Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 10:48

Has been rumoured on pasoti that we are looking to loan (and then permanently sign) Darren Purse. His loan at Yeovil expires today and the herald have run a story-

PLYMOUTH Argyle are making a renewed attempt to complete the signing of experienced Millwall centre-back Darren Purse.

The 34-year-old has been on a one-month loan to League One strugglers Yeovil Town.

.But that period ended after Yeovil's 2-2 draw at home to Exeter City on Saturday, when he made his fifth appearance for them.

And now Argyle, five points adrift at the bottom of League Two, are ready to step in.

Herald Sport understands the Pilgrims want to sign Purse on loan until January, and then complete a permanent move for him on an 18-month contract until the end of the 2012/13 season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Could be a decent signing- leadership, experience, big, dangerous in the opoosing box and might be the new 'coughlan' (although a bit older). I thought he looked pretty decent for Millwall against us in the League Cup.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:15

Looking at Yeovil's Ciderspace, it says that he was impressive in each of his 5 games.-

League Two side Plymouth Argyle are aiming to sign up Millwall centre-back Darren Purse, according to the West Country press. The 34 year old played the final game of his one month loan deal at Huish Park on Saturday, and has put in five highly impressive performances since arriving as cover for Paul Huntington whilst he was out of the squad with a broken finger.

Huntington has now returned, but manager Terry Skiverton has stated that he is keen to extend the deal for a player who has brought great leadership to the Glovers back line, but is now in competition with the Pilgrims, according to this morning's Plymouth Herald. There had been rumours on the Argyle message boards last week that this was on the cards, but this is the first case of a paper putting those claims in print.

Whilst it may appear odd for a player dominant at League One level to consider playing for a club at the foot of League Two, the Herald indicate that the carrot on the table is for Purse to be taken on permanently during the January transfer window, with Plymouth having tabled a financial offer that would see him stay at Home Park until the summer of 2013.

The report suggests that this deal had been on the table at the start of October, but that due to Plymouth at that time being in administration, the Football League had blocked the registration papers. With the move on hold, Purse instead moved to South Somerset on a one month deal. The Pilgrims came out of administration on the last day of October, having spent 241 days struggling to sort out their future. They have been bought by local businessman James Brent, whilst Plymouth City Council have re-purchased their Home Park ground.

With Purse's current deal at Huish Park having now ended, we should hear shortly which club he will be turning out for, and certainly decisions will need to be made by the end of this week.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:34

Would be pleased if this one comes to fruition. We desperately need leaders on the park.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 14:37

A true blood and snotter tis the requirement. Will be pleased with this one if it comes off.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 17:47

Purse has gone back to Millwall who have signed a CB on loan from Villa today Question
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 19:07

Chemical Ali wrote:
Purse has gone back to Millwall who have signed a CB on loan from Villa today Question

Sounds like Purse is in the bag.
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 21:58

I can't really remember anything about Darren Purse. He sounds a bit like a leader, a Wotton, but then he could be a Duguid.

All I know is the club cannot afford to lose this signing. After all the press, and the club actually going out on an unheard of limb to actually comit themselves to actually paying someone for 18 months, any rebuff would be a disaster for the club and it's standing within the football village. So, surely, this signing will happen ... not may 34year olds get the chance to be contracted until they are 36, and I'm sure no one else is offering those terms.
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 22:51

penzancepirate wrote:
I can't really remember anything about Darren Purse. He sounds a bit like a leader, a Wotton, but then he could be a Duguid.

All I know is the club cannot afford to lose this signing. After all the press, and the club actually going out on an unheard of limb to actually comit themselves to actually paying someone for 18 months, any rebuff would be a disaster for the club and it's standing within the football village. So, surely, this signing will happen ... not may 34year olds get the chance to be contracted until they are 36, and I'm sure no one else is offering those terms.

I agree PP.. Cue the "Location" excuse if this one does not happen.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 00:23

London boy,why come to the south west.Brentford,Orient,AFCwim,Swindle,Oxford,B rovers,Colechester,Gillingham,Southend,Luton,Chelts.Just cant see it myself.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 07:27

downthetrack wrote:
London boy,why come to the south west.Brentford,Orient,AFCwim,Swindle,Oxford,B rovers,Colechester,Gillingham,Southend,Luton,Chelts.Just cant see it myself.

