125+1
Flat_Track_Bully
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Take a bow Mr Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:51 pm

5 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats

Inherited a pile of rubbish but the results have been brilliant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 pm

I admit to being surprised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

I think hell get better still as the trash departs and he gets his own people in.
Ten times the manager that Fletcher was
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

It seems that the early defensive football has helped build a foundation as we now start to score goals.

Another cup final on Saturday though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 pm

yep - he's a good un
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Like I said on another thread 19 points from 12 games would have had us fairly comfortably pulling clear any other year. If we can stay up, it bodes well for next year.

Geddon Jonnie Shez... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm

In twelve league matches John Sheridan has won just as many matches with us as Fletcher did in 27 matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Just imagine what he could do next season with proper backing!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 pm

...while I've got my jester hat on, 19 points from 12 games is actually bordering on play-off form, over the course of a season. jocolor

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 pm

He's seeming like a good choice. If we stay up & he's properly funded to get his own coaching staff & players in next season then maybe we can push on, God knows its about time.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Pitbull wrote:
In twelve league matches John Sheridan has won just as many matches with us as Fletcher did in 27 matches.

If we had kept with Fletcher we would already be down by now given the way other results have been going. We were averaging less than a point a game under him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Frannie Jeffers scores two for Accrington Stanley tonight! That's a blast from the past. He was Everton's answer to Michael Owen back in the day.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
...while I've got my jester hat on, 19 points from 12 games is actually bordering on play-off form, over the course of a season. jocolor

You are right aswell

Also who would have predicted wins against Fleetwood and Southend.

its now 2 teams from 9, with Dagenham and Rochdale back in the fold. 7 games remaining, i still think we need at least 3 wins to be sure, although if we could pull 3 points against Chesterfeild, things will be alot more rosey especially if Aldershot and York lose. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 pm

I think Aldershot and York must be favourites for relegation- both have quite difficult run ins. York haven't won for 14 games but have signed Richard Cresswell on loan from Sheffield utd today (hopefully he'll be their Kenny Cooper).
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I think hell get better still as the trash departs and he gets his own people in.
Ten times the manager that Fletcher was

This.Shezza has already got rid of shite like Griffiths,Lennox and Williams who were never going to be of any use to the club in any standard of professional football.I would expect Lowry and Gurrieri to go during the summer which would be a clean sweep of the non productive garbage that was signed last summer which has deposited us well and truly in the cart.Hopefully the powers that be will appoint Shezza on a decent contract and give him some decent backing and a free hand to build his own squad-a proper manager with proper players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Also huge credit to Wotton, very clever pen, Sturrock and Cocko would have briefed the Southend keeper on what to expect, so Wotton instead just tapped it in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 pm

shezza has done a good a job as anyone could with the rubbish clueless collected, even if we do go down i wont blame him.its a miracle we still got a chance in my view.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 pm

We will soon find out if Brent waited too long to get rid of fletch
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 pm

A proper manager...thank God.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Frannie Jeffers scores two for Accrington Stanley tonight! That's a blast from the past. He was Everton's answer to Michael Owen back in the day.

He was replaced by James Beattie who played his first England game against Australia - Beattie was replaced in that game by Francis Jeffers.

Spooky stats.

Brilliant win - back to back victories. This month we've played 5, won 3, drawn 1, lost 1. That's exceptional. If we can get a result on Saturday and win the following week, could we have a manager of the month?

It's still tight as a frogs chuff though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Just think what he could do with the millions Brent is wasting on a cinema/ice rink/hotel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm

We will still get a main stand similar to Torquay
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 pm

At least there is one person at Home Park doing his job professionally and effectively. Well done Jon Sheridan! I can't imagine he'll want to stick around for long.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Certainly doing a solid job. In fact it's the first competent job done by anyone at management level at the club in some time. If he does stay and we want to make genuine progress, I still think a lot of this squad has to be moved on.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:58 am

think he'll leave in the summer whatever happens...............

stay up and he'll get a bigger job, after all JB wont be offering anything other than a 'competitive' salary - yeah competitive with rochdale.

go down & no one will touch him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan Empty

Back to top Go down

Take a bow Mr Sheridan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next