a big if he pulls it off then he will have done a great job if he doesn't then so be it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:08 pm

I've had a vision of next season, fletcher back in charge, argyle needing to win the last game of the season at forest green rovers to stay up and getting beat four nill, chadwick, hourihane both sent off after ten minutes, fletcher telling sparks thats the way it go's innit affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 am

VillageGreen wrote:
I had this ridiculous notion that Argyle would be safe,with points to spare come the end of the season.

On reflection,i think they will just about stay up,but it will be a bloody nail-biter of a time now.....

Sheridan said more than a week ago 'it will go to the wire', of course there is also the huge irony that our biggest rival could determine if we stay in the football league or not. Given the Grecians away form and our own dire home form - if we played them tomorrow, we will lose.
THANKS JAMES BRENT YOU WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY (for the wrong reasons).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 am

As an aside I wonder what will be said by the uber fans about the messiah Brent when his tenure at HP comes to an end? will he still be the man who stepped in and saved the club? or the man who was only in it for the land?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Don't have a good feeling.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next