Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.

Go down 
+26
Damon.Lenszner
Jethro
seadog
pepsipete
Greenskin
Highwayman
Tgwu
Peggy
Freathy
Thai green
mouldyoldgoat
Czarcasm
Coxside_Green
jabba the gut ecfc
JonB
Grovehill
Lord Tisdale
Charlie Wood
Dane
Elias
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
lawnmowerman
VillageGreen
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:45 pm

I have just received a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors (recorded delivery too) accusing me of being the ATD poster - punchdrunk and relates to the New Grandstand wish list thread and damaging comments made within it.

The letter goes on to name two other people -Lord Tisdale and Mike Searle,who are accused of repeating the damaging comments.

From the letter itself:-

''Our client discovered on 21st March 2013 that a statement [blank] is currently being published in posts on the New Grandstand wish list!? of the online Plymouth Argyle forum accessible via the URL [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Offending Statement)''.

''The Offending Statement is untrue and is likely to damage the reputation of our client. The post was added by punchdrunk, which we understand is your avatar. The Offending Statement has been repeated by Mike Searle and Lord Tisdale''.

The letter goes on to say:-

''Our client demands that you act expeditiously to remove the offensive and libellous posts forthwith''.

''If our client receives confirmation by 15:00 on 23rd March 2013 that you have removed the Offending Statement, our client will take no further action against you''.

Firstly,i am not ''punchdrunk'' and secondly,i have not posted on the New Grandstand wish list.

The letter is a Notice and take down letter under Article of the E-Commerce Directive (2000/31/EC).

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:48 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have just received a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors accusing me of being the poster - ''punchdrunk'' and relates to the New Grandstand wish list thread and damaging comments made within.

Firstly,i am not ''punchdrunk'' and secondly,i have not posted on the New Grandstand wish list.

The letter is a notice and take down letter under Article of the E-Commerce Directive (2000/31/EC).

You can't scratch your ass these days without this sort of sh*t flying around. Just what where the damaging comments (via PM of course). afro

I have just had a quick skeg through that thread. Unless anything's been removed, I can't see anything Punchy has posted which could be construed as damaging - unless of course they mean about spaying Man U across the murals in red paint? lol!

Last edited by Person Of Interest on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:54 pm

My main concern would be how did the solicitor get your address also what did punchy say ????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:59 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
My main concern would be how did the solicitor get your address????

LM, I don't think the mongrels who instigated this would have any problem getting someone's address. It's well documented how many budding 'Magnum Pi's' Pasoti have on their site.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:00 pm

We removed a few posts from the thread.

Basically, don't say anything about someone's business which could lead yourself open to libel. We got a similar letter.

How they got your address and figured you were punchdrunk, I've no idea. The admin team certainly haven't given anyone's details out, and nor would we.

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Can City fans get tickets for the fanfest? I know of a few who want to pay their respects to Ian Newell in person on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:01 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have just received a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors accusing me of being the ATD poster - ''punchdrunk'' and relates to the New Grandstand wish list thread and damaging comments made within.

The letter goes on to name two other people -Lord Tisdale and Mike Searle,who are accused of repeating the damaging comments.

The letter is a Notice and take down letter under Article of the E-Commerce Directive (2000/31/EC).

How have they got your address that is the worrying thing?

Has somebody got access to the member database and is illegally accessing it to pass on members addressess.

The mods received the same notice yesterday by email and we took the action of removing a couple of posts as requested.

The worrying thing is this has been sent to your address, how have they got your address?

Last edited by Yea Man on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:02 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Can City fans get tickets for the fanfest? I know of a few who want to pay their respects to Ian Newell in person on Saturday.

I'm sure tickets can be bought from the green taverners website if you fancy sampling the delights of the fanfest
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm

This was the solicitors firm who contacted us (ATD mods) and we acted on this yesterday. The comments in question were removed from the thread.

What is of concern is how Phillip Ross got hold of an ATD-ers contact details (albeit the incorrect ones) and sent a letter through the post. I would suggest a serious breach of data protection has occurred because how would a solicitors firm/ the person who complained know who punchdrunk (albeit incorrect) is and find their contact details. I wonder who would pass on the details?

I think we need to seek legal advice also.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have just received a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors accusing me of being the ATD poster - ''punchdrunk'' and relates to the New Grandstand wish list thread and damaging comments made within.

What a sack of old saggy furgurgers this is. The only thing Mr.Searle has said on that thread is............"Seems packed compared to Argyle's prospective attendances going forward"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

What a sack of old saggy furgurgers this is. The only thing Mr.Searle has said on that thread is............"Seems packed compared to Argyle's prospective attendances going forward"

We removed one of Mike's posts where he simply quoted punch and asked him if he was sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Yea Man wrote:

How have they got your address that is the worrying thing?

Has somebody got access to the member database and is illegally accessing it to pass on members addressess.
No, I reckon it's someone who has done a very poor investigative job.

We don't hold address details on here, why would we? The only thing is, information viewable in a profile is just that -viewable. As ever online, it pays to be vigilant with what you disclose about yourself, and also just be sensible with what you post.

My guess is that they've guessed who punchdrunk could be in real life, somehow came up with whoever village green is, found his details through twitter or google or something similar and sent the letter.

Quite why anyone would go to that length when all it takes is a pm to a mod, no idea. More money than sense to hire a solicitor to write a letter, too.

If you want any advice, Village, PM Frank or one of the mods. Unless you're a multi of punchy's you've nothing to worry about. In fact even if you were there isn't any grounds for action, really. We've removed the posts and advised the poster accordingly.

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Maybe Greenjock wasn't the only one who has been investigated?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:09 pm

The Red Star wrote:

I'm sure they'll be welcomed. It's only banter innit............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm

All very interesting, and worrying to boot!

As stated above - just who would go to such trouble?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Maybe Greenjock wasn't the only one who has been investigated?
It does strike me as awfully familiar, someone attempting to find an address of an ATDer and coming up with someone else's completely.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Villagegreen- do you have a pasoti account?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:15 pm

I fully expected a campaign to attempt to close ATD and to discourage and intimidate ATD users.

Could this possibly be a mix up in the Club's database?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:15 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

W@ankers can't even get the right fella lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:17 pm

GOB wrote:
I fully expected a campaign to attempt to close ATD and to discourage and intimidate ATD users.

Could this possibly be a mix up in the Club's database?

They can shut us down but they can't stop us setting up again lol!

It's all a bit sad really.

We're a league two football club.

A simple email or pm to a mod and the posts would be removed as always.

The posts were missed by the mods on here we don't watch the forum 24/7.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
All very interesting, and worrying to boot!

As stated above - just who would go to such trouble?

Someone that would like to silence the voices of discontent perhaps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:19 pm

We should be shouting about this from the rooftops!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Someone is a pretty shit investigator lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:25 pm

So now the club is attempting to bully its fans. Unfeking believable!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:28 pm

GOB wrote:
So now the club is attempting to bully its fans. Unfeking believable!

The solicitors letter wasn't due to anything said about the club and the solicitors (phillip ross) aren't acting on behalf of the club in this case. It was linked to a local business and defamation of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next