Rickler
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
X Isle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent's latest comments  Empty
PostSubject: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:33 am

Today in the local press

Sport and leisure

Two things stand out.

Developments will take time...could be Paul Stapleton speaking
And, as thought was the probable scenario, he seems to be saying he does not intend to foot the whole bill for any South Stand build himself.

So, he is indeed just buying the profitable bit and leaving the football club's problem to the council.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 am

Yup, it's Heaney Mk2 but with Web and Newell approval.

The only difference and positive spin is the ownership of the stadium by PCC, if it happens!

Having said that, their are debts to pay so I'm not sure of a better alternative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 am

GOB wrote:

The only difference and positive spin is the ownership of the stadium by PCC, if it happens!

Having said that, their are debts to pay so I'm not sure of a better alternative.

Here is the problem, whilst I am very happy that Brent is now the owner and there wasn't any viable alternative this will be now used as an angressive defence by some of the mongs on PASOTI if you dare to criticise him. "Why don't you tell us all the name of the Arab squllionaire who was trying to buy the club" or even more irritating "I didn't see you trying to bid for the club". When in truth the answer is 'we'll never know as the administrators by their own admission didn't seek to market or advertise the club or even conduct due diligence on the bids that were available".

Some of the more enlightened on PASOTI, Paul Roberts springsd to mind immediately, believe that Brent is pretty much the best of a bad crop of bidders and not to expect too much. However some of the usual mongs I am sure will be be stamping their feet and demanding that we show James Brent utter gratitude for allowing wretches like us the chance to watch a 3-0 home defeat to Torquay.

But he is the best we can hope for right now so we'll see how he progresses.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 am

I've been just about his most consistent backer on the farm from the off but I'd go with that assessement.

He's not a Kevin Heaney not by a long chalk, but times won't be immediately rosy and we were always going to have to accept some development. At any other time in our history his bid would be a damp squib, his trump cards are not a guarentee of good times ahead, they come with no promises of world domination or a feast of football. Trouble is the times we're in are so dire that a bit of stability, a bit of good governance, keeping the club and ground together and the eventual sale back into public hands is actually head and shoulders the best option and the exact thing we need right now.

As fans we need to always hold owners to account, whoever they are. I hope we give him enough slack but gaining fan representation on the board would be a trully bad thing, we need seperation. I will always remember that the Avivas, the very people who now claim Brent as their own and the one's who'll be bashing all and sundry for being critical, were giving season ticket and gate money to Ridsdale to prop up the AFC Heaney/Ridsdale dream until the very last minute. I WON'T be taking a lecture off them about anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:53 am

A cynical conspiracy theorist would be forgiven for suggesting that the whole thing is a scam, from Stapleton's original dealings with Tudor Evans, his present links with Heaney, Brent's former links with Ridsdale with the Trust head nodders taking up the tail ends, it all has a nasty stench about it. Home Park wafts pungent odours these days!

I'm still not even sure that Reid isn't a part of the dirty ongoings yet, he's gone ever so quietly for my understanding, more so considering Ridsdale's comments about him.

There's a long, long way to go before the smell finally evaporates from the terraces of Home Park!

Council leader Tudor Evans said: "This move would help the club in its ambitions for the ground, which we are very keen to support.
"It is a 'win-win' solution. It will free the club from the burden of a lease and will give it greater flexibility to raise funds. It gives the club greater security and puts its destiny in its own hands.
"Plymouth Argyle deserves a ground that reflects its ever-growing reputation. This proposal is a winner not only for the club and the council but for the city as a whole."

Has anyone noticed the uncomfortable silence from Web and Newell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

peter_dout wrote:
GOB wrote:

Here is the problem, whilst I am very happy that Brent is now the owner and there wasn't any viable alternative this will be now used as an angressive defence by some of the mongs on PASOTI if you dare to criticise him. "Why don't you tell us all the name of the Arab squllionaire who was trying to buy the club" or even more irritating "I didn't see you trying to bid for the club". When in truth the answer is 'we'll never know as the administrators by their own admission didn't seek to market or advertise the club or even conduct due diligence on the bids that were available".

Some of the more enlightened on PASOTI, Paul Roberts springsd to mind immediately, believe that Brent is pretty much the best of a bad crop of bidders and not to expect too much. However some of the usual mongs I am sure will be be stamping their feet and demanding that we show James Brent utter gratitude for allowing wretches like us the chance to watch a 3-0 home defeat to Torquay.

But he is the best we can hope for right now so we'll see how he progresses.

This just about sums it all up for me. I'm glad he's stepped in but I'm far from being absolutely sold and the adulation he seems to be receiving is very premature... haven't we been here before? The noises being made regarding Ridsdale's retention are very unsettling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm

I agree, Peter's thoughts are roughly how I see things.
Pollard's posts over the months might well have been the most consistently off putting, but Mr Webb's nonsense regarding the Reunited day take a lot of beating.
I thought this guy was a trade union worker ... he's certainly not like any TU reps I meet on a regular basis.

He's basically asking the fanbase ( i.e. the downstairs staff ) to turn out in numbers in our best bib and something, shoes gleaming, giving it an oh ar Ambrosiar .... because a possible new owner ( him upstairs ) has condescended to pop along and view the fabled loyalty of the fans.

What is this guy on ? Has anyone seen him and IJN in the same room at the same time. He's on the road a lot, so I reckon he's IJN with a false beard ?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:07 pm

On his vomit churning stickied post about coming to the fan day and seeing brent on the farm, Chairman Webb makes this statement-

"The Contingency Plan Committee have sold this Club to James Brent predominantely based on the passion Argyle Supporters have for their team and the potential to see rising crowds based on getting the right mix on and off the pitch."

