Dougie
JonB
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JonB

JonB

Grandstand consultation events Empty
PostSubject: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi all,

On behalf of the PAS Board, I am pleased to say that members of the Plymouth Argyle Supporters' Board will be in attendance over Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week when the Grandstand and Higher Home Park plans will be on public display at the Theatre Royal.

At these events, the PAS Board will be present to do a number of things, including helping to provide a fans' perspective and to listen to other supporters in order to gather their feedback in line with the PAS Board's agreed purpose.

This agreed purpose is to support our Club, but also when appropriate, to constructively challenge the Club Board, as well as ensuring that the Club is informed of matters of concern to the Green Army.

We have also asked the Club Board to attend an additional event in the near future at which all fans will be welcome to attend, to review the full plans and to ask questions of - and provide feedback to - the Club Directors.

We are now pleased to be able to say that an open meeting has been agreed and will be arranged for the morning of our vital game against Exeter. Details will be published very soon.

We hope that this will allow for as many people as possible to attend and contribute to an issue that is an important, and let's not overlook, exciting milestone in the history of Plymouth Argyle.

If you are able to get to one of these events, I would encourage all fans to view the full set of plans and to provide constructive, realistic feedback.

Further to the above, members of the PAS Board will be further briefed on the full, very latest set of plans before they go on public display from Thursday onwards. We'll feed back as appropriate.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Unfortunately I think events of the announcement, fans involvement prior to the announcement, the shenanigans of today and the game that seems to be playing itself out (put out something rubbish then improve it by minute degrees to a then exhausted and therefore grateful fan base) have knocked the stuffing out of me to be that bothered. And normally I would be really bothered and happy to express an opinion.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 pm

I do get that Dougie, I do.

But soon, it too will pass.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Are these meetings being publicised elsewhere so that members of the public are aware of what is going on with the new development? Will Plymouth City Council representatives be in attendance to ensure that the absolute minimum damage is inflicted on the park during the works and construction of the access road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:42 am

Jon - The club must have the names and addresses of the current season ticket holders and even members who purchase tickets for the grandstand. I'm guessing that some of these maybe are not on the world wide web. Would it not be an idea for the club to personally contact them and invite them to a private event to discuss the new plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 am

I'll likely be in there on Thursday. I work in the city centre so jt would be rude not to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 am

hairy j wrote:
I'll likely be in there on Thursday. I work in the city centre so jt would be rude not to.

Hairy - You seem to be relatively close tho this...PCC?

I get the ice rink and I get the hotel to sit alongside the football club, life centre and rink. Frankly if it were just this plus a decent sized two tier stand given to the club I would probably go along with it and congratulate Brent for a hand well played.

What I don't understand (and frankly how it sits with the central park covenants) is how anyone can justify another multiplex cinema on parkland. I know you're a techy geek and love the old imax bit which is fine but if an imax cinema is such a draw then it can be built anywhere within the city, not specifically protected parkland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:01 am

I think there's a few red herrings in the mix with this little lot, my money is on this being a preparation for a more accepting and grateful fanbase when they find out that the grandstand will be slightly bigger and Newell will say "I told you so, James is a good guy, I saw it in his eyes".

I'm going for a wrap around bowl type with potential expansion that if ever needed will be cheaper to knock down and rebuild.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 am

Jon,

I shall be there at some stage on Friday, to have my view and say. I'm presuming that as it's only an early stage consultation so nobody from the PCC planning dept will be present? If there was a planner there it would be helpful to know the professional take on the scope of the whole scheme.

Can you tell us why the joint minutes of the meeting of the 2nd still have not been promulgated. Have the club blocked public release? I sincerely hope not as that would put the whole ethos of the PASB into question.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am

I'll be there- I'd like to think/hope that it could be reverted to the 'old style' design with two tiers before it was downgraded to this. I'm assuming the old design had more than 4,000 seats anyway as trying to separate that into two tiers would look a bit silly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 am

All people are requesting is that the design contains 3,000 more seats then the current "plan" its not as if were asking Brent to re-build the Bernabau.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am

If it's anything like the under 12 drawing then Brent has and will continue to receive an incredible amount of stick, he's not daft and he'll be aware that it could screw up not only his Central Park developments but it may well have wider implications with his involvement with development in the City Centre.

