Tringreen
Freathy
pepsipete
seadog
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argo - Turks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:47 pm

PAFC 2012, a shambles on and off the pitch. Down we go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Not much to add to all that's been posted before.

On today's form we are going down. No question. However, once we had nothing to play for at two down we looked like someone had flicked a switch. If we could play like that for 90 minutes, we'd be fine. Trouble is, we don't.

We stood off them as usual and let them dictate the pace and let them bring the game to us. When we did have the ball it was either hoof it down the field to nobody or hope that someone was going to be on the end of it. Most of the time it was a Torquay player. We were second to every loose ball and seem to have this penchant for heading the ball about. We do look much better when we are not trying to be clever, keep the ball on the floor and pass it to each other. Also, if we are going to cross it into the box, can we make sure we know where our strikers are? They are not in block 3 row F of the Devonport.

We desperately need another striker, midfielder and defender; all of whom are capable of scrapping at this level and can keep us up. There is definitely something in the squad, just not enough of whatever it is and not consistently enough either.

One last thing, am I alone in thinking that Walton is a) a crap captain and b) not much better as a player? Personally I would hand the armband to Purse on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Not much to add to all that's been posted before.

On today's form we are going down. No question. However, once we had nothing to play for at two down we looked like someone had flicked a switch. If we could play like that for 90 minutes, we'd be fine. Trouble is, we don't.

We stood off them as usual and let them dictate the pace and let them bring the game to us. When we did have the ball it was either hoof it down the field to nobody or hope that someone was going to be on the end of it. Most of the time it was a Torquay player. We were second to every loose ball and seem to have this penchant for heading the ball about. We do look much better when we are not trying to be clever, keep the ball on the floor and pass it to each other. Also, if we are going to cross it into the box, can we make sure we know where our strikers are? They are not in block 3 row F of the Devonport.

We desperately need another striker, midfielder and defender; all of whom are capable of scrapping at this level and can keep us up. There is definitely something in the squad, just not enough of whatever it is and not consistently enough either.

One last thing, am I alone in thinking that Walton is a) a crap captain and b) not much better as a player? Personally I would hand the armband to Purse on Saturday.

I think Purse will have the armband in time which i am sure some will wank themselves to death over. Walton needs to work on his speed in fact whats the point in having a fitness coach when hardly anyone is fit. Time to address this i think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
Very good decision not to go today. I knew we'd get hammered.

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:43 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .

We did. For once he has it right. They did hammer us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:46 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .

Post-menstrual syndrome lover? You youngsters and your abbreviations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Cerbera wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .

We did. For once he has it right. They did hammer us.

We were abysmal I agree . its the not going bit that tickled me . The mess outside the ground and the stewarding were abysmal as well . Its the truth it cannot be denied .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:50 pm

funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .

How old do you think I am ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:52 pm

greengenes wrote:
funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .

I'm sure in a certain light you could pass for much younger than you are. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:57 pm

funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .

Meet me - we;ll do dinner - with candles rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Fork 'andles or just the two?

Make sure you bring the Vaseline, apparently the lime flavour is quite nice if you want to y'know afterwards.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:07 pm

greengenes wrote:
funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

PMSL ! Good old Frothy .

Meet me - we;ll do dinner - with candles rabbit

OK Embarassed

Let's talk football first........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Off down the pub to drown my sorrows people .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 pm

greengenes wrote:
Off down the pub to drown my sorrows people .

On a school night?

cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Oh well Greengenes didn't fancy commenting on the Pasoti behaviour I see. Funny how he's so quick to criticise this site every other day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 pm

So the ticketing/organisation outside the ground wasn't the best?

Why on earth did no one see the big crowd coming? (So to speak)

It was our only home game over the holiday period, it was against local opposition and off the back of a 5 game unbeaten run. The stars had aligned for the fickle to return.

Now I know that all backroom staff may not be in place yet, but surely there are enough people at the club with experience of the Christmas fixture, or even people close enough to JB - those that have direct access - to forewarn of the potential. There were rallying calls from all sorts of outlets.

I think it's absolutely criminal that fans were turned away today. I mean, it's not like we need the revenue is it!?