By your logic,no London bhey would ever have come to Home Park in Argyle's history.Plenty have though.Geographically speaking,why would he have moved to Cardiff or Yeovil, neither of which the last time i heard,were within the sound of Bow Bells, if he was that stuck on staying in the London area? Not saying that this transfer will definitely go ahead but if it doesn't,it won't simply be a matter of geography.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 08:15

Greenskin wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

By your logic,no London bhey would ever have come to Home Park in Argyle's history.Plenty have though.Geographically speaking,why would he have moved to Cardiff or Yeovil, neither of which the last time i heard,were within the sound of Bow Bells, if he was that stuck on staying in the London area? Not saying that this transfer will definitely go ahead but if it doesn't,it won't simply be a matter of geography.

But it will be used to suit.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 08:40

35 in Feb.While at Cardiff and Sheff Wed.Probably on a few of ££££££££,What can Argyle afford to pay? Don't think Brent will go down the big wages route.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 08:58

downthetrack wrote:
35 in Feb.While at Cardiff and Sheff Wed.Probably on a few of ££££££££,What can Argyle afford to pay? Don't think Brent will go down the big wages route.

Well,does he actually command big wages now,being 34 and unable to get in a CCC team? Rupert seems fairly sure that this is going to take place and he doesn't normally commit himself unless he's certain about things,so maybe something is happening.Perhaps the Cardiff/Ridsdale connection is coming into place.I seem to remember that Purse twittered something about being disappointed not to be joining PAFC a while back after the transfer embargo kicked in.We shall see.Purse would undoubtedly be an asset at both ends of the pitch-one often overlooked problem of Argyle's is that they never look remotely threatening from corners or free kicks,a bit of aerial power would change that.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 09:10

Still want 2k plus a week i would think.
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 09:17

This would be a fantastic signing, if and it's a big if he comes.

Stability, experience, just what we need. He can't command big wages, he's too old for big wages.

Fingers, and everything else crossed, but I'm not holding my breath 'cos I'll go blue!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 09:30

On Vital Posty says he's signing today and watching the game ce soir.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 09:30

To old for big wages? Cureton left us for Orient on 2.5 k a week,hes 36
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 09:45

downthetrack wrote:

[Paxman] Yeeeeaaaaassss, [/Paxman] but how much was he really worth? And there are clauses as to how much he plays. He would have stayed at Exeter if they had got their fingers out and stumped up the wonga. By the time they'd decided they wanted him, he'd gone.
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 11:32

downthetrack wrote:

Strikers of his ilk in the lower leagues will always come at a premium with regards to wages.
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 17:19

If you pop over to Pasoti you will see some very good news ....
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 17:24

Just seen the news on twitter. Nice. Welcome aboard, Mr Purse.
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 17:46

Happy with this signing, Purse can now replace that clown Curtis Nelson
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 17:46

Kind of confirmed by the official site (but not 100% yet). He's at the game tonight as a guest with a view to signing tomorrow- he'll be signed as an Emergency Loan, which isn't the loan with a view to a permanent signing deal which the Herald hinted yesterday (I think)-

Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 17:56

Chemical Ali wrote:
Kind of confirmed by the official site (but not 100% yet). He's at the game tonight as a guest with a view to signing tomorrow- he'll be signed as an Emergency Loan, which isn't the loan with a view to a permanent signing deal which the Herald hinted yesterday (I think)-

Maybe the emergency thing is some way to get around the 5 loans a season thing.
Like I said, I really don't know much about Purse, but as Punchy has said, many have now found out how poor Curtis Nelson is, and this signing must be good news. We haven't had a decent centre back since Timar and Seip hit it off, and even Joffers wasn't too bad.. Reda excited for a while with his charging forrays forward but then showed showed his weaknesses, and Arnason was never what he should have been. It's been awful, but then all the latest CBs have had to cope with ol' tired legs Fletcher in front of them... not easy for a CB being exposed to pace head on with no cover.
Back to top Go down

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 18:31

Great news and a cunning Ridsdale-esque plan bringing him in on an emergency loan deal.

Strong whispers of another striker on the way too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darren Purse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren Purse   Darren Purse Empty

Back to top Go down

Darren Purse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next