Coxside_Green
Freathy
X Isle
downthetrack
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  Empty
PostSubject: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 pm

For obvious reasons i cant respond to a thread on pasoti where they are discussing making the play-offs !!!!!!!! ARE THE F**KING MENTAL ???? Im all for being positive but that is a joke !!!

Losers !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:41 pm

dane_b wrote:
For obvious reasons i cant respond to a thread on pasoti where they are discussing making the play-offs !!!!!!!! ARE THE F**KING MENTAL ???? Im all for being positive but that is a joke !!!

Losers !!

Breath deeply and slowly and stay calm .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:42 pm

ha i know , but its crazy talk, what is wrong with some people
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Its ok,the men in white coats are on there way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 am

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 am

There's another one tonight in which someone pointing out we're bottom of the league has 'spoilt' it.

Spoilt what exactly?, some lunatics private w*nk-fantasy that we're presently eight points clear at the top?.

I remember watching Argyle v Watford back in the 80's from the back of the grandstand (Dad paid!). We were sat next to this chap who was clearly a couple of sandwiches short. We won 1-0 but he celebrated every near miss as a goal too, he went away happy as Larry with a 5-0 win, didn't have the heart to shatter his dellusion.

Well I do have the heart to shatter the dellusions of anyone who talks about play-offs when we are where we are. Doom and gloom is misplaced too IMHO, I can see things slowly turning our way. We'll be OK, but at least concerns have some basis in reality Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am

I do love their unbridled optimism. It's like watching the Wizard of Oz, in the end it's all make believe.

I think to be fair we have defined the true 'aviva'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:57 am

I think we'll be OK this year, our recent form is pretty decent, it seems to be turning around. Hell, if results go our way tomorrow we could be out of the drop zone!

Save the play off chat for next season though!

Also to add: I have no sympathy for the opening poster who is obviously a troll looking to spark up anti-pasoti debate. He hasnt even tried to post his opinion on argyles chances this season, just a childish rant on pasoti. Dont like it, dont use it. Easy really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:01 am

I think we're being a bit hard, I don't think anyone "thinks" we'll reach the play offs, maybe the word "think" should be substituted for "hope"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:10 am

Womble wrote:
I think we'll be OK this year, our recent form is pretty decent, it seems to be turning around. Hell, if results go our way tomorrow we could be out of the drop zone!

Save the play off chat for next season though!

Also to add: I have no sympathy for the opening poster who is obviously a troll looking to spark up anti-pasoti debate. He hasnt even tried to post his opinion on argyles chances this season, just a childish rant on pasoti. Dont like it, dont use it. Easy really.

What's happening tomorrow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 am

GOB wrote:
I think we're being a bit hard, I don't think anyone "thinks" we'll reach the play offs, maybe the word "think" should be substituted for "hope"?

But even hoping for the play-off's is pie in the sky. Everyone knows that and anyone who genuinely believes we can make the play-offs has been on the sherry a bit much over Christmas.

Shortest odds I can find for us making the play-offs is 500-1 with Paddy Power.

That said, Ladbrokes would have given you 40-1 on 2-3 at the Rec before the match, probably even longer than that at half time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 am

Cerbera wrote:
GOB wrote:

But even hoping for the play-off's is pie in the sky. Everyone knows that and anyone who genuinely believes we can make the play-offs has been on the sherry a bit much over Christmas.

Shortest odds I can find for us making the play-offs is 500-1 with Paddy Power.

That said, Ladbrokes would have given you 40-1 on 2-3 at the Rec before the match, probably even longer than that at half time.

Yeah I know, I'm just trying to find a crumb of understanding behind the reasoning of the logic lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:40 am

It will be interesting to see how much Brent dips his hand into his pocket during January. Our current revival is built on sand and things could go pear shaped very quickly. I will use Chadwick as an example. He has made a real difference to us since his return, but he is only here on loan and he has never been a consistent player. If we manage to keep him will he be able to maintain his form?

Bignot, Sutherland and Hemmings are all inexperienced. Will they be able to perform week in week out until the end of the season?

Purse has been impressive so far, but we are pinning a lot of hopes on a 35 year old centre back. Lets hope that injuries and fitness don't become a problem. I won't mention the disciplinary record.

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:40 am

Cerbera wrote:
GOB wrote:

But even hoping for the play-off's is pie in the sky.........

