Chemical Ali
Rickler
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
X Isle

X Isle

President's Pardon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 am

I don't know enough about the minute details of blame that the books are uncovering. If anyone wants to pay their money at the turnstiles like everyone else and stand shoulder to shoulder with the Argyle masses then I don't see why their lives should be made a misery by grudges. But a seat in the directors box?, not sure about that at all, especially if it's a precursor to a future directorship.

What see as particularly odd are the reasons for him being cut some slack over the others and makes him eligible for a free ticket and a free lunch.......

a) he's a fan
b) he was loyal to the wrong people
c) he lost some money

We're ALL fans, we were all loyal to the wrong people (just about everyone at Argyle for the last three years) and we've lost money watching shit, buying shit, taking shit.............do we get a free ticket and a free lunch?.

Amongst all the creditors will be fans, they were loyal to the wrong people (everyone at Argyle for the last three years) and they lost a lot of money............do they get a free ticket and a free lunch?.

The sacked/released staff will be fans, they were loyal to the wrong people before they were given the elbow and they lost a lot of money............do they get a free ticket and a free lunch?.

I don't share the negative standpoint on here sometimes about Chris but I am on watch 24/7 for the 'some are more equal than others' mindset and I feel maybe the extension of arms towards TW for a warm hug is maybe a reach too far and certainly one for the wrong reasons. If he lost money that doesn't make him a victim, it serves him right for being loyal to the wrong people and serves as a warning that sitting quietly and saying nothing while your club is being burgled will hurt you in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 am

Just perused that thread. Dear me. Once again the few dissenters and questioners are either dismissed as snipers firing cheap shots or the cry goes up 'What did you do in the War, Daddy?"

Another spectacular own goal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:45 am

Surely ANY of the former directors have to pass 'fit and proper person' from the FA?

None of them would - would they? If they do, then it's a bigger inside job than it looked to be to start with.

Ridsdale and Brent get Webby and IJN and the Trust on their side - keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer and all that. Webby and IJN are going to end up looking right plums after they realise they've just be used by the big boys to further their own gains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:34 am

It seems Chris was asked to test the water for Wrathall's safety. I'm not sure that would ever have been at risk. He may get an uncomfortable ride but, on the whole, I'd guess even that would be muted. It was also stated that he wouldn't be seated in the director's box. I know nothing about the man - I was too far out of the political loop to be properly informed. There are claims that he is "a good bloke" who made mistakes. Hey ho, that goes for all of us. Few of us mess a football club up along the way. I'd rather wait until a proper investigation is complete and published before making judgements. Until then, I'd have thought it sensitive to stay away from Home Park.

I was struck that many of the dissenting voices from Chris's proposal are made up of people who wouldn't usually get lumped in as trouble-makers. That speaks volumes.

In a way I feel sorry for Chris. He claims to speak simply as a fan but, in reality, once accepting the role of President, that is something he cannot be. If he really had instinctive doubts about accepting the role in the first place, he should have gone with his instincts. I don't go with the description of him as some Machiavellian character or some puppet being manipulated by Brent (or worse......). He has got himself into unknown territory and is having to learn painfully along the way. But, he is a big boy and has made his decision so now has to reap what he has sown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:31 pm

funny man wrote:
It seems Chris was asked to test the water for Wrathall's safety. I'm not sure that would ever have been at risk. He may get an uncomfortable ride but, on the whole, I'd guess even that would be muted. It was also stated that he wouldn't be seated in the director's box. I know nothing about the man - I was too far out of the political loop to be properly informed. There are claims that he is "a good bloke" who made mistakes. Hey ho, that goes for all of us. Few of us mess a football club up along the way. I'd rather wait until a proper investigation is complete and published before making judgements. Until then, I'd have thought it sensitive to stay away from Home Park.

I was struck that many of the dissenting voices from Chris's proposal are made up of people who wouldn't usually get lumped in as trouble-makers. That speaks volumes.

In a way I feel sorry for Chris. He claims to speak simply as a fan but, in reality, once accepting the role of President, that is something he cannot be. If he really had instinctive doubts about accepting the role in the first place, he should have gone with his instincts. I don't go with the description of him as some Machiavellian character or some puppet being manipulated by Brent (or worse......). He has got himself into unknown territory and is having to learn painfully along the way. But, he is a big boy and has made his decision so now has to reap what he has sown.

i feel you have hit the nail on the head. I gather the club want to see the fans reaction to knowing he is at the game now rather then let it happen and find a few will be hostile towards him in verbal and/or physical abuse.

personally i dont see him having any probs bar a few cross words from one or two fans nothing that would prevent him attending now or in future. If this was Stapleton or Todd (not that todd was ever a fan) attending there would be an uproar.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:27 pm

It seems that as a good 75% of pasoti posters are against this the thread has been relegated to Terraces 'to cool tempers'. The post seems like an 'own goal' from the President, because after the euphoria ( Laughing ) of the quality signings, there is now a mass of infighting. Chris Webb seems to call everyone who deosn't agree with him a troll and questions that he cannot answer, he responds with "I and a couple of others fought to save the club where were you?".

