Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... Empty
PostSubject: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's one more position filled (probably).

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 am

Interesting snippet about Fletcher going into the smallest detail, purse was always going to stay I reckon, and getting praised by a really experienced pro.

I haven't seen any of our other players praise Fletcher, other than his passion for the club, so that's encouraging. Darren Purse must have played under a good few managers in his time so putting some details about why Fletcher is doing a good job gives me more hope that he could be our long term manager. Just a bit more attacking intent now please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 am

Good news in my opinion, I met Purse and he doesn't look like a player at the end of his career, he looks like he is made of sprung steel, having players like him in the squad will surely help to lure other decent players down here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:41 pm

I have yet to see 'em this season but Mr. Purse sounds a "real defender". Edit - and looks the part.
Not sure about Walton, 'cos you hear different stories about him- good/bad/indifferent/lazy the list goes on (and on).

We do need a goalscorer though, afraid 1-0 and hanging on won't cut it next year against the might of Fleetwood and a.n. other who will certainly try to set the League on fire (a la Blackpool on their promotion). What a Face affraid Macdonald would be a great asset IMO.

We'll see what the close season brings.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I think Walton had good things to say about Fletcher's managerial skills in an interview greenjock so that is 2 and if I remember rightly Wotton was complimentary somewhere along the line. I understand peoples reservations about Fletcher as he is young and this is his first tilt at the job. Having said that I also think some people are a bit unfair about him as well. He had a bloody hard job to take on and he succeeded It matters not how he did it as the doing was much more important this season than the method. He has proved a lot of people wrong who said that with him we were doomed to failure when he took over. He may not sound good in interviews but I would much rather he be successful on the pitch and with results than at giving interviews. Purse staying was probably a no brainer anyway so no particular credit to Fletcher if he does. It is good news he will be staying anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 pm

All we need now is Izzy MaCleod up front,and thats the spine sorted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:02 pm

I'd rather have his namesake Dizzy O'Camel in my spine................ Shocked
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Have to say I have enjoyed watching Purse over the season, at 35 he looks fit, confident and effective, he seems to be motivated and a motivator - very much like to see him as captain for next season. A bit of a rarity these days a real pro - thanks Darren.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I think Walton had good things to say about Fletcher's managerial skills in an interview greenjock so that is 2 and if I remember rightly Wotton was complimentary somewhere along the line. I understand peoples reservations about Fletcher as he is young and this is his first tilt at the job. Having said that I also think some people are a bit unfair about him as well. He had a bloody hard job to take on and he succeeded It matters not how he did it as the doing was much more important this season than the method. He has proved a lot of people wrong who said that with him we were doomed to failure when he took over. He may not sound good in interviews but I would much rather he be successful on the pitch and with results than at giving interviews. Purse staying was probably a no brainer anyway so no particular credit to Fletcher if he does. It is good news he will be staying anyway.

I know that there have been a couple of players praising Fletcher in general, but what Purse is saying suggests that there is more to him than the chest-thumping, let's do it for the fans type manager I had pictured.

Purse has been particularly impressed by the attention to detail of Fletcher, who is the second youngest manager in the Football League at the age of 32.

"He goes into the smallest little things, and I think that's why we are in the position we are now," said Purse.

This is why I feel a little more confident about him, even if Walton has signed on for another year!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Interesting comments about "strengthening in every department" and emphasising the role that James Brent must play in achieving that objective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Greenskin..I think he is saying that James Brent must put his hand in his pocket rather than relying on solely gate income to finance the club.Its a question that I will put to James Brent next wednesday and I will quote Purse's comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I was one of the doubters and still am to a large extent. Brent took a massive gamble by hiring Fletch over an experienced manager and I know that it paid off, if it hadn't the consequences would have been far reaching for years to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....   FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE.... Empty

Back to top Go down

FUTURE FOR DARREN PURSE....
Page 1 of 1