Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 am

He wins ugly and he wins lucky. And that's what we need right now. He also seems to be getting something extra out of the players that Carl Fletcher seemingly couldn't.

It's been a wasted season and no mistake. And as we claw our way to by no means guaranteed safety yet you can only reflect what would have been.

And here's the rub (and Freathy alluded to it earlier). I've no idea what kind of contract Sheridan is on but i would figure there will be other clubs casting envious glances in his direction already. The last thing we need really is losing him sometime during the summer and having to wait around for another one to come in. Even in winning last evening it was one of the first thoughts on my mind.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am

jocolor fanfest anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:16 am

The man is doing what he is paid for, a good job.

I will not get excited by two wins in a row although they where more than welcome.
If Argyle stay up come the end of the season then will be the time to praise the manager, if we go down then he should not take any blame.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 am

Came in to post exactly what Freathy and LA said. We should have given him a 2 year contract. If we stay up then we have the right man in charge. If we went down then we still have the right man in charge to get us out the shit.

Now every league 2/1 side who feck their manager off in the summer will be able to offer him more wages and probably more money to build a squad. He's constantly said he didn't realise how difficult it was to get players down here so I think he'll be off to the first semi decent offer that comes in whilst JB does nothing to keep him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 am

I suspect he wouldn't have wanted a two-year contract. Why would a man of his calibre or experience want to manage in the Blue Square?

I also suspect that the club were hedging their bets if we had gone down on not wanting to pay the salary he would have wanted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
shezza has done a good a job as anyone could with the rubbish clueless collected, even if we do go down i wont blame him.its a miracle we still got a chance in my view.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegzackerly. If clueless was still the gaff, we'd be looking at playing Saltash Utd in a couple of years time. I have been quietly impressed by JS, so-far.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:46 am

Seven points out of a possible nine over the week is promo form so yeah Sheridan has obviously improved things - whatever happens and we could all still be crying into our beer in a couple of weeks time. The inescapable truth is there to see - BRENT has singlehandedly put our league status at risk.
I will go to the Akkerton presentation tomorrow at the Theatre Royal to see first hand what the vulture capatalist has in store for us.
I don't hold any hope that Brent- the man who employed a rookie manager with limted management ability, at a crucial point in our history, who sanctioned the buying of part time players from the Welsh league and would'nt even stump up for pots of paint at Home Park; will put his hand in his bulging wallet to offer Sheridan an attractive package to continue the squad development.
As always we will see.
ENJOY THE RIDE FELLOW GREENIES. cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 pm

I thought the deal was that if Sheridan keeps Argyle up,then Brent will offer him a more concrete contract..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 pm

That could mean anything, he put put clauses in there that would get Sheridan running for the hills and then blame him for being greedy, it's too easy, hopefully Brent has realised that without a successful team all the murals in the world won't pack out Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take a bow Mr Sheridan   Take a bow Mr Sheridan - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Take a bow Mr Sheridan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2