Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.

Go down 
+26
Damon.Lenszner
Jethro
seadog
pepsipete
Greenskin
Highwayman
Tgwu
Peggy
Freathy
Thai green
mouldyoldgoat
Czarcasm
Coxside_Green
jabba the gut ecfc
JonB
Grovehill
Lord Tisdale
Charlie Wood
Dane
Elias
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
lawnmowerman
VillageGreen
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Dunno what they're worried about as hardly anyone reads ATD.................apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:
So now the club is attempting to bully its fans. Unfeking believable!

The solicitors letter wasn't due to anything said about the club and the solicitors (phillip ross) aren't acting on behalf of the club in this case. It was linked to a local business and defamation of them.

Well that makes sense.

Without naming, was it clear in the letter who they were representing? I don't think it will take a genius to work out what duffer is passing on the information and where it came from.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:39 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
My main concern would be how did the solicitor get your address also what did punchy say ????

Yeah,so am i.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:41 pm

lets not repeat what Punchie said or hint towards it play the game not the man people.

village and mike

are you on pasoti and if so do you use the same username?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Great post Angry !
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:43 pm

GOB wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:

The solicitors letter wasn't due to anything said about the club and the solicitors (phillip ross) aren't acting on behalf of the club in this case. It was linked to a local business and defamation of them.

Well that makes sense.

Without naming, was it clear in the letter who they were representing? I don't think it will take a genius to work out what duffer is passing on the information and where it came from.

Yes, and we had to respond to the person making the complaint, which we did after taking action. Unlike previous legal threats pig this one did seem genuine so we acted accordingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
My main concern would be how did the solicitor get your address also what did punchy say ????

Yeah,so am i.

Yup, that is baffling.

Seemingly, someone has managed to confuse Village Green's IP with Punchdrunk's IP, handed that to someone that keeps a fan database and feked up big time!

If the IP came from ATD then at least the IP would have been correct, my guess is that the IP came from somewhere else or it's just a hit and miss exercise to shut everyone up.

It's conspiracy time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Ian Newell posted my personal details over the Internet so that the whole world could see them, he called me by my real name on several threads even though I posted under a pseudonym and he has access to my e mail address from being a mod on pasoti, anybody that posts on here using the same user name as they do on pasoti runs the risk of having those details passed on to third parties if they haven't already been published on flicker that is.
Before you set the solicitors on me I have copies of flicker to prove what I say is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:

Well that makes sense.

Yes, and we had to respond to the person making the complaint, which we did after taking action. Unlike previous legal threats pig this one did seem genuine so we acted accordingly.

End of problem then.

I expect Village Green will now receive a public apology from whoever it was that asked the solicitors to send that letter!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Iggy wrote:
Ian Newell posted my personal details over the Internet so that the whole world could see them, he called me by my real name on several threads even though I posted under a pseudonym and he has access to my e mail address from being a mod on pasoti, anybody that posts on here using the same user name as they do on pasoti runs the risk of having those details passed on to third parties if they haven't already been published on flicker that is.
Before you set the solicitors on me I have copies of flicker to prove what I say is true.

And who is Newell friends with......

Atd have not given out ANY personal info/ip addresses to ANYONE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:50 pm

I smell pork lol!

Of course if there is a pork involvement then it's an indirect club involvement.

I'm off out to get a crate clown
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:57 pm

What do you think Angry ? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:04 pm

I think a someone has broken the law regarding data protection here especially when the person in question is innocent someone(s) PD was the man who said it fair enough, not sure what LT said or Mike for that matter but village there is no justification for it. The person who issued the threat should apologise publicly and privately.

Last edited by Angry of Manchester on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Glad to hear that the bad remarks have been removed and it appears the situation has been cleared up now.

Thanks for the PMs chaps.

The letter was sent to my address using my real name !! Shocked .

I do not post on pasoti,i use my real name on Facebook and for Twitter i use another user name. I have not been on Facebook for ages and i have not tweeted anything bad about Argyle or any other on Twitter either.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:08 pm

The legal correspondence we received yesterday was genuine and was dealt with accordingly.

How the legal rep was able to incorrectly identify Village Green as Punchdrunk AND obtain his home address is another matter.

I would urge the individual who instructed his solicitor originally, to clear this matter up as soon as possible as this has the potential to do far more damage to his reputation then the original comments on the grandstand thread. This could dwarf PI gate and all the other internet scandals combined.

