Freathy
Greenskin
Tringreen
Moist_Von_Lipwig
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Just back from the radio Empty
PostSubject: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 6:28 pm

The small crowd trooped up to Home Park while I made the most of the weather and planted garlic and beans in my Central Park allotment the club would have happily concreted over given half a chance.
Little noise first half, and War against the Newts on Radio 4 got preference over Sparksy in the second half even though Steve Davey was on the team ( a favourite of mine). I notice poor old JV has been admonished over the way in the usual manner for having the timerity to give of his opinion. Argyle's latest superfan, the sad Postey, burping after his lunch, slating said fan for not rushing over from Germany for the pleasure, but having the nerve to comment.

I saved £40 on what I would have been doing last season... that feels good. It sounds as if the second half faltering continues as is the way with poor teams.
It also sounds like the naive shirts have finally sussed Nelson .... he's hopeless ...he's just one of that new laconic smooth generation of young footballer ... looks good but over 90 minutes is a liability. We've had a lot of them in the last couple of years.... you know the ones ... the ones that big clubs should have given us a million for. News of the week from Sparksy ... Bessie is now a policeman.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 6:46 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I made the most of the weather and planted garlic and beans in my Central Park allotment

This time of year?

Is Plymouth sub-tropical? Or is it as I fear, I know SFA about gardening?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 6:50 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
I made the most of the weather and planted garlic and beans in my Central Park allotment

This time of year?

I know nothing about gardening but what I do know is that just like my good self, you two ain't praaaaaper faaaaans !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

This time of year?

Garlic is always planted this time of year ... and Claudia broad beans over winter and come early in the Spring if you see what I mean.... along with many other Greens Laughing
We ain't continental germany here ... it's the climate wot made Britain great, not Colonel Blimp.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Bit of a kick in the grollies really,but Argyle's second half malaise continues-3 points surrendered in injury time in the last two games.I was very surprised to see the ball taken to the corner flag with 8 minutes to go,that may be a clue as to the mentality of the team at the moment,should have been trying to bury the game IMHO,something that appears to be beyond this group of players.There were some good perfomances.Feeney had his best game [by a country mile] in an Argyle shirt,quite impressed with the lad from Blackpool.Good to see Bhasera back,will he still be here come January? Cracking goal from Walton,the goal came after a period when he and Fletcher got to grips with the job and won the midfield battles.Morecambe's major threat throughout the game was Ellison,wouldn't mind seeing him at HP.Bottom line is another two points dropped at home,notwithstanding the fact that Argyle are,rather oddly,better off tonight than they were at 1500.13 goals in 17 games tells its own story,JV was 100% correct,new nblood is needed and fast.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm not going again until we have a proper team who can at least compete with poxy shit like Morcambe. Morcambe FFS!! Open your wallet brent or get out of my club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:21 pm

GS, I'm not quite sure if this dropping deep when in front is a new phenomena ... we continually did it under Sturrock in his first succesful spell. But then we had defenders and cover in midfield we could rely on to keep it tight. We just haven't enough good players. We needed four or five better players last year, and that was before we sold Noone, Mason, BWP etc.
Freathy is right. The guy has bought the club, but it's an absolutely pointless purchase for us fans if he intends to do a McCauley and just sit on it for years.
In football terms. a liquidated club could whip up through a couple of leagues far quicker, and with a far better spirit, than this present austerity business plan.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:27 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
GS, I'm not quite sure if this dropping deep when in front is a new phenomena ... we continually did it under Sturrock in his first succesful spell. But then we had defenders and cover in midfield we could rely on to keep it tight. We just haven't enough good players. We needed four or five better players last year, and that was before we sold Noone, Mason, BWP etc.
Freathy is right. The guy has bought the club, but it's an absolutely pointless purchase for us fans if he intends to do a McCauley and just sit on it for years.
In football terms. a liquidated club could whip up through a couple of leagues far quicker, and with a far better spirit, than this present austerity business plan.

Yeah.......but at least Newell and co., can feel important as the slide continues, even though history would tell us, they know f*ck all about footbal. Evil or Very Mad l
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Poor old John is really up against it with the Aviva boys.

What a moronic bunch they are.........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ps Has Newell brainwashed Postey ? He came across as a decent, thinking chap on here. Has reverted to type now.

Small minded parochials. The club is going nowhere with this bunch of self promoting, back slapping janners in control. They're cut from the same cloth as Stapleton ffs !

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Not sure if anyone on this thread went to the game today, but for a bit of balance, the performance today deserved a win - and against a team unbeaten away from home, who have now dropped two places to fifth.

We were 7 minutes from 3 points last week, against a team who are 3rd.

Don't get me wrong, I can whine and moan and drip and bitch like a professional, but I like to think I can see both sides.

Things are looking up fellas.

(Where's the flak jacket emoticon when u need it) affraid
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Not sure if anyone on this thread went to the game today, but for a bit of balance, the performance today deserved a win - and against a team unbeaten away from home, who have now dropped two places to fifth.

Don't get me wrong, I can whine and moan and drip and bitch like a professional, but I like to think I can see both sides.

I'm happy to accept your opinion mate. A week is a long time in football but from what I saw at Oxford, to be sure of avoiding the ultimate relegation, we need several experienced players and we need them sooner rather than later.
There are enough eternal optimists on the farm . Unfounded optimism is the curse of the 21st century IMO.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

No flak jacket needed,you have your opinion and are perfectly entitled to it-in fact i don't disagree that performances are better than they were early in the season.But did you honestly believe,at any time in the second half today,that Argyle were secure in holding a 1-0 lead? I'm darned if i was and i can't recollect many instances whereby Argyle looked like adding to it,which is a common happening with this team.If you look through relegation seasons of any club in football history,then they will be riddled with hard luck stories,improved perfomances and we wuz robbed scenarios.Bottom line is that no points are awarded for any of those and Argyle were not professional enough to either kill the game off or defend properly until the final whistle.As i've pointed out on the JV thread on PASOTI,worst scoring record and second worse defence in the division tell their own story,and until some new blood is introduced,the situation is not likely to improve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Tringreen wrote:

There are enough eternal optimists on the farm . Unfounded optimism is the curse of the 21st century IMO.

If only it were as conscious as optimism. That nonsense was what finally did for me on the farm ... who wants to spend their time arguing the toss with such stuff.
Of course, talking of the curse of 21st century optimism and bubbles, we have a new owner who, as head of Citibank's property bunch during the 'boom years', is more guilty than most with what has transpired and what is coming to a town near you soon, no matter where you live in the West. I wonder if Brent has a cowboy hat ? ... A sensible conservative businessman who knows what he's doing for the good of the community ? do me a favour, he's just a lucky boy who has ridden a wave with his connections and knew when to get off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Only the second time I have been able to go this season - though, like Mr Vaughn, I have read reports, watched highlights and listened to every kick on the radio. Maybe my standards are too low but I was surprised how well we made a go of it. Morecambe are unbeaten away. We should have beat them. We were unlucky to draw. And I know, it's not bad luck if we keep on doing it - especially throwing it away in the dying moments - but, whilst a good defence doesn't keep throwing away goals, neither can you judge an fairly good over-all performance on a moment's madness.

Very impressed with the debutant Bignot. Very impressed with Lecointe when he came on. I think we are only two or three good signings away from having a good squad. Totally deflated at the draw (I almost typed "defeat" as that was what it felt like) but lots of aspects of the performance were heartening.

I was also impressed with Chris Webb's farewell speech at the fanfest. He managed to thank all the appropriate people without it sounding either self-praising or sycophantic. He also managed to portray the future of The Trust as being inspired by union principles. Still not comfortable with his self-conscious speechifying but he seemed a good man in the flesh who went up in my estimation.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:00 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

If only it were as conscious as optimism. That nonsense was what finally did for me on the farm ... who wants to spend their time arguing the toss with such stuff.
Of course, talking of the curse of 21st century optimism and bubbles, we have a new owner who, as head of Citibank's property bunch during the 'boom years', is more guilty than most with what has transpired and what is coming to a town near you soon, no matter where you live in the West. I wonder if Brent has a cowboy hat ? ... A sensible conservative businessman who knows what he's doing for the good of the community ? do me a favour, he's just a lucky boy who has ridden a wave with his connections and knew when to get off.

lol!' How dare you say that about our saviour ! He's a fine gentleman. You really are a vile person Pirate ! lol! !

