Rollo Tomasi
Tgwu
green_genie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

Studio School Application Misses out this round Empty
PostSubject: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm

green_genie wrote:
Graham Clark wrote:
green_genie wrote:
There are only a couple of rounds of applications for Studio Schools each year so they won't know about that until the summer at earliest after May 9th deadline. Cannot believe the £2-3M they are expecting from this to tip balance as it has to cover setting up the school as well as building it.

BTW: Where is the quote from? Can't see on PASB site
edit: Yes I can from 23rd Nov meeting.

I understand from an informed source that the funding approvals by the Studio School Trust for Studio Schools with a proposed opening date of September 2015 will be made public by the end of this month. Not too long to wait.

Thanks Graham,

Sourced info from
## Studio School Trust  Link ##.

The FAQ page indicates there was a previous window in October.

Must be out of practice with researching such matters.

With apologies for cut & pasting across forums, it looks like the Studio School has missed out on round of applications for Sept 2015 opening.

Gov Press Release

That leaves 14,000ft2 of’ community facilities’ in the corner of the grandstand (with Barn Park) without an approved use. This land is part of the 1.22acres to be purchased by Akkeron and taken out of the stadium freehold.

Whether the £2.5 - £3M grant money is a critical issue to HHP funding or they can reapply for another round waits to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Ashburton have one  

By HECAbbott Posted: January 24, 2014

Approval given for new studio school in Ashburton

The directors of South Dartmoor Academy have announced the ‘in principle’ agreement from the secretary of state for a new studio school in Ashburton.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:56 pm

and Bolton Wanderers are fast tracking one for Sept 2014 opening at the Reebok.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Ashburton have one  

By HECAbbott    Posted: January 24, 2014

Approval given for new studio school in Ashburton

The directors of South Dartmoor Academy have announced the ‘in principle’ agreement from the secretary of state for a new studio school in Ashburton.

A unique feature of Atrium Studio School is the link with university, industry and work placements within the curriculum alongside a project-based learning approach.

The Atrium Studio School application was developed in partnership with Plymouth University

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Interesting. There will be a lot studio school disasters nationwide, as often these things are applying for planning as a property/business opportunity rather than a community resource. I understand there are big problems with that across the country.
I would imagine a good 2.5m grant is essential to the stadium part of the build.

Mind you, with this being a community facility, who knows what the new planning laws will allow now certain usage has been granted. I also still wonder what the community facility is that Brent says will be coming the GTs way some day "in payment of their loans". Maybe those 3 or 4 guys will end up one day owning a large chunk of the park paid for by a broad sweep of Argyle fans.
It's all guesswork though, no one knows all the ins and outs.
I do know there are 15 trees coming down in Outland Road, and that hasn't hit the newspapers yet. I also heard that Gilbert Lane may yet come into the access picture. The man in charge needs to get his act together and make his mind up. He's looking very unprofessional. Serves the council right, but I feel sorry for the fans and for the residents.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Isn't Gilbert Lane meant to be 7 or 8 centuries old. Still, never mind. Mustn't stop a new multiplex cinema.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:33 am

Am I right in saying green_genie has beaten Postcody to the news?
My oh my...

What to put there instead..?  

Good place for a bar!

Last edited by Rickler on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:51 am

The most prolific supporters of this development must now realise that hhp is slowly falling apart as time goes on and looks more and more unlikely to happen. Egg on face time me thinks.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:09 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
The most prolific supporters of this development must now realise that hhp is slowly falling apart as time goes on and looks more and more unlikely to happen. Egg on face time me thinks.

Good riddance.
These half baked plans have never been fit for purpose since day one of their release, its a bit like when the Herald released the original picture of the stand in the with only one tier, people asked questions then as if by magic a few days later another design was released showing another token "corporate " tier. Absolute joke.
I am amazed these plans made it past the council chambers, in any other City they would never have seen the light of day. Hopefully now the banker will pack up and go making way for someone else with true class and ambition.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Now that James Brent and the Board have reiterated their commitment to the PASB being the preeminent supporters group perhaps they could quickly get an answer as to how this events the HHP developement?
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:01 pm

What is a studio school?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:08 pm

build a decent grandstand, your ice rink, a decent star hotel, cinema if you must and a FEW shops and leave it at that!!

No public park needs a dentist or a school in the middle of nowhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Hopefully they won't end up building the clusterfuck especially seeing as tho there are plenty of school places still available across the city
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 pm

mcfry wrote:
Hopefully they won't end up building the clusterfuck especially seeing as tho there are plenty of school places still available across the city

they will build the clusterfuck as PCC has not a drop of commonsense in their bodies they proved that with that shambolic planning meeting that was broadcasted live and all the other hair-brain fads they dream up that cost money and bring in little to no lasting benefit to the city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Old Timer wrote:
What is a studio school?

Think of the old Technical Schools but with an even greater focus on work-based learning. From the little I know of them they seem to be an extension of what was already happening in education whereby young people were increasingly looking to FE colleges to finish their education - or schools were getting rid of helping pupils they didn't want to move on to the more career-based courses that colleges were providing. One of the most obvious features is that the age-group starts at 14 yrs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:16 pm

knecht wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
What is a studio school?

Think of the old Technical Schools but with an even greater focus on work-based learning. From the little I know of them they seem to be an extension of what was already happening in education whereby young people were increasingly looking to FE colleges to finish their education - or schools were getting rid of helping pupils they didn't want to move on to the more career-based courses that colleges were providing. One of the most obvious features is that the age-group starts at 14 yrs.

The FE bit is very true which is why i am puzzled as to why PCC gave teh green light for a studio school to go there and still looking to make Kings road bigger with the Goschen Centre moving into it :S

On a slightly different topic i again checked the capacity of that proposed new Ice Arena (1500) its still dwarfed by Exeter's westpoint that can hold up to 7,500 so i ask anyone close to the PCC and or Brent where do you think the big name ice shows and events are going to go?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Plus the old Devonport Secondary school is now a university training college
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Studio School Application Misses out this round   Studio School Application Misses out this round Empty

Back to top Go down

Studio School Application Misses out this round
Page 1 of 1