GreenWhiteBlack
Ken Adams
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Chingers wrote:
Ban players from wearing anything other than black football boots. Normality will quickly resume. Pink boots I ask you.... storms off to find old copies of Shoot magazine in the loft.

A decent start no doubt but more important even would be to only allow kick offs at 3pm Saturday and 7-30pm Wednesday, rip out most of them frigging seats, go back to offside being offside, give a free kick for obstruction when players are"shepherding the ball", shut the tannoy off ten minutes before the players come out and do away with goal music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:08 pm

knecht wrote:
Enemy Of The State wrote:
Can't argue with any of that, Jock. I agree - it should be fun...............IF I fall in love with the game again, but as I said in my post, I'm now enjoying going out and doing things that are enjoyable, productive, free and worry free.

Take today; It's a lovely day- I'm just getting my camera equipment ready, packing up some regulation Dartmoor sarnies (corn beef & pickle pig ), grabbing the doggy by the scruff of the neck, throwing him in the car and getting out on Dartmoor for a good 4/5 hours, probably drive out to the north moor.

Scenery, photography, doggy, scrummy food, sun shine and fresh air, and not a f*cking football in sight. rendeer

I guess you won't be going anywhere near Brentor?

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The FA cup has sadly lost its appeal as a major competition in comparison to the riches of the premier and champions league.20 years ago you could have virtually guaranteed a sell out for that fixture last night-on ITV4 the other morning,they showed an FA cup quarter final from 1979 between Wolves and Shrewsbury-Molyneux absolutely packed to the rafters [Billy Rafferty scored a cracker for Wolves,inducing more misty eyed nostalgia].Awful shame IMHO,people like Wenger and Ferguson have a lot to answer for,swanning off to Brazil instead of playing in the FA cup,fielding weakened teams etc.Old cnuts.

Aint that the truth, Greenskin!

Do you remember when FA Cup day was epic? TV coverage started early in the morning and went on all day. Was it allways on BBC or ITV? I can't remember - anyway, it wasn't f*cked up by Sky so the vast majority missed it! Evil or Very Mad You would get all of your mates around yours or someone's house or your local pub/club and it would be literally standing room only.

If it was around your mates house we would all chip in to buy shit-loads of beer and snacks and the party would last all day and night lol!

Literally, the country used to come to a stand-still on FA Cup day on a Saturday at 15:00. It was all you and your mates talked about for weeks leading up to the big day, and weeks after.

Now? It passes me by as pretty much ordinary game that I really, really couldn't be bothered about.

What the hell happened to FA cup day? Or is it me? elephant
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The FA cup has sadly lost its appeal as a major competition in comparison to the riches of the premier and champions league.20 years ago you could have virtually guaranteed a sell out for that fixture last night-on ITV4 the other morning,they showed an FA cup quarter final from 1979 between Wolves and Shrewsbury-Molyneux absolutely packed to the rafters [Billy Rafferty scored a cracker for Wolves,inducing more misty eyed nostalgia].Awful shame IMHO,people like Wenger and Ferguson have a lot to answer for,swanning off to Brazil instead of playing in the FA cup,fielding weakened teams etc.Old cnuts.

Do you remember when FA Cup day was epic? TV coverage started early in the morning and went on all day. Was it allways on BBC or ITV? I can't remember - anyway, it wasn't f*cked up by Sky so the vast majority missed it! Evil or Very Mad You would get all of your mates around yours or someone's house or your local pub/club and it would be literally standing room only.

If it was around your mates house we would all chip in to buy shit-loads of beer and snacks and the party would last all day and night lol!

Literally, the country used to come to a stand-still on FA Cup day on a Saturday at 15:00. It was all you and your mates talked about for weeks leading up to the big day, and weeks after.

Now? It passes me by as pretty much ordinary game that I really, really couldn't be bothered about.

No,it certainly isn't just you.The FA cup final was indeed a major football and social event,when i was a nipper i remember virtually the whole family used to gather to watch it in someone's home.Treb's two goals,Bob Stokoe's trilby and tracksuit,the vicious battles between Leeds and Chelsea,Charlie George and the double,Southampton,Brooking's header,Ipswich with Mariner-i can recall all those and many more very vividly but i honestly couldn't name last season's cup winners.It used to be every kids dream [a cliche i know but true] to play in the cup final,very much doubt if that is the case now though.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm

the champions league has taken its place...........

the race for 4th place is pivotal for media coverage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
I've fallen out of love with football if im being honest.

High ticket prices, over policed matches, jobsworth stewards, lack of atmosphere etc

German footbal is where its at, we should do anything we can to replicate what theyve got going on on & off the pitch over there.

Join the club....

.... better than that, how about an ADT away day at a German game? Not sure how many sausages and german lager I could take whilst enjoying the game, cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers who playes in green in the Bunders? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm

who are ADT ?

Werder bremen wolfsburg & munchenglabach,
hoffenheim? (guess)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:
who are ADT ?

Werder bremen wolfsburg & munchenglabach,
hoffenheim? (guess)

Embarassed sorry, where does budget airlines go to?
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Jaytex2012 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
I've fallen out of love with football if im being honest.

High ticket prices, over policed matches, jobsworth stewards, lack of atmosphere etc

German footbal is where its at, we should do anything we can to replicate what theyve got going on on & off the pitch over there.

Join the club....

.... better than that, how about an ADT away day at a German game? Not sure how many sausages and german lager I could take whilst enjoying the game, cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers who playes in green in the Bunders? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Forza Bremen! Time to see some big flags being waved properly Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:17 am

I used to visit my in-laws in Germany a lot, Elsner strasse in Padderborn.

My ex brother-in-law and I used to go and watch SC Paderborn 07.

If I remember right (pissed most of the time drunken , Damn German strong, cheapr pilsner), It was 2.50 DM's to get in and you got a half price currywurst and stein of Bock at half time.

It was good old spit N sawdust footy with vocal and passionate locals giving it 'You're gonna get your f*cking ed kicked in' to the away fans (all 12 of them) whislt dressed in their green Lederhosen rabbit

Halcyon days - gone forever. (big sigh) Sad
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Greenskin wrote:

So true about the FA Cup, It was shown both on ITV and BBC and it was the finale of the season, Now its shown before the football season ends, Another nail in the coffin for football but i guess some would say that we're living in the past and things move on, Maybe so but some things move on not for the better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footy lost it's sparkle?   Footy lost it's sparkle? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Footy lost it's sparkle?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2