James Brent is one of us. He bleeds green. The club that wouldn't die ! '

Nauseatingly Aviva. Enjoy the ride..........................
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:08 pm

funny man wrote:
Only the second time I have been able to go this season - though, like Mr Vaughn, I have read reports, watched highlights and listened to every kick on the radio. Maybe my standards are too low but I was surprised how well we made a go of it. Morecambe are unbeaten away. We should have beat them. We were unlucky to draw. And I know, it's not bad luck if we keep on doing it - especially throwing it away in the dying moments - but, whilst a good defence doesn't keep throwing away goals, neither can you judge an fairly good over-all performance on a moment's madness.

Very impressed with the debutant Bignot. Very impressed with Lecointe when he came on. I think we are only two or three good signings away from having a good squad. Totally deflated at the draw (I almost typed "defeat" as that was what it felt like) but lots of aspects of the performance were heartening.

I was also impressed with Chris Webb's farewell speech at the fanfest. He managed to thank all the appropriate people without it sounding either self-praising or sycophantic. He also managed to portray the future of The Trust as being inspired by union principles. Still not comfortable with his self-conscious speechifying but he seemed a good man in the flesh who went up in my estimation.

Thanks for that.A second positive spin on the game.

But the sands of time are slipping away.Greenskin has seen it all for decades and is my trusted realist. Hope we don't leave it too late to bring in the necessary quality. We do have a coaching team of unproven ability and the longer this relegation form continues, the closer we get to the Conference.

I wonder who the Contingency boys will blame then ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No flak jacket needed,you have your opinion and are perfectly entitled to it-in fact i don't disagree that performances are better than they were early in the season.But did you honestly believe,at any time in the second half today,that Argyle were secure in holding a 1-0 lead? I'm darned if i was and i can't recollect many instances whereby Argyle looked like adding to it,which is a common happening with this team.If you look through relegation seasons of any club in football history,then they will be riddled with hard luck stories,improved perfomances and we wuz robbed scenarios.Bottom line is that no points are awarded for any of those and Argyle were not professional enough to either kill the game off or defend properly until the final whistle.As i've pointed out on the JV thread on PASOTI,worst scoring record and second worse defence in the division tell their own story,and until some new blood is introduced,the situation is not likely to improve.

To be honest, at the minute we'd need to be 4-0 up going into injury time for me to be confident of holding on!

But up to now, due to circumstances, this has been a rag and bone team. Cast-offs that nobody else wanted. Truly awful football by players who should never have had the honour of wearing the shirt, but they have, because of the way we were fucked over by Stapleton & Co.

I'm content to judge Brent on the calibre of recruits he gives the green light for, and in turn judge Fletcher on what they do on the pitch.

But they need to arrive fast...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:16 pm

funny man wrote:
He [Webby]also managed to portray the future of The Trust as being inspired by union principles.

That's a joke and a half !
He needs to get into the real world of what has actually happened with this particular Pasoti Trust, what with the unqualified acceptance of the staff settlement, IJN's view on the world politic and democratic ... and let's be honest here, we all know Wozzer's political motivation has always been unashamedly 'true blue' rather than grass root trade union. Get real Webby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:53 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
... Bessie is now a policeman.

Paul Gibbs who wrongly kept him from the first team now owns an employment agency in Norfolk and Paul Sturrock who out of necessity played him is now manager of Southend.

Meanwhile I switched on the radio and listened to a boring post match interview with Paul tisdale followed by the news that we had failed to beat morecambe and an even more boring interview with Fletcher. I tried counting the the number of times Fletcher said "y' know"

After a miserable experience last Saturday, today was much more positive. Was going to watch Bideford but decided to take the girls to see my granny in Torrington hospital.

Patiently waiting for Peter jones to sort this all out...

Last edited by peter_dout on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Absolutely robbed! Me, I mean - I was a few seconds away from getting a second correct forecast league prediction on the bounce...

From the above reports it sounds like Bignot was a decent signing. More of those next week, please.

