Go down 
+2
seadog
Greenskin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Just back from Bristol... Empty
PostSubject: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Just home after the coach trip back so I thought that I would give my view on the game.

1ST HALF
In the first half we were simply terrible and it took us until stoppage time to get a shot on target. We started brightly but that faded out and we were making it easy for them. They fired a warning shot which Jake Cole tipped over the crossbar superbly, a wonderful save from an ever improving keeper. However the defending was still a huge problem, I think it was a penalty, and even if it was soft you shouldn't go making tackles like that in a crowded box, from my pretty perfect sideline angle, it looked as if he went to kick the ball, missed and instead kicked their player. The penalty was well put away, we didn't react well and some very poor defending from Bhasera enabled Zebroski (always dangerous today) to cross into the penalty area, 'ginger' was permitted to turn by Bignot and fired a shot well into the top corner. That was about the last of the action in the first half before Bhasera took a shot which was easily saved by their keeper.

2ND HALF
I have no idea what Carl Fletcher said to the men at half time, but it worked like magic. We came out determined from the off. Just under 10 minutes in, the ever superb Nick Chadwick headed down a cross and enabled the also ever superb Warren Feeney to tuck away a poachers finish, the celebrations was good and I think we could sense something special. Jake Cole had to pull off a stunning save from a deflected shot but it was always argyle who looked the most likely to score. Hourihane's long distance drive was tipped away by the Rovers stopper but soon after Argyle got level, Nick Chadwick took the ball down in the box before releasing a superb effort which flew into the bottom corner sparking great celebrations from the terrace and the seating. I would have taken a draw at this stage and that was the feeling among the Green Army, but the players got forward and pushed for a winner. Nick Chadwick's strong header was tipped over well and I thought that would be our final chance. But no. Ashley Hemmings raced onto a through ball and slotted it home perfectly, the players and fans went wild as the Home fans went silent. The final whistle was a superb moment as the lads came over to celebrate and did a huddle infront of the away end,

OTHER THOUGHTS

I thought Feeney and Chadwick worked their socks off today, chased everything and both got on the score sheet.

Ashley Hemmings is just a different clas, wow what a player. He always looked comfy on the ball and beat his man every single time.

Atkinson was pretty poor, Young replaced him and was a breath of fresh air, looked strong and fast, a real pleasure to see.

In the middle, I dont think Walton had the best of games. He seemed unable to pass in the first half and didn't encourage the lads in the slightest, was decent in the second however. Hourihane was good all through the game and was always looking to create.

Bhasera had a poor first half but was most likely the best in the second, linked up perfectly with Hemmings and put a number of balls in.

Credit to Bignot for giving it a go at centre back, he played ok, made a few mistakes but remember he is a RB. Blanchard looked average to me, didn't really have much to do.

NOW NOW, BERRY. Wow what a difference, always making runs forward, pumping the ball in and made a goal saving headed clearance in the second half. He did very well.

Onwards and upwards
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Cobi should be banned from this site for using ripe language on PASOTI.Don't want any of his type on here. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Cobi should be banned from this site for using ripe language on PASOTI.Don't want any of his type on here. lol!

In the name of Aviva lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Actually,i understood Cobi's POV.I was golfing today while the game was on and didn't know any of the match pattern details,i just saw the final result.If i'd been home,i probably would have had a cuss or two about Fletch and would also have eaten humble pie,great stuff.Some bloke on PASOTI said that Cobi should be banned from home games in future for expressing anti Fletcher sentiments when the score was 0-2.Never heard anything so bleddy daft and could sympathise with Cobi when he went off on one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks for the match report. A good read.

I thought Feeney was absolute toss at the start of the season, I just didn't understand how he got into the starting 11 (apart from the fact there was no one else), so it's good to hear that he is coming in to some form - right when we need it.

Please tell me the GA sang '2-0 and you fucked it up' at the end!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 6:25 pm

GibGreen wrote:
Thanks for the match report. A good read.

I thought Feeney was absolute toss at the start of the season, I just didn't understand how he got into the starting 11 (apart from the fact there was no one else), so it's good to hear that he is coming in to some form - right when we need it.

Please tell me the GA sang '2-0 and you fucked it up' at the end!?

Both that and 'thats why your going down' and 'sack in the morning'

Buzzing atmosphere from the moment when we made it 2 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Were you wearing your Wig or Jester hat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Actually,i understood Cobi's POV.I was golfing today while the game was on and didn't know any of the match pattern details,i just saw the final result.If i'd been home,i probably would have had a cuss or two about Fletch and would also have eaten humble pie,great stuff.Some bloke on PASOTI said that Cobi should be banned from home games in future for expressing anti Fletcher sentiments when the score was 0-2.Never heard anything so bleddy daft and could sympathise with Cobi when he went off on one.

people are entitled to have a point of view whether you agree with it or not it makes for healthy debate.