AND JUST TO BE CLEAR, the mod team here have no idea who Village Green or Punchdrunk are. We have not passed there personal details (email or IP) to anyone, nor have we been asked to. We received the exact same correspondence as VG did yesterday by email and via the abuse button at the bottom of the page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
lets not repeat what Punchie said or hint towards it play the game not the man people.

village and mike

are you on pasoti and if so do you use the same username?

I post every day on Pasoti under 3 different names all with different IP addresses - hope that helps.

Also, in respect of what Punchie wrote - all Tis and I did was question, indeed challenge, whether it was true - it appears, as we suspected, it wasn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Somewhere, someone has abused a database!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:12 pm

So was what Punchy said bad enough that is deserved such a complaint?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:14 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have just received a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors (recorded delivery too) accusing me of being the ATD poster - punchdrunk and relates to the New Grandstand wish list thread and damaging comments made within it.

The letter goes on to name two other people -Lord Tisdale and Mike Searle,who are accused of repeating the damaging comments.

From the letter itself:-

''Our client discovered on 21st March 2013 that a statement [blank] is currently being published in posts on the New Grandstand wish list!? of the online Plymouth Argyle forum accessible via the URL [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Offending Statement)''.

''The Offending Statement is untrue and is likely to damage the reputation of our client. The post was added by punchdrunk, which we understand is your avatar. The Offending Statement has been repeated by Mike Searle and Lord Tisdale''.

The letter goes on to say:-

''Our client demands that you act expeditiously to remove the offensive and libellous posts forthwith''.

''If our client receives confirmation by 15:00 on 23rd March 2013 that you have removed the Offending Statement, our client will take no further action against you''.

Firstly,i am not ''punchdrunk'' and secondly,i have not posted on the New Grandstand wish list.

The letter is a Notice and take down letter under Article of the E-Commerce Directive (2000/31/EC).

NO SOLICITORS ARE OPEN ON A SATURDAY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:14 pm

GOB wrote:

In a word yes.

It was defamation of this company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I have just received a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors (recorded delivery too) accusing me of being the ATD poster - punchdrunk and relates to the New Grandstand wish list thread and damaging comments made within it.

The letter goes on to name two other people -Lord Tisdale and Mike Searle,who are accused of repeating the damaging comments.

From the letter itself:-

''Our client discovered on 21st March 2013 that a statement [blank] is currently being published in posts on the New Grandstand wish list!? of the online Plymouth Argyle forum accessible via the URL [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Offending Statement)''.

''The Offending Statement is untrue and is likely to damage the reputation of our client. The post was added by punchdrunk, which we understand is your avatar. The Offending Statement has been repeated by Mike Searle and Lord Tisdale''.

The letter goes on to say:-

''Our client demands that you act expeditiously to remove the offensive and libellous posts forthwith''.

''If our client receives confirmation by 15:00 on 23rd March 2013 that you have removed the Offending Statement, our client will take no further action against you''.

Firstly,i am not ''punchdrunk'' and secondly,i have not posted on the New Grandstand wish list.

The letter is a Notice and take down letter under Article of the E-Commerce Directive (2000/31/EC).

NO SOLICITORS ARE OPEN ON A SATURDAY

We have already provided confirmation that the offending posts were removed yesterday aswell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:15 pm

GOB wrote:

Well if I was Nikkk I would have handled it in a different way - but it was a derogatory and inaccurate comment about the nature of his business.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:16 pm

A clear breach of the data portection act, perhaps a letter to the solicitor asking where the complainant got their info from would be in order.............
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
I think a someone has broken the law regarding data protection here especially when the person in question is innocent someone(s) PD was the man who said it fair enough, not sure what LT said or Mike for that matter but village there is no justification for it. The person who issued the threat should apologise publicly and privately.

I agree. The solicitor has caused unnecessary stress to poor Village. It's a shambles, just like the dough boys currently clinging to perceived power at HP. Are they the only ones who can't see they've been had ? Maybe they don't care, as long as they feel important No

Just watching the rugby from Adams Park, Wycombe. I've been in that stand and it's not much to write home about but................. it is better than our proposed Aviva shed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Yea Man wrote:
GOB wrote:

In a word yes.

It was defamation of this company.

Then there can be no complaints about that, Punchy is a daft cunter sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.   Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had a letter from Philip Ross Solicitors ?.
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next