VillageGreen
Tringreen
tcm
akagreengull
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:26 pm

I still don't understand why Sheridan is not playing some of the squad. Personally I've always thought Gurrieri doesn't get more playing time (or even some playing time) as I think he appears more technically gifted than most of the squad.
Even a cameo sub appearance to offer that something different and hopefully open up defences. Sheridan only used 1 sub on Saturday when anyone could see that what we were trying to achieve clearly was not working
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 pm

mcfry wrote:
I still don't understand why Sheridan is not playing some of the squad. Personally I've always thought Gurrieri doesn't get more playing time (or even some playing time) as I think he appears more technically gifted than most of the squad.
Even a cameo sub appearance to offer that something different and hopefully open up defences. Sheridan only used 1 sub on Saturday when anyone could see that what we were trying to achieve clearly was not working

Guerrieri isn't playing probably for the same reasons that he couldn't get into a Burton team which went 23 matches without a win last year.Not bad on the ball but a bit of a nothing player really [although admittedly there seem to be a few of those about in the Argyle squad],we won't be seeing much more of him or Lowry after this season.Sad reflection on the "quality" of signings made last summer but highly predictable to those of us who believe that you can't get shit from a rocking horse.If a similar batch is made this summer whoever is manager,then we'll know that the future is not very bright under the current directorship-can't say that i'm all that hopeful though.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 pm

I don't even think Gurreri's that much of a technical player really. Looks flashy with the ball at his feet and can control it well but his passing/final product leaves a lot to be desired and as GS- a bit of a nothing player aside from that although to his credit he has a great work ethic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I don't even think Gurreri's that much of a technical player really. Looks flashy with the ball at his feet and can control it well but his passing/final product leaves a lot to be desired and as GS- a bit of a nothing player aside from that although to his credit he has a great work ethic.

To me that sounds exactly the same as PCH
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Pitbull wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

To me that sounds exactly the same as PCH
PCH is a lot quicker and a better dribbler, Gurreri has a much higher work rate and a better first touch. I agree that they're both the same in that they're flashy and wear a fur coat without knickers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 pm

IMO he has (from what I have seen) more ability than the others we tend to continually use. For starters he can actually run with the ball at his feet and is not scared to take a player on, unlike the rest.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 am

I have a very bad feeling, looking at the results yesterday on arriving back home from holiday yesterday. I felt physically shocked, my gut feeling tells me, we are going down - but of course we may not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 am

hairy j wrote:
Happy Daze wrote:
Argyle are in a terrible position they now have to depend on other teams results to keep them in this crap league.

There was no need for this dogfight the blame lays wholly at JB's door if Flecth had been replaced much earlier I am sure the team would be in a much stronger position even perhaps pushing the play off places.

BRENT OUT!

Your first statement is untrue. If we were in the bottom two, you'd be correct. We aren't.

The team have to take some of the blame.

So I guess I am now correct then, JB will not invest in Argyle all he see's is land deals.

Administration number two cannot be far off. If you think this is bad just wait until next season.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 am

But he's given the supposed tribal leaders silly hats, titles and the keys to the executive toilets and listens to their advice.

Gawd help us !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 am

Tringreen wrote:
But he's given the supposed tribal leaders silly hats, titles and the keys to the executive toilets and listens to their advice.

Gawd help us !

One flew over the cuckoos nest lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Gutted, not only are we likely to go down but if we lose again against the Bees then we will become marooned, it may not even be a close thing by the last game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 pm

At least by the time we play Exeter we will already be relegated
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Given Barnet's recent form and looking at the stats and text commentary of their game tonight, I wouldn't be getting your hopes up too much. It looks like they absolutely marmalised Southend - a team at the right end of the league. Barnet had 72% possession, and 18 shots, 10 of which were on target. Stats can be misleading, but unless the guy on the laptop was being paid by a Malaysian betting syndicate, I don't think that was the case here.

I was in no doubt that you'd stay up, assuming that the Reluctant Bidder would prefer to avoid unnecessary grief and would just about do enough to allow him to save you from your development land in relative peace. I'm beginning to think I may have been wrong - perhaps I underestimated his Smiling Assassin ruthlessness, his lust for money and his ability to pacify the natives by co-opting the tribal leaders, as Tring so aptly put it, no matter how bad things got.

Having said that, I seem to detect signs that Webb has realised in which direction the wind is beginning to blow and is preparing to cover his tracks and reposition himself with the politician's sleight-of hand that appears to have been his modus operandi to date. I imagine he'll try to use the personal capital that he seems to have built up as a result of the claim that he, his cabal and "the fans" "saved" the club. I hope that if things do go Pete Tong then you never allow him to wriggle out of the trap he's set himself and you prevent him or anyone else from being able to continue the situation of rule by ego and personality cult that seems far too prevalent at PAFC.