BTW Bezzie's been a policeman for years. In Bristol, I seem to recall for some reason. (He was in my brother's year at DHS - does that count as a claim to fame?)
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:44 pm

I went today. I can't remember the last time I came away from HP not feeling depressed. There were, I suppose, some signs of improvement from the last time I went (the Aldershot game), but overall, we are still a poor side who couldn't hold on for a win against an run of the mill League 2 side, who were, quite frankly, awful for a team who were top three.

There was so much lacking all over the pitch, major surgery is needed, and quickly.

People are still wetting themselves over the fact the club has been 'saved' and are paying no attention to the fact that we may well end up as a non league team. Won't matter though - we'll still have a team to support.

It must be quite pleasant to have such a narrow minded, parochial attitude.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:22 am

Don't worry chaps, we should be happy that we can't hold on for a win, we were, afterall, playing third in the league!

Rolling Eyes

At the end of the day, no matter where they are in the league, they are Morecambe. I don't even know if it is Morecambe Town, Morecambe Utd, Morecambe Bumboys FC or what. I'm frankly embarrassed that we think of 3rd in League Two as some form of benchmark to be admired. I've had bigger shits than Morecambe. This cannot be what we aspire to.

Under Hodges and Fat Dan we accepted League Two as a temporary blip and always felt like it was just that, temporary. I remember a really shit Argyle side dishing Hull who were flying at the top of the league, it was a good feeling but not a major shock. It was just the norm.

Drawing at home to Stoke used to be a poor result.

Brent-cash. Goalscorer. Defender. Winger. Keeper. Fullbacks. Etc. NOW
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:42 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I went today. I can't remember the last time I came away from HP not feeling depressed. There were, I suppose, some signs of improvement from the last time I went (the Aldershot game), but overall, we are still a poor side who couldn't hold on for a win against an run of the mill League 2 side, who were, quite frankly, awful for a team who were top three.

There was so much lacking all over the pitch, major surgery is needed, and quickly.

People are still wetting themselves over the fact the club has been 'saved' and are paying no attention to the fact that we may well end up as a non league team. Won't matter though - we'll still have a team to support.

It must be quite pleasant to have such a narrow minded, parochial attitude.

Ain't that the truth !
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:42 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Don't worry chaps, we should be happy that we can't hold on for a win, we were, afterall, playing third in the league!

Rolling Eyes

At the end of the day, no matter where they are in the league, they are Morecambe. I don't even know if it is Morecambe Town, Morecambe Utd, Morecambe Bumboys FC or what. I'm frankly embarrassed that we think of 3rd in League Two as some form of benchmark to be admired. I've had bigger shits than Morecambe. This cannot be what we aspire to.

Under Hodges and Fat Dan we accepted League Two as a temporary blip and always felt like it was just that, temporary. I remember a really shit Argyle side dishing Hull who were flying at the top of the league, it was a good feeling but not a major shock. It was just the norm.

Drawing at home to Stoke used to be a poor result.

Brent-cash. Goalscorer. Defender. Winger. Keeper. Fullbacks. Etc. NOW

Ain't that the truth too !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:10 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Under Hodges and Fat Dan we accepted League Two as a temporary blip and always felt like it was just that, temporary.

I think this is also the present feeling afoot over in Toytown. The very mention of 7/28/100 day plans just shouts "We're going up this year ... we just have to win a few games"
I remember Burnley ... and Wolves for that matter .... poking about in this league for year after year. If it weren't for the lucky find of Steve Bull, Wolves would still be here now. Some people don't realise what it takes to get a winning momentum going. It isn't going to happen with a few internet buddies having the time of their lives introducing themselves over a pint and a pasty in a tent.
You're right of course Mock, the idea of sitting with anyone, let alone Sparksy, watching this dross waiting for the inevitable depression to descend is not something I'm desperately seeking in life. I know at some stage I'll be forced by family or friends to pop along to some game or other... it's inevitable as I'm such a friendly chap. jocolor But the the very thought of it fills me with a big nothingness.

I would have more belief in Brent if he didn't allow himself to be wheeled around by a bunch of goons like some Trophy girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the radio   Just back from the radio Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back from the radio
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next