Is this some sort of statement that Brent wouldn't have been involved if it wasn't for the CPC? He made an offer previously (in March) without the CPC, so why would they need to sell the club to him again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 pm

The Trust has made a massive mistake. Brent may well introduce strong fiscal governance but I support a football team, not a set of accounts. The honeymoon period will be short unless there is a massive improvement on the pitch. By doing "a Ridsdale" and trying to take credit for Brent the Trust are setting themselves up for a fall if things don't work out very quickly.

Thats why the Trust should of been independent of all the bidders.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The Trust has made a massive mistake. Brent may well introduce strong fiscal governance but I support a football team, not a set of accounts. The honeymoon period will be short unless there is a massive improvement on the pitch. By doing "a Ridsdale" and trying to take credit for Brent the Trust are setting themselves up for a fall if things don't work out very quickly.

Thats why the Trust should of been independent of all the bidders.

Quite Frank, somebody posted the other day about speaking to somebody at the FA at a conference at Wembley and asking if the FA was concerned about the Plymouth situation to which the reply was along the lines of "not really, these things always sort themselves out". And of course they always do. Just because Ridders, with the bumbling assistance of BG was able to whip up the (not so) mass hysteria amongst some that the club was minutes from extinction (several times) meant the Trust have lost sight of what their purpose is supposed to be. I'm sure Guilfoyle boss didn't want the club liquidated (why would he?) but I'm also sure he told BG to tell the straw munchers that to assist the process along...which it has.

I hope Chris Webb isn't so quick to cosy up to the bosses in his day job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The Trust are setting themselves up for a fall if things don't work out very quickly.

A bit like Fletch and Larry the lamb then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:27 pm

One of the quotes that keeps getting repeated is that the senior partners at Panda wanted to liquidate the club on numerous occasions.

Obviously they are not that senior or they would have had the power to do it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
One of the quotes that keeps getting repeated is that the senior partners at Panda wanted to liquidate the club on numerous occasions.

Obviously they are not that senior or they would have had the power to do it.

Quite...

If they wanted to, they would have done so. ...and might still do so.
We only have Pasoti's word that the Brent plan is working.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

It's all too much for me Frank, all this high politics.......... how lucky are we to have such amazing sentinels out there keeping our fires lit.
Plymouth's very own Bay of Pigs pig
I've heard P and wassname actually pressed the button, but sonehow Chris Webb, halfway between Temple Meads and Crewe got through on a crackly mobile to plead our case. Luckily Ridsdale was on the other end, or we'd be toast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Didn't you know, everyone has worked trelessly at amazing odds against!

Oh!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:32 am

Has anyone noticed the uncomfortable silence from Web and Newell?

They must be finkin jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 am

Here's Chris Webb from last night
Quote :
What I also understand is that we have 2 weeks to save our Football Club

Funny that ? I thought that's what he said two weeks ago. Shocked
I wonder what will be the mantra in 2 weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:42 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Here's Chris Webb from last night
Quote :
What I also understand is that we have 2 weeks to save our Football Club

Funny that ? I thought that's what he said two weeks ago. Shocked
I wonder what will be the mantra in 2 weeks time.

Forgive me being dense here but I don't really understand the two sentences of Mr Webb's that follow the one you've quoted PP:

"There are people who called the timing of the attack on Reid madness. This is equally as irresponsible."

What's irresponsible? Criticising Ridsdale for sacking Reid on Sunday? I'm confused.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:02 am

I find it interesting that Chris is exhorting us to get behind Brent and not rock the boat. Don't upset Ridsdale too much either because he is key to the whole process. At the same time he self promoting the fact that he has fallen out with Ridsdale on numerous occasions, either on the phone, in person or via his mobile on the train. Of course, Chris doesn't tell us what they fell out about, but it must have been important.

And we must get VERY EXCITED about the first coming of James Brent on Saturday. It will be the first time he has been to an Argyle game. I just hope that he has completed the takeover before he sees what he has got himself into Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:02 am

I'm just wondering what Ridders has promised our glorious leaders. After IJN's strange boat analogy in defence of him I was expecting the Chairman to be called up to the barricades and as Frank says, it was a somewhat equivocal statement. What's more puzzling, if anything has been offered as an incentive...how on earth does anybody still believe him.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 am

it's been a panto from day one, only the Dame and villain have remained constant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 am

The whole charade is just an insincere blow my own trumpet job, nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:40 pm

off topic but what happened to Posty's Reid fund?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:51 pm

seadog wrote:
off topic but what happened to Posty's Reid fund?

Ridsdale wasn't happy with it, so his 2 disciples (Webb and IJN) spent the money on repairing a boat.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Distance. You can only look at the bigger picture with distance, they are waaaay too close to things to be objective.

The earlier comment about Brent being perfectly capable of mounting a bid without the CPC and Trust in march is spot on. They're repositioning themselves to the point that before long they'll claim credit for his entire business empire and even his A level results waaaay back in the day.

Nomatter what they say they still released press releases wishing BIL 'over the line' and I can't forgive or forget that as readily as they seek to defend it. Especially when their leader starts pointing the finger at boycotters and moral objectors like we should be treated as some form of lepers. At least OUR position has remained consistent.

Oh and this latest has just come through..............apparently The CPC/Trust invent a time machine in the future and send John Petrie back to nine months before James Brent was born to the home address of Mrs Brent armed with nothing more than a box of Milk Tray and lashings of Brut 66. The revision of history is thus complete!!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent's latest comments    Brent's latest comments  Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent's latest comments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next