Some posters even see the deviousness in Chris' opening post where he makes out its something he's pondered (but later in the thread it transpires that the wheels were already in motion [TW had spoken to GT's/IJN] before his opening post).

I was in Cornwall yesterday and spoke to some non internet and pasoti browsing Argyle fans- they were livid that this could even be considered. The M7 were (arguably) rightly tarred as scumbags, how can the two main protagonists ('unleash the odgs of war") now want a complete u-turn?

I wonder if an Anti-Wrathall protest thread would be allowed on pasoti (the INDEPENDENT Argyle site Laughing ) - I can guess the answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Same old, same old on Pasoti then.

They really haven't a clue have they?

Can Webby and his dribbling sidekick IJN not realise that they are being played like fiddles by Ridsdale and Brent?

Can they also not see just how isolated they are going to be when the wheels come off their jamboree wagon? The members of Pasoti will turn on them as sure as eggs are eggs. They will have no credibility left at HP after Ridsdale disappears off up the A38 and Brent won't want to know. They will be unable to return with any 'face' to the terraces.

Got to admire their blinkered blind faith though. Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:35 pm

As has been pointed out, most people wouldn't know who Tony Wrathall was if he sat next to them. If he has indeed already been to a couple of matches, that just proves it. What this does, though, is to bring it all out in the open, while the people who'll be most hurt are the staff - responsibility for what went on is collectively that of the old board, legally and morally.

Chris Webb cannot keep claiming he posted the thread as an ordinary fan. Ordinary fans (or most of us, anyway) don't have a spare seat to offer - and nobody else has a President's pass as well as a season ticket.

Also, though, people always see other people according the role they play. Somebody on pasoti pointed out that Prince Charles is still Prince Charles, whether he's on an official engagement or simply down the pub. Years down the road, I'm still viewed as Ms anti-racism - look at all the allegations that I was a one-trick pony as a mod. (Yes, of course, I'm still anti-racism, but you get my drift.) Like it or not, now he's president, Chris has to accept that most people will not view him as an ordinary fan.

Finally, and like Funny Man, I note that a lot of the dissenting voices on pasoti are not coming from 'the usual suspects': perhaps this could herald a sea-change in the attitude to different views?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Quite right Peggy, it's wrong to hide behind a programme of convenience as Webb seems to be doing when picking and choosing whatever fits his criteria of the moment.

I see the Pasoti thread has been moved to the Terraces so that any dissenters become fair game for abuse and insults (IJN’s words) and when questioned as to why, IJN’s response was “Because a Site Moderator decided it was better to go on a forum where it was deemed more appropriate”. Has he got a death wish for Pasoti, or what, because he seems to be doing everything in his power to turn Pasoti members away and create a new PAFC Official Site.

People may not agree with everything that is commented on by users of this site, but at least they have the freedom of expression without oppression and without wannabee power managers and plastic presidents!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:54 pm

As far as I can see, at least half of the insults and abuse are coming from IJN. No surprise there then. A pity as most of the rest of the thread was relatively mild and reasonably discussed.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Do you think its been moved onto Terraces to hide the behaviour of the fans' representatives from 'avid' pasoti fan, James Brent? pig jocolor
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:57 pm

funny man wrote:
As far as I can see, at least half of the insults and abuse are coming from IJN. No surprise there then. A pity as most of the rest of the thread was relatively mild and reasonably discussed.

It was, and it just shows a marked lack of intelligence that insults are hurled against a reasoned argument - twas ever thus on there, particularly where IJN is concerned.

The Wrathall thread together with the 'Feedback' thread, show that he is seriously misjudging the mood of the fans, and the way he reacts to anyone who has an alternate view to his, does him no favours.

It seems that he wanted feedback but only that which showed him in a good light.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Fan Webb never wanted feedback.

He wanted approval.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:17 am

The new avatar and President badge are very discreet, not sure if blue is his colour though Ian Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:16 pm

i cant wait for his next post elephant
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Local ex-directors = probably OK blokes

Non-local ex-directors = property developing theiving unscrupulous sods.

I want an investigation to see what happened and WHO was to blame.

Re: Chris Webb. I'm not having a go at him, but I perhaps think he is more suited to being a campaigning fan than an Argyle representative. Can't help feeling that eventually he will end up clashing with the authorities of PAFC. Perhaps better that he stands for election to lead one of the new supporters groups or something ? Not my business really, just my own observations. Never met the fella personally but he sounds alright.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 76)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President's Pardon   President's Pardon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

President's Pardon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2