As an aside, quite how this claim has become the accepted wisdom among you lot is a mystery to me. With due respect to the laudable efforts of those who tried their best, from the outside it seems that the so-called club-saving campaign largely amounted to a series of publicity stunts and so on - the vigil, the march and whatnot. While I'm sure these were beneficial in boosting the morale of fans at a dark time, I'm extremely sceptical that they had any material influence on the eventual outcome. The idea that the Reluctant Bidder was in fact so reluctant that he had to be persuaded, begged and cajoled by Webb and his Green Army to step in and that he was carried along by a wave of grass-roots activism in spite of his better judgement, seems far-fetched in the extreme. To be honest it seems more plausible that he was waiting in the wings for the right moment to strike. It would very interesting to find out who BIL really were and what connections they may have had with whom. Apparently the Herald claimed at the time that they were on the case but would leave it until after the exit from administration. Has there been any follow-up since? (Let me guess).

Of course I may be too cynical for my own good and may have got the wrong end of the stick - but if not then someone should challenge this conventional wisdom. It's the entire basis on which Webb and co. have built their powerbase after all.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks Jabba for one of the more thoughtful posts on here, cynical? anyone looking at the state of the club, would not easily disagree with what you say, whether they have an interest in Argyle or not.
Anyway if Brent does suddenly lose interest, and he throws his scarf in the bin, and his sons say 'dad lets go and watch the Chiefs' he has always got the Pavillions to boost his empire profits with, aided by his band of lapdog councillors. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:21 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Given Barnet's recent form and looking at the stats and text commentary of their game tonight, I wouldn't be getting your hopes up too much. It looks like they absolutely marmalised Southend - a team at the right end of the league. Barnet had 72% possession, and 18 shots, 10 of which were on target. Stats can be misleading, but unless the guy on the laptop was being paid by a Malaysian betting syndicate, I don't think that was the case here.

I was in no doubt that you'd stay up, assuming that the Reluctant Bidder would prefer to avoid unnecessary grief and would just about do enough to allow him to save you from your development land in relative peace. I'm beginning to think I may have been wrong - perhaps I underestimated his Smiling Assassin ruthlessness, his lust for money and his ability to pacify the natives by co-opting the tribal leaders, as Tring so aptly put it, no matter how bad things got.

Having said that, I seem to detect signs that Webb has realised in which direction the wind is beginning to blow and is preparing to cover his tracks and reposition himself with the politician's sleight-of hand that appears to have been his modus operandi to date. I imagine he'll try to use the personal capital that he seems to have built up as a result of the claim that he, his cabal and "the fans" "saved" the club. I hope that if things do go Pete Tong then you never allow him to wriggle out of the trap he's set himself and you prevent him or anyone else from being able to continue the situation of rule by ego and personality cult that seems far too prevalent at PAFC.

As an aside, quite how this claim has become the accepted wisdom among you lot is a mystery to me. With due respect to the laudable efforts of those who tried their best, from the outside it seems that the so-called club-saving campaign largely amounted to a series of publicity stunts and so on - the vigil, the march and whatnot. While I'm sure these were beneficial in boosting the morale of fans at a dark time, I'm extremely sceptical that they had any material influence on the eventual outcome. The idea that the Reluctant Bidder was in fact so reluctant that he had to be persuaded, begged and cajoled by Webb and his Green Army to step in and that he was carried along by a wave of grass-roots activism in spite of his better judgement, seems far-fetched in the extreme. To be honest it seems more plausible that he was waiting in the wings for the right moment to strike. It would very interesting to find out who BIL really were and what connections they may have had with whom. Apparently the Herald claimed at the time that they were on the case but would leave it until after the exit from administration. Has there been any follow-up since? (Let me guess).

Of course I may be too cynical for my own good and may have got the wrong end of the stick - but if not then someone should challenge this conventional wisdom. It's the entire basis on which Webb and co. have built their powerbase after all.

Great post Jabba and coming from a non Argyle man, it should be enshrined on as many walls as possible.

Maybe one of our surviving Politburo members could post it on the farm and see how long it lasts ?

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Will be going tomorrow and I have a bad feeling about the result and the other games - I just hope I'm wrong affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 am

Believe. Think positive. Negate fear. Dream your success.

We'll probably draw 0-0. It's going to be rather cold and they'll have no pasties..... meh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Don't have a good feeling.    I Don't have a good feeling.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Don't have a good feeling.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3