Great result today 3-2 win after being 2-0 down we are now level on 17 points with Dag & Red and Northampton. So again if we can make this victory count against Aldershot we can not only be out of the bottom two but we may even be a few places higher putting us in a fantastic position going into the new year. Pleasing to see Chadwick isn't the same as before and can actually score proving myself and a few wrong. sign him on cheers I am hoping we will continue to strengthen in January whilst this victory is great we cant afford to rest on this the squad still needs to be strengthen.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Phenom wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

people are entitled to have a point of view whether you agree with it or not it makes for healthy debate.

Great result today 3-2 win after being 2-0 down we are now level on 17 points with Dag & Red and Northampton. So again if we can make this victory count against Aldershot we can not only be out of the bottom two but we may even be a few places higher putting us in a fantastic position going into the new year. Pleasing to see Chadwick isn't the same as before and can actually score proving myself and a few wrong. sign him on cheers I am hoping we will continue to strengthen in January whilst this victory is great we cant afford to rest on this the squad still needs to be strengthen.

Where exactly did i say that anyone wasn't entitled to their point view?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

i was referring to the armchair fans who had a go at cobi for his pov.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Phenom wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

i was referring to the armchair fans who had a go at cobi for his pov.

Ah,right,with you.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Good report Cobi and a wonderful retort to the grumpy cnut!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Wow, what a result, could be the result that really turns the season around, one happy bunny here. See Cobi is taking some refuge on here, certainly took some flak on the other site. Such language from a minor, ban him Pasoti mods, ban him!! Must admit I was in the depths of despair at HT, but absolutely buzzing when the 3rd went in. Nice little run going now, confidence and belief growing all the time.COYG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Have to say Cobi, you got it bang on. The atmosphere was brilliant once the first of our goals went in.
Our lads were straight over to our support after each goal and much mutual love ins after final whistle.
Listening to BBC Bristol on the way to Cribbs after the game, many gasheads were saying they were good first half and terrible in the second. I would say we were terrible first half and suddenly started to get to the ball first, took them on instead of sitting back and winning the aerial battle.
Sorry if I sound a bit Aviva but now a run without a loss, we are the better team from the bottom six from what I have seen. Three points at Aldershot is a real possibility baked on our form and theirs of late..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Have to say Cobi, you got it bang on. The atmosphere was brilliant once the first of our goals went in.
Our lads were straight over to our support after each goal and much mutual love ins after final whistle.
Listening to BBC Bristol on the way to Cribbs after the game, many gasheads were saying they were good first half and terrible in the second. I would say we were terrible first half and suddenly started to get to the ball first, took them on instead of sitting back and winning the aerial battle.
Sorry if I sound a bit Aviva but now a run without a loss, we are the better team from the bottom six from what I have seen. Three points at Aldershot is a real possibility baked on our form and theirs of late..

we're not losing that's for sure which is only a good thing Smile we just got to work on winning a few more rather than settling for draws which we are doing a lot at the moment. If we can do that i wouldn't rule out a mid table finish this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:47 pm

It is indeed a funny old game isn't it. Win a match away from home and drop one place to bottom. But, the bigger picture is that without that win today we would not be in a position to climb totally out of the relegation places if the result could be repeated on Saturday.

I had family around today so the radio went off just after 2 - 0 down when they arrived. I only snook a listen right at the death and it was 2 - 2 followed by an injury time super goal. It sounded absolute pants in the first half so the commentary certainly agrees with the report by Cobi. It's also spooky that it was a re-run of the last meeting almost to the exact script. The Gasheads must just love Argyle coming to town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Welcome on board Sensible. Your handwriting also looks familiar Very Happy

Gutted that I didn't go today when it's only half an hour away, but the better half is a chef and she got Christmas Day off work and that's it, so I'm left holding the baby. Even at 2-0 down I can't abandon the commentary, but it sounded dire in the first half. Completely different second half and it was almost a carbon copy of last seasons game at the Gas. Not sure what changed it today, have to give Fletcher the credit unless there was something I missed. Chadwick is definitely making a big difference and Hemmings sounds exciting. Typical that the other results went against us but that made the win even more important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks Cobi. Good post. Very Happy Sounded a great 2nd half on the radio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Hello greenjock. Somebody had to improve the grammar on here..............

I didn't turn the commentary off by choice. I've grown rather attached to my testicles and them staying exactly where they are meant to be is why the radio went off. Ok the wife scares me so the choice was either lose them or flick the switch. It does matter what the other sides do but it is more important what we do and the closing of the gap was more important than dropping a place which is sort of ironic really. If, and it is a big ask, Argyle can claw another 3 points out of the next game then with other clubs being drawn into the mix, it will seem easier at last for us to climb out of the mire. You know me and the fact I'm in the optimist squad and I can never predict or bet against my own club no matter who they are playing but I'm also a realist. I know it is not time to put the flags out just yet.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Did you take the car and if so where did you leave it. Had mine done over whilst watching a game at Ashton Gate once, rather stupidly had it plastered with Argyle stickers.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
Just home after the coach trip back so I thought that I would give my view on the game.

1ST HALF
In the first half we were simply terrible and it took us until stoppage time to get a shot on target. We started brightly but that faded out and we were making it easy for them. They fired a warning shot which Jake Cole tipped over the crossbar superbly, a wonderful save from an ever improving keeper. However the defending was still a huge problem, I think it was a penalty, and even if it was soft you shouldn't go making tackles like that in a crowded box, from my pretty perfect sideline angle, it looked as if he went to kick the ball, missed and instead kicked their player. The penalty was well put away, we didn't react well and some very poor defending from Bhasera enabled Zebroski (always dangerous today) to cross into the penalty area, 'ginger' was permitted to turn by Bignot and fired a shot well into the top corner. That was about the last of the action in the first half before Bhasera took a shot which was easily saved by their keeper.

2ND HALF
I have no idea what Carl Fletcher said to the men at half time, but it worked like magic. We came out determined from the off. Just under 10 minutes in, the ever superb Nick Chadwick headed down a cross and enabled the also ever superb Warren Feeney to tuck away a poachers finish, the celebrations was good and I think we could sense something special. Jake Cole had to pull off a stunning save from a deflected shot but it was always argyle who looked the most likely to score. Hourihane's long distance drive was tipped away by the Rovers stopper but soon after Argyle got level, Nick Chadwick took the ball down in the box before releasing a superb effort which flew into the bottom corner sparking great celebrations from the terrace and the seating. I would have taken a draw at this stage and that was the feeling among the Green Army, but the players got forward and pushed for a winner. Nick Chadwick's strong header was tipped over well and I thought that would be our final chance. But no. Ashley Hemmings raced onto a through ball and slotted it home perfectly, the players and fans went wild as the Home fans went silent. The final whistle was a superb moment as the lads came over to celebrate and did a huddle infront of the away end,

OTHER THOUGHTS

I thought Feeney and Chadwick worked their socks off today, chased everything and both got on the score sheet.

Ashley Hemmings is just a different clas, wow what a player. He always looked comfy on the ball and beat his man every single time.

Atkinson was pretty poor, Young replaced him and was a breath of fresh air, looked strong and fast, a real pleasure to see.

In the middle, I dont think Walton had the best of games. He seemed unable to pass in the first half and didn't encourage the lads in the slightest, was decent in the second however. Hourihane was good all through the game and was always looking to create.

Bhasera had a poor first half but was most likely the best in the second, linked up perfectly with Hemmings and put a number of balls in.

Credit to Bignot for giving it a go at centre back, he played ok, made a few mistakes but remember he is a RB. Blanchard looked average to me, didn't really have much to do.

NOW NOW, BERRY. Wow what a difference, always making runs forward, pumping the ball in and made a goal saving headed clearance in the second half. He did very well.

Onwards and upwards
Yeah but, did you get in a fight or not?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Gonna respond sensibly to that Mock.

Actually, today was just a fantastic atmosphere. No argyle fans were taken out and from what I could see just one old man was ejected from the Rovers end, most likely for being to drunk.

The atmosphere was friendly and many rovers fans stayed behind to clap our players and fans. Hardly any police either. Just a superb day out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Cut the crap ........were you with or without wig or jester hat ensemble?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 12:59 am

Were you wearing any colour other than, Green, White or Black?
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:21 am

Cobi Budge wrote:
Gonna respond sensibly to that Mock.

Actually, today was just a fantastic atmosphere. No argyle fans were taken out and from what I could see just one old man was ejected from the Rovers end, most likely for being to drunk.

The atmosphere was friendly and many rovers fans stayed behind to clap our players and fans. Hardly any police either. Just a superb day out.

Just so we know how a 15 year old perceives us Cobi, what sort of age was the "old man" ejected from the Bristol end?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back from Bristol...   Just back from Bristol... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back from Bristol...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next