And that's where I have the problem with it. Hopes lead to expectations, not directly but if you hope for something and you don't get it, you're inevitably left disappointed. If we survive this season as a league team given the start we had no-one, that's no-one, should feel anything but joy at that massive achievement, disappointment would have no place in achieving league 2 status next season.

I can see it now though, through nothing but myopic optimism someone will post "it's all very well but we'd turned it round by Christmas, if only a decent amount of money was invested in the January window, we could have made the play-offs"............AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH, no we wouldn't have!. To me that's like saying I want to orbit the earth by the power of my own farts........if only i'd eaten enough sprouts at Christmas I could have Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:57 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It will be interesting to see how much Brent dips his hand into his pocket during January. Our current revival is built on sand and things could go pear shaped very quickly. I will use Chadwick as an example. He has made a real difference to us since his return, but he is only here on loan and he has never been a consistent player. If we manage to keep him will he be able to maintain his form?

Bignot, Sutherland and Hemmings are all inexperienced. Will they be able to perform week in week out until the end of the season?

Purse has been impressive so far, but we are pinning a lot of hopes on a 35 year old centre back. Lets hope that injuries and fitness don't become a problem. I won't mention the disciplinary record.

I think we'll be disappointed come January Frank. I don't expect to see a penny of Brent's money, he's more-or-less already said that the club must be self sufficient and I think his only ambition is to see the club remain in existence.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:50 am

No-one seriously believes we can make the play-offs. Not even the greenest of green tints. It's just bravado following a win that looked like being a very heavy defeat at half time. After Aldershot when we've been thoroughly outplayed and had another player sent off all this nonsense talk will stop.

All I want is for brent to replace fletcher and invest properly in the team come January so we have a chance of avoiding oblivion next May. This club is NOT saved until league safety is assured.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 am

We're in a relegation battle and that's where the players & management teams' focus should be, any talk of play-offs can only be a distraction at this moment in time.

Whilst the recent run of results have been encouraging, we wont be playing the dross from the bottom 7-8 clubs every week, with nearly half the season over we've still yet to beat anyone in the top half of the table.

January is a massive month for us both on and off the pitch. Any players leaving will need to be replaced. I've no idea where we stand with loan signings, I think we've used up most of our allowance but will get some respite if Purse and Chadders sign permanently in January?. Bhasera is likely to be off which will leave LB very weak. If Fletch aint gonna play then he needs a replacement. One or 2 of our other loanees may well return to their parent clubs. Seems to me Brent's gonna need to dig deep into his pockets just to stand still, even deeper if we're gonna move away from relegation comfortably.

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:00 pm

All I know is that the results I look out for are Barnet D&R Hereford and Northampton not Crawley Cheltenham Southend or even Shrewsbury Burton Swindon.

The only points total I'm interested in is the number that will keep us in the league not the number needed to get a playoff place.

I'm not interested in the gap between us and 7th place in the league just the gap between us and 22nd.

Whether that makes me a doom and gloom merchant or just realistic doesn't change the fact that we are bottom of the league albeit edging forward.

This weekend will be interesting with three of our relegation rivals playing on Friday and Argyle having the incentive (if any is needed) of knowing what a win will do to uor league position. It will be some achievement to end the year out of the bottom 2.

My only concern (and I find it natural but not an all consuming despair) is that our recent run is some kind of purple patch and this is the best it gets. What will be available to push on in January,and we will need to push on just to keep up with our rivals, is anyones guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Dougie wrote:

My only concern (and I find it natural but not an all consuming despair) is that our recent run is some kind of purple patch and this is the best it gets. What will be available to push on in January,and we will need to push on just to keep up with our rivals, is anyones guess.

I agree. My best hope is mid-table comfort. My worst hope is that the bubble will burst and we will begin to struggle again. Ca`n't remember who said it - & can't be bothered to go back & look it up - that too much is resting on: young players whose form often has peaks & troughs; old players who may not sustain a difficult campaign; loan players who may be recalled; new players who may not gel with those we have already. It's looking good at the moment but I'm not uncrossing my fingers.

On the other hand, getting into the play-offs and promotion would be good. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
No-one seriously believes we can make the play-offs. Not even the greenest of green tints. It's just bravado following a win that looked like being a very heavy defeat at half time. After Aldershot when we've been thoroughly outplayed and had another player sent off all this nonsense talk will stop.

