mouldyoldgoat
JonB
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
JonB

JonB

The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update Empty
PostSubject: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 pm

The Chairman of the PAS Board Ed Shillabeer and three other members of the Board attended a further briefing at Home Park this lunchtime, to review the latest iteration of the plans ahead of the three-day public display at Plymouth’s Theatre Royal week.

At this briefing, a detailed presentation was followed by a productive discussion. The result of this discussion and the response to the feedback that has been received following the initial publication of the plans last Saturday, will now see significant revisions to the Grandstand proposals.

Following today’s briefing, Ed said, “I am really happy to say that the fans have already been listened to. The current plans for the Grandstand now see two-tier seating and a bigger capacity.”

Ed added, “This is a really important issue for Plymouth Argyle and I hope that as many people as possible can come along and look at the full set of plans on Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week”.

A further consultation event aimed specifically at Plymouth Argyle supporters has now been confirmed for 1000hrs on Saturday 30th March and will be held in the CityBus Social Club in Milehouse. The PAS Board encourages everyone who can make it to be there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Anyone else get the feeling these plans for a one tier grandstand were not put out in the hope that Mr Brent could get away with 'as little outlay as possible' but because when the fans kicked up a stink about it the club could then change it to two tier and then say that owner has listened to the supporters because he cares so much?

Or am I being cynical? Shocked

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:39 pm

“I am really happy to say that the fans have already been listened to. The current plans for the Grandstand now see two-tier seating and a bigger capacity.”

Abracadabara.

That was easy..

Now that we have added a few thousand - any idea on leg room between the seats?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Still no actual numbers though.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Before the thread on PASOTI turned into a war of words, the opening salvo from everyone's favourite resident in the director's box suggested the plans would/could be changed.

It makes sense to assume that there was always a backup set of plans that could be presented as an 'alternative' to please the mere plebs after the consultations.

FFS everyone knows a consultation exercise is pointless and the real plans have already been agreed long ago between those involved - whether that is to build a grandstand at HP, housing development on a greenfield site or shut a Post Office Counter, consultation exercises are just box ticking exercises.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

So is the current design the one shown to 'Fans representation' before it went on holiday?

The way that the single tier design was updated within 4 days of it being announced is absolutely incredible.

Are the board demonstrating just how powerful the PASB will be in future?

Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:52 pm

To be honest that drawing looked like part of some spotty teenagers GCSE art coursework.

The real plans were just waiting for a more convenient launch time, probably just about the time we secure league status and season ticket sales are the order of the day.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:58 pm

The league status situation might yet be an issue , with 4 of the last 7 matches being against clubs right in the middle of the race for promotion.
We're going to need two clubs to do a Hereford & Macclesfield imo.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Whatever spin we might like to put on the about face, it's good news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Anyone else get the feeling these plans for a one tier grandstand were not put out in the hope that Mr Brent could get away with 'as little outlay as possible' but because when the fans kicked up a stink about it the club could then change it to two tier and then say that owner has listened to the supporters because he cares so much?

Or am I being cynical? Shocked

Mouldy i think your not alone. Rember Peter Jones works in PR Wink
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Whatever spin we might like to put on the about face, it's good news.

It is Charles, it is. But to be fair this is exactly the scenario many of us predicted, in terms of the chosen PR/charm offensive route opted for by Team Brent.

They knew exactly what the reaction to a 4100 capacity one-tier stand would be. So now, the real plan is announced, to almost universal delight. Job done for Team Brent.

I just wish they wouldn't take all of us for mugs.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Still no actual numbers though.

Exactly.Don't know if you've seen the poll on PASOTI but two of the options to be voted for are for a structure of between 4501-8000.Now that could be very easily and cynically spun as "Argyle fans vote for 4600 seater" when that would be far from the truth.Or am i being too cynical? Maybe best to wait until the plans and precise numbers are revealed but come what may,nothing less than something that will give us a definite capacity of 20000 minimum will do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

what is its size? ill hold off celebrating this planned change in plans before thats reveled. Anything that takes the capacity below 20,000 is not good enough imo We're not Exeter City.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm not asking £50. I'm not asking £40. I'm not asking £30. I'm not even asking £20. To you, lady, because you've got a lovely smile, you can have it for £2.

You can't say fairer than that, can you.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 pm

I don't usually buy conspiracy theories but this one totally fits the bill. It makes heroes of Brent and his PASB.

Release crap picture. Even Brents proxy director is taken by surprise. It was two. Its changed 36 times already. Get involved in the consultation. The board will listen. Crap picture dissaapears from Higher Home Park website. Where coincidently every other part of the development has always been available in full computerised colourful CGI glory. Brents PASB has a quiet chat and tete a tit. Suddenly extra tier added. Money found. Design found. Seats found.

Stupid games if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:46 pm

I think this senario was always on the cards and was engineered so that fans are overjoyed with the two tier stand. The biggest issue is capacity and that hasn't been released (the cynic in me thinks this is another ploy as the capacity is going to be lower than expected)- I think it'll be a two tier of 5k capacity- and the masses will gleefully accept, when it should be 7.5k minimum.

But it is good news, i'm just wary about what capacity is on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think this senario was always on the cards and was engineered so that fans are overjoyed with the two tier stand. The biggest issue is capacity and that hasn't been released (the cynic in me thinks this is another ploy as the capacity is going to be lower than expected)- I think it'll be a two tier of 5k capacity- and the masses will gleefully accept, when it should be 7.5k minimum.

The nool has already told his peeps that new bits can be bolted on, so they'll take the new improved version, even though it was what was always planned and won't be big enough to make the all important statement of intent to the wider public............ and no, it won't take 6 to 9 months to bolt bits on ffs !
Same old Argo, lacking vision, lacking ambition but full of cunning plans.

Brent really must think we are all idiots, just like his jamboys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm

When are the mere fans going to see these plans or do we have to attend a timeshare meeting first??
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I was always under the impression it costs far more to 'bolt another bit on' then to just build it in the first place.

All to do with extra cost of having workforce on site twice, etc etc. I suppose there will only be a need to bolt more on if we are going well. Then revenue is up and it can be afforded I guess.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

The nool has already told his peeps that new bits can be bolted on, so they'll take the new improved version, even though it was what was always planned and won't be big enough to make the all important statement of intent to the wider public............ and no, it won't take 6 to 9 months to bolt bits on ffs !

Newell was also saying he'd like a two tier 4.5k stand- I think the tier issue is minimal in the scheme of things and it was going to be a two tier stand all along, it's capacity that is key.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Newell was also saying he'd like a two tier 4.5k stand- I think the tier issue is minimal in the scheme of things and it was going to be a two tier stand all along, it's capacity that is key.

2 tier 4.5 k it is then Rolling Eyes not much different than the sketch No hope I'm wrong but I somehow doubt it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

2 tier 4.5 k it is then Rolling Eyes not much different than the sketch No hope I'm wrong but I somehow doubt it.

how stupid would it look if that is the case!!! two tiers of 2750 with the majority of the stand being corporate facilities. Look how far we've come
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:16 pm

My source said It was a set up, give them something to complain and out of his magic hat a new stand appeared, the person said the plan is going to planning in April and they would not have time to change the foot print of the overall development if they did not have the new plans already The clue is in the first drawing of the stand.
Do not take your eye off the plan for the road because he is trying to keep it out of the public domain.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:21 pm

You only have to see from the responses on Pasoti to see whose stock has risen in the past few days - Brent and Brent's PASB. It's situation that is straight out of Alastair Campbells or Malcolm Tuckers play book. A PR man would be very proud. Anyone know of one.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:22 pm

The only one I know isn't actually that good at PR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next