Dougie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Just for fun I've had a look at the last 8 seasons to see how the bottom club after 36 games faired compared to the final league table. In 7 out of the last 8 seasons the bottom club has gone on to be relegated. Nothing to worry about though it's not very scientific everything to play for. Onwards and Upwards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm

I am 60% certain we are going down...

I don't see how anyone (bar banton) is going to score the goals needed to keep us up.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm

us and the turks- at least we are picking up points here and there, they are in free fall
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 pm

We don't tend to do well against the better teams. Our run-in is tough. I think we're mincemeat. Sad
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Not very hopeful about our league status! Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 pm

John Sheridan's record is ok for what he has to deal with. The teams playing ok and we could win the games needed to stay up just but we are snookerd if we cant get the goals to make it count.

Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:02 pm

I agree with most people's sentiments. The next week will be critical for us. Whilst our home form is poor it is still better than our away form. These next two games are winnable and after that we've only got three home games left.

3 points or fewer - relegated
4 points - in the mix
6 points - stay up
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Looking good isn't it.

What such basic figures never show is the way the Big Mo fluctuates, not so very long ago our friends at the seaside were looking outside bets for a play off spot, now I would say they have the stench of death about them even more than you, form is the shibboleth, yours ain't that bad whereas Accy, York and the Turks's is downright diabolique.

Hold it together chums, ten games is more than enough to see you safe as long as the Mo stays pretty much where it has been for the last ten. It's two from six, I still think Barnet have far too much in their bag to stay involved, and as previously stated, I just ain't that lucky.
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
I agree with most people's sentiments. The next week will be critical for us. Whilst our home form is poor it is still better than our away form. These next two games are winnable and after that we've only got three home games left.

4 points - in the mix
6 points - stay up

i dont even think 6 will be enough now 7 at least
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Hope you do as I have £10 on a treble:

Torquay relegated
Argyle relegated
City promoted

The dream season
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Interestingly we had less points at the same stage last year and just pulled clear. But in our last ten games then we won 3 drew 5 and lost 2 (including a last dat defeat when we were safe anyway).

In my heart of hearts I can't see us going on that kind of run this year.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm actually still optimistic about staying in the real leagues, but then I think...what's the fecking point...two years of scuffling about the bottom of the bottom, great.
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
We don't tend to do well against the better teams. Our run-in is tough. I think we're mincemeat. Sad

On the contrary we don't do well against relegation teams......it's all about the present form on the day.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

On the contrary we don't do well against relegation teams......it's all about the present form on the day.

You're both right. We don't do well against any teams. That's why we're bottom of the football league.

And yes, we will be ejected from the FL.
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Freathy wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You're both right. We don't do well against any teams. That's why we're bottom of the football league.

And yes, we will be ejected from the FL.

As much as it pains that's just how I expect things to play out too
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

We've be certs for relegation since the opening defeat to aldershot, crap manager crap players crap coaches, non interested owner all the ingrediants for relegation, it all over bar the blubing!
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

4 points - in the mix
6 points - stay up

7 points from the two games? That'll be a decent return Razz
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

4 points - in the mix
6 points - stay up

yes we must chase the impossible GJ like scotland qualifying pass the group stages Wink
Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

4 points - in the mix
6 points - stay up

yes we must chase the impossible GJ like scotland qualifying pass the group stages Wink

Well is it any wonder we never qualify if everyone else can get 3.5 points for a win Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Our results against top half teams back that up totally

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Torquay & one of us/York/Accy. Although York have a new gaff and Accy have some decent players so im leaning towards a Devon double.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 pm

I can't see past a Devon Double either sadly.

Last season I was insistent we'd stay up- but I'm not saying that this year.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
We've be certs for relegation since the opening defeat to aldershot, crap manager crap players crap coaches, non interested owner all the ingrediants for relegation, it all over bar the blubing!

and endless 'we'll be back', we'll win more games, it wont be that bad, we'll be a big fish' tubthumping that we'll be hearing for the 3rd time in 4 years.

im still waiting for us to bounce back to the championship !

we'll be back ? NO we f*****g wont

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Not looking too good for Argyle at the moment. I thought we might just about stay up,but i am not so sure now.

This was interesting to say the least.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 pm

The verdict from the usually excellent Two Unfortunates blog is about right om us and the other contenders

Quote :
Verdict: Argyle’s record against top-half teams just isn’t strong enough, so fingers either need to be pulled out and / or two other teams need to continue to slide if the Pilgrims are to avoid relegation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Will We Go Down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Go Down?   Will We Go Down? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will We Go Down?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: