Charlie Wood
Dingle
Dougie
JonB
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:17 am

Mrrapson wrote:
Iggy wrote:
I can't go that day I was hoping the wind would blow really hard and I was going to piss into it. I used to go to things like that but I feel rather cynacil about property developing wankers getting their own way, if it makes you feel part of something your not ever going to be part of then crack on.

Can I just point out that up until this JB has never been a property developer!

Can we not at least refer to him as the opportunist property developer?

So the bloke who owns our club already owns a skate clothing business and a string of hotels who is now "developing" about a square mile of central park is not a property developer? I am just waiting to see when the student accommodation will be shoehorned into the plan. We are being mugged, we were always being mugged, we have been downgraded to a small provincial club that are seen as weird if we expect to be a bigger club than Torquay even though we potentially have a fanbase way in excess of theirs. Everybody that has helped and continued to help Brent to get his way should have a mural, we could call it the wall of shame and situate it in the new stand, just go through the door marked Gents. Wankers.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

John_Doe says

Quote :
I've just seen the plans, and guess what - a 2 tier stand with a capacity of 4,800. The top tier is tiny!

Overall, I really appreciate what Brent is doing, I know that this grandstand won't cost PAFC, but the plans are ok at best. I want something to fill me with pride, not something that when I take my friends I feel like saying 'Looks a bit weird doesnt it'

The whole point of two tiers is a majestic structure that instills awe and pride. The plans I saw today do none of this.

The total capacity will be about 18,000.

There'll be lots of disappointed and angry people here over the next few days. I suggest that as well as venting frustration on here, you write to the club and express your feelings (in a constructive way of course :-) )

If the above is accurate Brent can take his hotel, ice rink & imax and fook off.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 pm

The PASB (in the form of Snooper and JonB) have been pretty pro club board to date on the stand. If that continues then hopefully we'll now have an issue that will unite the majority of fans that the AFT can really get their teeth into. Brenty and Jonesy will never speak to them again, ever, if they can mobilise the troops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

John_Doe says

Quote :
I've just seen the plans, and guess what - a 2 tier stand with a capacity of 4,800. The top tier is tiny!

Overall, I really appreciate what Brent is doing, I know that this grandstand won't cost PAFC, but the plans are ok at best. I want something to fill me with pride, not something that when I take my friends I feel like saying 'Looks a bit weird doesnt it'

The whole point of two tiers is a majestic structure that instills awe and pride. The plans I saw today do none of this.

The total capacity will be about 18,000.

There'll be lots of disappointed and angry people here over the next few days. I suggest that as well as venting frustration on here, you write to the club and express your feelings (in a constructive way of course :-) )

If the above is accurate Brent can take his hotel, ice rink & imax and fook off.

I thought he would pull a stunt like this just to try and appease fans. make it seem bigger with a two tier without it actually being any bigger. condescending at its best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I encourage you all to email

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] aswell as the trust tell them what you feel. Dont put it off do it asap.

Failing that go to the viewings tell them in person (nicely) tip the friends of central park off about the road (supprised they havent kicked off yet tbh)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:59 pm

The time has come and this needs our full backing,

This is probably our best chance of de-railing Brent and his plans, Hooper and his merry men wont dare rock the boat and Brent has excommunicated the trust.
Freinds of central park must be the main effort
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Punchie - I'm rocking baby!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Looks like their website is a bit dated to say the least, any thing recent and up to date?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Come on Penz you know the answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandstand consultation events   Grandstand consultation events - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grandstand consultation events
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2