All I want is for brent to replace fletcher and invest properly in the team come January so we have a chance of avoiding oblivion next May. This club is NOT saved until league safety is assured.

Aldershot are on a poor run of form of late. Suppose we sneak a win?

Now, please don't think for one moment I am going all Aviva on you, but surely a win on Saturday would lift the team no end? Ending the year potentially out of the bottom two?

The problem that then brings is will the Brent/Fletcher/O'Driscoll triumvirate then think that what we have will see us safe and no money needs to be spent, just hold on to the players we have until the end of the season? And if that was the thinking, would it be enough assuming we can hold onto them?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Now, please don't think for one moment I am going all Aviva on you, but surely a win on Saturday would lift the team no end? Ending the year potentially out of the bottom two?

The problem that then brings is will the Brent/Fletcher/O'Driscoll triumvirate then think that what we have will see us safe and no money needs to be spent, just hold on to the players we have until the end of the season? And if that was the thinking, would it be enough assuming we can hold onto them?

You would think so but everytime we think a corner has been turned Argyle revert to type with a 'performance' from hell. That's why we're still bottom.

And If Brent is serious about not owning a non-league club next season he'd better not think he can achieve survival by not adding at least three or four new players.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:51 pm

..........but what if those 3-4 players disrupt the improvement with their inevitable settling in periods?. We don't need open heart surgery right now, it could kill the recovery just as it's showing itself. Open heart surgery can wait until the summer, all we need now is stability and maybe some minor squad augmenting.

So no, we DON'T need to replace Fletch, he's doing a great job turning this sinking ship round. And neither does James Brent need to go against his consistent position of making us self sufficient by throwing flippin' gert wads of cash in a panic spending spree.

There WILL be more Hereford performances (although let's not forget we didn't lose that game and could have snatched it with Chadders wayward volley at the end), we WILL lose some games. But as long as the general momentum is towards a better average return of points per game, we WILL move up.

Play-offs are beyond wasting our breath on but this is not the time for knee-jerk reactions, it's a time for holding firm on the course we're on and having faith in it what we're doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Freathy you would be of the opinion that we cannot maintain league status with the squad we have?

We have to supplement, where?

Not disagreeing with you, just interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:56 pm

X Isle wrote:
..........but what if those 3-4 players disrupt the improvement with their inevitable settling in periods?. We don't need open heart surgery right now, it could kill the recovery just as it's showing itself. Open heart surgery can wait until the summer, all we need now is stability and maybe some minor squad augmenting.

So no, we DON'T need to replace Fletch, he's doing a great job turning this sinking ship round. And neither does James Brent need to go against his consistent position of making us self sufficient by throwing flippin' gert wads of cash in a panic spending spree.

There WILL be more Hereford performances (although let's not forget we didn't lose that game and could have snatched it with Chadders wayward volley at the end), we WILL lose some games. But as long as the general momentum is towards a better average return of points per game, we WILL move up.

Play-offs are beyond wasting our breath on but this is not the time for knee-jerk reactions, it's a time for holding firm on the course we're on and having faith in it what we're doing.

Generally I agree with this, but would question whether it is Fletch or O'Driscoll. Our improvement in form, apart from the 'new manager bounce' when Reidy went has been all since o'Driscoll turned up. I would suspect he has more to do with it than Fletcher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Freathy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:

You would think so but everytime we think a corner has been turned Argyle revert to type with a 'performance' from hell. That's why we're still bottom.

And If Brent is serious about not owning a non-league club next season he'd better not think he can achieve survival by not adding at least three or four new players.

I'm going to disagree here Freathy. I don't think adding 3 or 4 players is needed in January. Rather, I think it's vital we keep the one's we have got (i.e. the loanees), and maybe get an experienced CH in the Purse mould to help out at the back. So maybe just 1 player.

What I do think we need to add as a priority is coaching staff - especially defensive coach or coaches.

I don't expect this current team to set the world on fire for the rest of the season. It would be nice, but won't happen. What I think is realistic though, is that this current team (including the loanees) has enough about it to get us away from the relegation zone, and that has to be the priority at the moment.

Then, come the close season, that is the time we will need to add players.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD    ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD  Empty

Back to top Go down

ARE THEY FRIGGING MAD
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: