crickeypafc
X Isle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:02 am

Cerbera wrote:
peter_dout wrote:
It also explains why names of players who we have no hope of signing are being dropped left right and centre.

Just my opinion though. afro

What players that we cannot sign are being dropped?

Do you mean that there are players out there that we cannot sign because they don't want to come to Plymouth (understandable) or free agents we cannot afford? Two very different things.

I'm a bit confused.

scratch

He means name dropping like Eastwood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 am

Ahhh!

That will teach me not to read a post properly.

Embarassed

Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:11 am

Cerbera wrote:
So, extra revenue for our club and you are all whinging?

Sorry, but have I stumbled into Pasoti by accident?

The deal is a fantastic one for Argyle. It is sorely needed revenue. As long as it is legitimate income, I have no problem with it at all. If Graham Dawe had approached Ridsdale for the same deal, I suppose the whingers would all be jumping for joy, but then moaning about the bomb craters in the pitch.

It works well at other higher football league clubs and there is no complaining about the state of the pitches, so why would it suddenly be a problem at HP? Also, if the Cornish Pirates want to play at the, let's face it, potentially excellent facilities we have then why not? To use a football analogy, Bristol City don't complain that Bristol Rovers also play in the same city do they? So why would Albion complain about Premiership Pirates playing in the city? It's a commercial market out there. Free market economy, competition is good.

I run a taxi company, I can't complain that other taxi companies work in the same area can I? I have to offer a better service and that is exactly what the complacency at the Brickfields has spawned. They've been caught napping. Compensation? Pah!

Why is it that when some people have a different point they have a need to stereotype, name call and slur the characters that they don't agree with?

Cerbera, yes a great deal for the club but a bum deal for Albion, for rugby and for Plymouth. Whilst I respect that you may not be rugby's biggest fan, most of us place our home City before our club, your agenda may well be different but that makes neither of us a whinger, it simply mean we have differing views.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 am

IF they get promoted....big IF... Home Park is the nearest ground to reach the league's requirements. Can't really see a big issue here. Albion fans surely won't swap clubs ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:32 am

Tringreen wrote:
IF they get promoted....big IF... Home Park is the nearest ground to reach the league's requirements. Can't really see a big issue here. Albion fans surely won't swap clubs ?

I agree with this, its a good deal, I'm afraid I'm not interested enough in Albion to have an opinion on them. If they get promoted (which I don't think they will) it would make sense.

HOWEVER, as Rupert pointed out yesterday, planning permission has finally been granted for the infamous 'stadium for Cornwall'. Whether its still Heaney driving this I don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 am

A promoted Pirates would attract the floating fans like me. I'm not an Albion supporter but I am a fan of rugby, if that means I watch a better standard of rugby then I may well be tempted to choose the Pirates over Albion. I would guess I attend about 3 or 4 Albion matches a season and I imagine there's quite a few like me, so that could possibly mean damage to an already hard up Albion and damage the future progress of Albion and any ambition to reach the Premier and subsequently damaging the sporting achievements of Plymouth.

Of course we can all choose, but Argyle have just made that choice a lot easier and life a little harder for Albion. I think this move by the club could well push the club even further from an already distant Plymouth population.

It's not even a good move for the Pirates but I guess there's little choice for them, they've put the egg before the chicken.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:45 am

[quote="peter_dout"]
Tringreen wrote:
HOWEVER, as Rupert pointed out yesterday, planning permission has finally been granted for the infamous 'stadium for Cornwall'. Whether its still Heaney driving this I don't know.

Now this could be interesting if it is the "penniless" Heaney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

GOB, no name calling. No stereo-typing.

Pasoti was always full of whingers, it was meant to be a light hearted comment. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, it's difficult to get the 'tone' right from behind a keyboard.

Personally, I would put Argyle above all else. If the egg chasers want to share the ground, I have no problem with it. Hell, I'd have no problem if Exeter City wanted to groundshare. It's all revenue that we need.

I cannot see the problem myself, sure the Brickfields will lose a few attendees if and it's a big if the Pirates are promoted, would want to maximise their gates so would try and avoid fixtures that clash with Albion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:50 am

I think you just wooshed me Cerbera clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:06 pm

GOB wrote:

Of course we can all choose, but Argyle have just made that choice a lot easier and life a little harder for Albion. I think this move by the club could well push the club even further from an already distant Plymouth population.

It's not even a good move for the Pirates but I guess there's little choice for them, they've put the egg before the chicken.

Disagree with this. How can it further alienate the population of Plymouth? How many go to a home match at the Brickfields?