I'm quite convinced that this is being stage managed with a side bonus of undermining the AFT.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:32 am

Hi all,

The bigger consultation event for supporters now confirmed & being publicised today:

"The meeting is being held at the CityBus Social Club in Alma Road, Milehouse, starting at 10am (on Satuday 30th March)."

Dates, times & details of the Theatre Royal public displays:

"A club representative, members of the Plymouth Argyle Supporters’ Board & the team behind the Higher Home Park development will also be on hand to discuss the proposals at the Theatre Royal, in Royal Parade, Plymouth, this Thursday, March 21 (2pm-6pm), Friday, March 22 (11am-4pm) and Saturday, March 23 (11am-4pm)."

Cheers,

Jon
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:21 pm

An event at City bus Social club on a Saturday morning is deemed a "bigger" event than a 3-day presentation at the Theatre Royal? scratch

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:10 pm

I can't go that day I was hoping the wind would blow really hard and I was going to piss into it. I used to go to things like that but I feel rather cynacil about property developing wankers getting their own way, if it makes you feel part of something your not ever going to be part of then crack on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:20 pm

GOB wrote:
I think there's a few red herrings in the mix with this little lot, my money is on this being a preparation for a more accepting and grateful fanbase when they find out that the grandstand will be slightly bigger and Newell will say "I told you so, James is a good guy, I saw it in his eyes".

Those where my thoughts from the minute this debacle was announced. It's so plainly obvious to me. Why can't others see it? I think it's something to do with me being the worlds biggest sceptic! I eye everything and everyone with suspicion. It's the only way to fly! afro
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
An event at City bus Social club on a Saturday morning is deemed a "bigger" event than a 3-day presentation at the Theatre Royal? scratch

My tardy wording, Czar.

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I get the ice rink and I get the hotel to sit alongside the football club, life centre and rink. Frankly if it were just this plus a decent sized two tier stand given to the club I would probably go along with it and congratulate Brent for a hand well played.

What I don't understand (and frankly how it sits with the central park covenants) is how anyone can justify another multiplex cinema on parkland. I know you're a techy geek and love the old imax bit which is fine but if an imax cinema is such a draw then it can be built anywhere within the city, not specifically protected parkland.

I do work for PCC but not in Planning. I am a season ticket holder. I live in Plymouth within walking distance of Central Park. I have a young family - three children. These factors combined mean I am interested in this development and do support it. The pros are manifold; job creation, additional business rates for PCC, leisure facilities for locals and tourists, finally getting the stadium finished, developing land I see as wasted land (some don't agree).

I'm popping into the Theatre Royal tomorrow to have a look and ask some questions - both from myself and on behalf of a few other people on pasoti who can't attend. My question will be why the original render I saw of the grandstand so drastically changed - the original really was fantastic.

I'm not particularly bothered about imax (it's about £25 a ticket) but it's nice to have it - the nearest one to here is in Southampton. The nearest proper ice rink is Bristol/Swindon and again, I'm never going to use it but it's needed for those who will and it adds to the sporting facilities already there with the Life Centre. A hotel? Not bothered but it'll create jobs. I am mostly concerned about the stand - it needs to be done well and it needs to be built for the future 'success' of the club in mind. As it's the only true income source for the club, I hope it'll be more than just a stand too. I'm quite excited about going tomorrow - is that weird?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 pm

hairy j wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I do work for PCC but not in Planning. I am a season ticket holder. I live in Plymouth within walking distance of Central Park. I have a young family - three children. These factors combined mean I am interested in this development and do support it. The pros are manifold; job creation, additional business rates for PCC, leisure facilities for locals and tourists, finally getting the stadium finished, developing land I see as wasted land (some don't agree).

I'm popping into the Theatre Royal tomorrow to have a look and ask some questions - both from myself and on behalf of a few other people on pasoti who can't attend. My question will be why the original render I saw of the grandstand so drastically changed - the original really was fantastic.

I'm not particularly bothered about imax (it's about £25 a ticket) but it's nice to have it - the nearest one to here is in Southampton. The nearest proper ice rink is Bristol/Swindon and again, I'm never going to use it but it's needed for those who will and it adds to the sporting facilities already there with the Life Centre. A hotel? Not bothered but it'll create jobs. I am mostly concerned about the stand - it needs to be done well and it needs to be built for the future 'success' of the club in mind. As it's the only true income source for the club, I hope it'll be more than just a stand too. I'm quite excited about going tomorrow - is that weird?

Yes it is but then so are you with your negative fixation about some makes of TV! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:17 pm

If they have any video playing on either a Sharp or an LG screen, I'll walk out.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Iggy wrote:
I can't go that day I was hoping the wind would blow really hard and I was going to piss into it. I used to go to things like that but I feel rather cynacil about property developing wankers getting their own way, if it makes you feel part of something your not ever going to be part of then crack on.

Can I just point out that up until this JB has never been a property developer!

Can we not at least refer to him as the opportunist property developer?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:12 pm

GOB wrote:
If it's anything like the under 12 drawing then Brent has and will continue to receive an incredible amount of stick, he's not daft and he'll be aware that it could screw up not only his Central Park developments but it may well have wider implications with his involvement with development in the City Centre.

I'm quite convinced that this is being stage managed with a side bonus of undermining the AFT.

Looks like you are correct!

Discredit the AFT and of course provide a boost for his PASB puppets!

Whilst in your Mystic Meg role, can you let me know the German lottery numbers for Saturday (please)?
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:13 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Jon,

I shall be there at some stage on Friday, to have my view and say. I'm presuming that as it's only an early stage consultation so nobody from the PCC planning dept will be present? If there was a planner there it would be helpful to know the professional take on the scope of the whole scheme.

Can you tell us why the joint minutes of the meeting of the 2nd still have not been promulgated. Have the club blocked public release? I sincerely hope not as that would put the whole ethos of the PASB into question.

Charlie - apols but had missed these queries.

I'm not sure, but 'I don't think so' is the answer to the first part of your post - & to the second, the minutes have now gone out (as you've seen).

Just one thing to add, we're hoping to get a set of the plans to go online tomorrow - I'll post an update if we do.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:38 am

Is it only the fans he wants at these meeting?

ARGYLE supporters are being asked to have their say on plans for major new developments at Home Park.

Pilgrims boss James Brent last week announced a £50million regeneration plan that could see a new grandstand built at the ground.

Work could start this year if planners give the green light to projects including an ice arena, hotel and IMAX cinema.

Mr Brent's Akkeron Group is behind the developments, which will also unlock the regeneration of the Plymouth Pavilions.

The new grandstand would replace the 60-year-old Mayflower Stand. It would be the biggest seated arena in Devon and Cornwall.

Mr Brent said the improved facilities in the ground would generate match and non-match day income to pay off club debts and invest in the team.

Current Mayflower Grandstand members would need to choose an alternative seat elsewhere in the stadium – available on a first come, first served basis – until the rebuild is complete.

If they remained members during the reconstruction, they would be given priority for membership when the new Mayflower Grandstand opens.

Now the club is consulting fans about the plans.

Plymouth Argyle Supporters Board has organised a meeting for the Green Army on Saturday, March 30, Devon Expressway Derby day.

The meeting will be at the CityBus Social Club in Alma Road, Milehouse, starting at 10am.

The team behind the Higher Home Park development were to bel be on hand to discuss the proposals at the Theatre Royal, in Royal Parade, Plymouth, today from 2-6pm, tomorrow 11am-4pm and Saturday 11am-4pm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - axzz2O72dpkoA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
GOB wrote:

Looks like you are correct!

Discredit the AFT and of course provide a boost for his PASB puppets!

Whilst in your Mystic Meg role, can you let me know the German lottery numbers for Saturday (please)?

12 13 14 15 16 - Bonus Ball 1

Newell is as readable as a book, if it was a genuine joke of a stand he would have gone on the attack by saying things like "I have always liked you but..". Instead he wanted to convince everyone to attend and meet the Brent team which translates into "go down there and heap praise upon our beloved owner once you realise that he is giving away a little more than you expected".

Then there was the attack on the AFT that he got stick for, but there's nothing better than taking stick knowing that you will be able to say "I told you so" soon after.

The bloke is absolutely crackers but predictable. - "Passive-aggressive behavior" disorder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events Empty

Back to top Go down

Grandstand consultation events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next