Greenskin
pepsipete
Mock Cuncher
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:29 am

As we know, due to popular demand, the swear checker was temporarily altered at the height of the Administration process to allow fans to post their feelings properly. Thousands of posts later, we've seen next to no profanities..... certainly nothing like a visit to Home Park .... obviously we are not the foul mouthed scum people say we are.

However, history has shown, that spats between here and accross the road are usually followed by certain people invading this site with very bad language. Frank and I have had a chat and in view of the possibility of an invasion, the swear checker has been into the garage and MOT'd and put back onto the road.
What do you think Pete, GS, Tringy ? .... or anyone else for that matter. We are here to serve the wishes of the users.
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:40 am

Just a quick note to back up what PP is proposing. We may be doing our friends on Pasoti a disservice but there is history of this sort of thing, whether its new accounts being registered or sleeper accounts suddenly waking up.

We are all adults and we have all probably heard swear words at football matches or in real life. We may have even read them in newspapers or books (or heard them on the TV). I want to put the swear checker back as a precaution whilst we are going through these silly times.

Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:01 pm

I think we should assume that similar actions will be taken by one or two Pasoti Mods as they did just prior to closing our last site, we should expect to receive posters posting foul language and severe personal attacks. It may not happen, but if it does at least the site is prepared.

I also think it maybe a good time for a factual account of why this site exist and the reasons for its existence. There's a lot of interest at the moment and this is a chance to let people know the true behind the slurs and innuendo?

Last edited by GOB on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Nah. Keep this a swearing zone. Don't let their actions dictate what we want to do. As you say, we don't have a swearing culture or issue at all. If anything I swear less because of the lack of filters.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:58 pm

I like the values behind what you're saying Mock but Ian/Napoleon/SteveMoyatt/IJN/ etc etc. doesn't share those values as we've already seen, if he can get away with it I am concerned that he'll do the same things and attempt to close this site down using the same tactics, just like the last time.

How about the swear checker is left off but in preparation for it to be turned on at short notice? It'll leave the site vulnerable at times but will be the best of both worlds.

The other aspect is that now the cat's out of the bag, if skulduggery does occur everyone will know who is behind it.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Like the idea of keeping it on stand bye
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Interesting comments so far on our little Mini Cooper, especially Mock's comments.
How about I transfer this site discussion up to the main Mayflower forum for a day so a lot more users see it, and we would be sure to get more input from users ?
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:00 pm

I swear far more on here than I do on pasoti (in fact probably zero on there). It's not clever and it's not funny! I'll stop it. Rolling Eyes

I'll repeat what I said on another thread soon after I joined here - "As for the swearing: in theory little kids could come on here and look but realistically that's not going to be the case. Anyway, if the prospect of a few swear words causes them problems there is a wealth of other much more hard-core sites which are worse. So I'm told. I don't think it's a problem. The only suggestion I'd make is not a swear-checker but that an automatic spell-checker should be in place so that when the kids read them they at least learn to spell them properly".

If there is a genuine fear that infiltrators will do it intentionally in order to discredit here or worse then my view is that the swear-checker should be held back until it's needed.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:37 pm

In the words of the immortal Brian Clough to the Trent End at the City Ground;

"Gentlemen,no swearing,please".

I must admit to having the odd cuss on here in moments of high temper,but never actually against a person [i don't think so,anyway].A good method to follow may be the Freathy one of the "F******* Staplewallet" variety,which seems to cover all bases.Leave it at that and if common sense doesn't prevail,put the swear checker on.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Hmmm, I feel a little guilty now after bringing my rantings here.

*Disclaimer* - I speak for myself and not any given website.

To anyone who has a problem with that, fk off Wink

Seriously speaking, I generally live by the rule 'treat others as you expect others to treat yourself', for the mostpart it works. I take no pleasure from my language last night and realise bringing my rantings here was a mistake on my part. My only defence is I'm just human. That said, I'm still happy to get things off my chest and I'm contented my perceived anger was pointed in the appropriate direction. I'll do my utmost to control my poor language in future Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:41 pm

I do have a genuine concern that it may well happen on this site to discredit ATD FunnyMan, but I think that by it being highlighted like this it will lessen the chances of it occurring. There's one or two doing their absolute best to discredit this site anyway but it seems that the vast majority are able to see through that game plan.

We've had the comical threat of legal action, we've had the pseudonyms disclosures and we've had the mild attempt to discredit this site that turned into a very spiteful and nasty campaign yesterday. If things go like they did on the old site the next things to happen will be to attempt to gain control of the site and then post extreme personal abuse with one post after another and another and so on until the site comes to a stand still and bunged up with abusive spam.