It's potentially bringing Premiership Rugby to the city, that has to be good for the city and Argyle in particular. What it has done is perhaps marginalised Plymouth Albion, which is not Argyle's fault or the pirates come to that. I cannot honestly see a load of letters from 'Outraged of Peverell' in the Herald demanding the Pirates retreat over the bridge. I think the average Plymouthian could care less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:20 pm

This could be the making of Albion. If the Pirates attract 7,000+ to games at HP then maybe someone at Albion will realise that with a bit of investment on the playing side they can easily survive in the Premiership.

They also need to realise that they will have to sack Graham Dawe. Despite being a wonderful servant to Albion he has taken them as far as he can. And he will never ever quit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 pm

[quote="GOB"]
peter_dout wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Now this could be interesting if it is the "penniless" Heaney.

Apparently not, its this crowd.

Inox Group Exeter

Planning permission approved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:11 pm

The latest in the saga
Latest nonsense

Yet another example of the Ridsdale machaevelian bullshit unravelling. No way was the Stadium for Cornwall going to be ready by halfway through next season.

Sliding agendas and games ?? !! .....you bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
The latest in the saga
Latest nonsense

Yet another example of the Ridsdale machaevelian bullshit unravelling. No way was the Stadium for Cornwall going to be ready by halfway through next season.

Sliding agendas and games ?? !! .....you bet.

Pirates i don't think will be promoted this season bristol and bedford are too strong it will be between those two who goes up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Probably Phenom, but it's the wider bullshit that interests me. If the Pirates owner thought he could swing a move to Plymouth with or without the Premiership, and take the club's fans with him, he'd jump at it. These people haven't a clue. He's Cornwall's own NWO. Oh how he'd love to finally build those houses at the Mennaye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:28 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Probably Phenom, but it's the wider bullshit that interests me. If the Pirates owner thought he could swing a move to Plymouth with or without the Premiership, and take the club's fans with him, he'd jump at it. These people haven't a clue. It's Cornwall's own NWO.

I cant see the rfu allowing them to relocate to Plymouth full time PP if they did it would have a massive impact on Albion who have enough troubles at the moment without the pirates moving in on their patch taking some of their fans away.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:32 pm

I can't see that Stadium for Cornwall moving on anytime soon- especially with that winker Heaney involved. I see he's waiting for an investor to sign up at the end of next week- where have we heard that before Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Phenom wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Probably Phenom, but it's the wider bullshit that interests me. If the Pirates owner thought he could swing a move to Plymouth with or without the Premiership, and take the club's fans with him, he'd jump at it. These people haven't a clue. It's Cornwall's own NWO.

I cant see the rfu allowing them to relocate to Plymouth full time PP if they did it would have a massive impact on Albion who have enough troubles at the moment without the pirates moving in on their patch taking some of their fans away.

Oh he's got no chance of it happening, I agree ... but it won't stop him trying. Continually trying to push open the doors that they have been told so many times are SHUT. Allways on the make, looking for an opening, a change in policy where they can clean up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:51 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Phenom wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Oh he's got no chance of it happening, I agree ... but it won't stop him trying. Continually trying to push open the doors that they have been told so many times are SHUT. Allways on the make, looking for an opening, a change in policy where they can clean up.

having review what i wrote given how the rfu is run these days i wouldn't put it pass them now. How many times have the pirates moved in recent years why not build the stadium in one of those towns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha aha Laughing Laughing
The move to Home Park, subject to promotion, is off cheers
They've all been found out ...as thought, it was after all just a ruse to try and bounce a Council or two... yet another bullshit makeup of Heaney/Ridsdale.

After Heaney's revelations recently and Truro's predicament, the Pirates have had enough of this bullshit, they're staying in Penzance and a few folk might be given their marching orders .... excellent.
Looks like the Avivas will have to think of something else to get the income rolling in. I know, how about a Rugby League club . lol!

Everything comes to those that wait. A happy bunny tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:14 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
They've all been found out ...as thought, it was after all just a ruse to try and bounce a Council or two... yet another bullshit makeup of Heaney/Ridsdale.

After Heaney's revelations recently and Truro's predicament, the Pirates have had enough of this bullshit, they're staying in Penzance and a few folk might be given their marching orders .... excellent.
Looks like the Avivas will have to think of something else to get the income rolling in. I know, how about a Rugby League club . lol!

We got a rugby league team Very Happy Plymouth Titans cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 am

penzancepirate wrote:

Until they build the new 'Stadium for Cornwall' at Threemilestone, which apparently IS happening.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 am

crickeypafc wrote:
Good idea can see top flight rugby in plymouth

Does not mean i have to support the pirates as i will support everyone playing against them apart from the chiefs

Now that's just plain mean spirited.

The Pirates are a franchised mob with no real history, there is no chance at all of them making the jump up into the big boys league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted    Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cornish Pirates to groundshare HP if promoted
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2