Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend

Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
Tringreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Just over a decade has passed since Paul Sturrock's Argyle team ran away with the Third Division Championship with a record points total.

Now comes a chance for all Argyle fans to reminisce about those wonderful days with a weekend of reunion events later this month.

Saturday 28th September will see a reunion dinner take place at the Eliot House Hotel in Liskeard, with a player from the promotion-winning squad at every table - seats are now available now at £50 per person.

Players and staff attending will include Paul Sturrock, Romain Larrieu, Michael Evans, David Worrell, Ian Stonebridge, Brian McGlinchey, Paul Wotton, Graham Coughlan, Steve Adams, Joe Broad and Kevin Wills, with others to be confirmed.

The £50 cost will cover a three course meal, pre- and post-dinner entertainment, speakers and the company of one of those Championship-winning players - priceless!

Sunday 29th September will see a match between the 01-02 Argyle team and a Liskeard FC team, with a kick off time of 2pm, tickets at £8 and £2 for concessions.

Opportunities to wallow in nostalgia like this don't come along very often. Book your tickets now - don't miss out!

To reserve your seat at the dinner, call Paul on 07730 529474 or send him an email at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More details here:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by John_Lloyd on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Wallow in nostalgia ? More like, be reminded of what could have been if the club's best opportunity to reach for the stars hadn't been denied by outclassed wannabes in the boardroom.

Even I didn't think it would get as bad as it is right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:18 pm

I wish I could make that. Some of the best memories as an Argyle suppporter for me Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:50 am

If Friio is involved i'll go for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 2:14 am

Should be a good Evening as long as it does not become hijacked by the usual FES/FIL sponsored madness and the self promoting clique of Twits that run with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 2:45 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Should be a good Evening as long as it does not become hijacked by the usual FES/FIL sponsored madness and the self promoting clique of Twits that run with it.
Punchy thats a good point and is bound to happen becasue even charity and good causes as we have seen isnt safe from the shameless promoting of a loan companies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 am

Time to move on - as for £50? Nah!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 4:48 am

The thought of possibly being at a table with Newell and his entourage isn't too palatable.

That aside, is Luggy doing it to raise more funds for Liskeard? Good on him if so...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:08 am

I've now completely erased Luggy's second spell from my memory so it's all good again. But re-living something that we can never again have i.e. a 21,000 crowd at HP watching us lift the L2 trophy? Not for me.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 am

Freathy wrote:
I've now completely erased Luggy's second spell from my memory so it's all good again.  But re-living something that we can never again have i.e. a 21,000 crowd at HP watching us lift the L2 trophy?  Not for me.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or the league one trophy again and witness classic moments like the QPR game again.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:46 am

Bandwagon wrote:
It's not so much the £50 - which after all is going to a good cause, a REAL struggling football club - as the cost of the bodyguards. And the deluxe formal sou'wester.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:46 am

Bandwagon wrote:
£50...how many can afford to spend that, per person for a night out.No thanks Luggy/John Lloyd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:57 am

greensleeves wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
£50...how many can afford to spend that, per person for a night out.No thanks Luggy/John Lloyd.
I'll have a wild guess and say that the 3 course meal won't include lasagne.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:00 am

greensleeves wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Same sort of people who can afford to pay a grand for 23 trips to the business lounge, I guess...
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:07 am

or Luggy could just donate some money himself..save all the hassle....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:12 am

greensleeves wrote:
or Luggy could just donate some money himself..save all the hassle....
Well he could do, just like you could smack your own head against the wall, throw beer all over yourself, shit on a paper plate and then queue up for 5 minutes before eating it and not bother going to the corporate lounge every home game.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Can we raise enough to get at least one ATDer there? Greenjock is my choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:37 pm

I reckon we should send Freathy.........he'll have them in stitches with his after dinner stand-up routine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:37 pm

It's not clear at all what the evening is raising money for. If it's to break even, it'll be some meal...!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 pm

From the official site - "All profits from the weekend will be donated to Liskeard Athletic" Not sure what they're doing with the money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Ah, Ok, thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:05 am

Chingers wrote:
Can we raise enough to get at least one ATDer there?  Greenjock is my choice.
I'm on the table with Brent, Newell, Webb and Dogbreath. All paid for by Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I expect Greensleeves is going to plead poverty again and get his ticket donated then whizz off to the Porsche dealership to get his new model*

*Don't worry Al I'm only joking. It's a Ferrari you're getting I know*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Tickets for seats at the evening dinner at the Eliot House Hotel on Saturday 28th September are going fast - so if you don't want to miss out on an unforgettable night of Championship-class nostalgia, book in with Luggy as soon as you can.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 pm

A reminder that it's just a couple of days now until the "Champions Reunited" weekend!

Saturday 28th September will see a reunion dinner take place at the Eliot House Hotel in Liskeard, with a player from the promotion-winning squad at every table - seats are still available now at £50 per person.

Players and staff attending will include Paul Sturrock, Romain Larrieu, Michael Evans, David Worrell, Ian Stonebridge, Brian McGlinchey, Paul Wotton, Graham Coughlan, Steve Adams and Kevin Wills, with others to be confirmed.

The £50 cost will cover a three course meal, pre- and post-dinner entertainment, speakers and the company of one of those Championship-winning players - priceless!

Sunday 29th September will see a match between the 01-02 Argyle team and a Liskeard FC team, with a kick off time of 2pm, tickets at £8 and £2 for concessions.

If you can't afford the dinner, you can always come to the match instead!

Opportunities to wallow in nostalgia like this don't come along very often. Book your tickets now - don't miss out!

To reserve your seat at the dinner, call Paul on 07730 529474 or send him an email at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Can't think of anything more distressing to attend in these devious days.

Revelling in missed opportunities, whilst Argyle burns. No 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend   Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Luggy and the 01-02 Championship Team Reunion Weekend
Page 1 of 1