These are the things of course that no Pasoti moderator wishes to talk about, I'm very glad that this thread has been placed on ATD's main forum, I'm sure it will help to prevent those tactics occurring once again.
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:50 pm

GOB wrote:
I like the values behind what you're saying Mock but Ian/Napoleon/SteveMoyatt/IJN/ etc etc. doesn't share those values as we've already seen, if he can get away with it I am concerned that he'll do the same things and attempt to close this site down using the same tactics, just like the last time.

How about the swear checker is left off but in preparation for it to be turned on at short notice? It'll leave the site vulnerable at times but will be the best of both worlds.

The other aspect is that now the cat's out of the bag, if skulduggery does occur everyone will know who is behind it.

I co ran the last forum with Prodigal Green and PepsiPete and there was no danger of that place being closed down by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm happy to accept whatever the pirate and frank decide. They, along with our other mods are fair, honest and good people[i'm a tosser ! lol !].

We are open and accepting of all users but we should be ready for those who would try to discredit us unfairly.

Contrary to what some may say, we all have a big place in our hearts for Argyle. We only want the best for the club.

How that is achieved should be available for free and open debate, not party line obedience.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:32 pm

In the Real World, the majority of people are partial to an f-word here and there. That's real life.

I think we're all mature enough on here to cope with it.

The vast majority of quality Fan sites seem to manage it well enough.

Keep it real, I say.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
In the Real World, the majority of people are partial to an f-word here and there. That's real life.

I think we all mature enough on here to cope with it.

Keep it real, I say.

I agree.
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Keep it real, I say.

So do!

Let it be left as it then and see what happens, if anything.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Phenom wrote:

I co ran the last forum with Prodigal Green and PepsiPete and there was no danger of that place being closed down by anyone.

Prodigal gave in to threats and sold us out, the position became impossible.
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:51 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Phenom wrote:

I had my account deleted as did others, some lost access to their pm's.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Keep it real, I say.

Dont mind swearing between words, but draw the line at between sylables thus "Its a dis F****** grace".
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:53 pm

GOB wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Phenom wrote:

And it was impossible for new members to join.
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
GOB wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Phenom wrote:

And it was impossible for new members to join.

Some had their passwords changed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:08 pm

In Pasotiland, all animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

Either accept the way things are, or fight for free speech. We choose to fight, so we are targets of those who know better pig
Back to top Go down

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:35 pm

i'll clear a few things up.

the 3 of us (mainly me and pete) ran the old place with the agreement free speech would be allowed by all however if a line was crossed (and only a few times it was) we would act. With PG being too busy becoming a Tottenham Hotspur fan to give a hoot about PAFC or the forum even more so during the dark times he was pretty much vacant in his attendance and help in matters leading to that forum turning into a bitch fest.

I left the admin/mod team without the fanfare some do when it became adapt that the forum was purely a slagging station for disgruntled pasoti users and the PAFC wasn't at times discussed once. Top that with moaning pm's about certain individuals and those individuals moaning about the moaners forgetting they meant to be fans of the same club, a certain member on here spamming the forum with up to 60 accounts and no it wasn't IJN or a pasoti mod before its mentioned and also PG quietly turning the forum into a spurs one i wanted no part of it.

My point being and what i am raising as i was on the admin team we never had one threat from a lawyer, or anything like that nor did we once have posts demanding certain content removed or what not. so whatever reasoning PG gave for the old place closing wasn't entirely true and yes i could still access the admin email on there even when I left.

PG was bored with Plymouth Argyle and left the admin team himself holding on to the licence and he didn't want to renew it truth be known he didnt want to renew it back in 2009. Thats why it was closed nothing to do with threats it was simply he is a glory supporter couldn't care less about our club still doesn't now until we reach the championship again and didn't want to keep that forum on and deal with the hassle that came with it. if he was being a tw@t by changing passwords denying access and such that was down to him not wanting the place to stay on not pasoti. He maded it impossible for me to access the admin areas at first and gave pepsi literally no powers however i rectified that.

Thats why you now have this place.

I stay out of this us vs them crap on both sites as it has never interested me i just feel like with the other place if this place was a bout the club and allowed free speech on that and wasn't a platform for bitching it would attract more people and probably would be seen in a better light.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Evening.

On the swear checker thing, agree about having it in reserve to be wheeled out if neccessary. Currently it seems that a group of adults are largely self-regulating when it comes to language - what a surprise. I certainly haven't witnessed the foul, vile and absuive language that has been suggested crops up on here, although I do admit I used the F word when Bignot got himself sent off against Stourbridge in ridiculous fashion...

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Nick wrote:
Evening.

On the swear checker thing, agree about having it in reserve to be wheeled out if neccessary. Currently it seems that a group of adults are largely self-regulating when it comes to language - what a surprise. I certainly haven't witnessed the foul, vile and absuive language that has been suggested crops up on here, although I do admit I used the F word when Bignot got himself sent off against Stourbridge in ridiculous fashion...

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In anticipation Empty
PostSubject: Re: In anticipation   In anticipation Empty

Back to top Go down

In anticipation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next