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Anyway, overall it was bollox today. We really are a very poor side at the moment. Torquay aren't bad but they're by no means the best in the Division, and they beat us easily.

All a bit worrying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Ok before I start I am slightly green tinted it's true and will hold my hands up before anyone else can make the jibe. Firstly who exactly has said that people were turned away? I was not aware of that and would like to see some sort of proof that it is true and not just a typical dissatisfied Argyle supporter assuming it is true. Yes the organisation could have been better but as far as I am aware everyone who wanted to be in the ground got in.

As for the match I'm sorry but I don't see the team you or some of you are talking about. For the first 15 minutes we looked good without a finishing produce. Then Chadwick went off and it did change things for a while. They had chances and we had chances and neither side could take them. For the start of the second half they picked up and did score 2 but on another day and previously we would have well caved in by then and the score line would probably have been 4 or 5. We didn't and definately came back into the match in the last 20 minutes. Not enough to win it that is true but we were not out of it either. Torquay are a very good side going forward and in fairness one of the better sides I've seen at Home Park so far this season. We missed Chadwick and of course we were always going to miss Purse but there were some very promising performances out there and with those two on the park in future games we will win matches. Could do with a couple of players is true also but in my opinion there isn't a huge amount wrong with the squad now unless you just want to do a normal Argyle fan thing and find lots to moan about and little to ever praise. I notice some post without having seen so I'd love to know how they can base any opinion on the matter. Football is all about opinion and each will see things how they interpret it but the base word is "see" not imagine.

Have a pop I have a very very thick skin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:42 pm

I 100% agree ........... You are a green tint !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Sensible they were turning people away at some turnstiles which left massive queues at all the others. 3 mates of mine waited until 3.20 and decided to go back to the pub. Sparksy was getting calls to the studio from loads of people in the same boat. Even season ticket holders were stuck for 30 minutes queuing. 2 of my mates hadn't been in ages and they won't bother again. They arrived at 2.45 which is pretty standard unless you're in the ultras and had choir practice beforehand. Not the greatest advertisement for thenew regime is it? Then subjected to a panning by Torquay. It may have only been 2-1 but should have been a thrashing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Obviously the dickheads in the boat would have been better going on foot but you get my drift
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:28 pm

So who got turned away then Big Boss Man? Obviously not you so who do you know who did first hand and not rumour.

I used to see a bloke on my football special bus some years ago who did nothing but moan every home game about something. One match we won 4 - 0 and I said to him on the way home "not much to have a go about today then". Reply was "Bleddy rubbish. We missed a sitter and it should have been 5. I'm not going next time". He always did of course and still does as I see him from time to time on his way to the ground. But, typical Argyle supporter. Lets just look for any negative we can find. Green tints in place as I type.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Phenom wrote:
well i am sure the court jester will be on here soon to tell you all that there is no crisis like some a iraqi information minster with american tanks behind him.

I still maintain Fletcher needs an experienced guy as either a assistant or director of football to help him out as he needs it. Maybe try and strike a deal with Sean O'driscoll till the end of the season.

We need to bring in some options especially in midfield and defence. We are not out of the race but its clear we need options and fletcher needs help. Besides you can avoid relegation on draws.

Sod the assistant job, get him (O Driscoll) in to replace Fletcher...now, so Fletcher can get back out on the pitch where we really need him. One can see just by listening to his post match interviews that he don't cut the mustard as a boss and it is there for all to see on the pitch and in his tactics, he may be convincing as a manager to some of the younger players, but the more experienced ones??.. don't make me laugh, and as for the discipline,well don't get me started on that. Evil or Very Mad
Thought Torquay were miles better then us today, we didn't even work their keeper properly until after their second goal and by then the writing was well and truly on the wall even with Young,s header i couldn't see us equalising.I stick with a previous prediction on here that unless radical investment in the playing and managerial side we will be a confirmed non league team by March....3 months frigging time!!
Seen the queues outside and this just confirms the joke status that this club currently holds,how many got turned away?? bet they wont be back in a hurry, ridiculously large open space between the Torquay fans and the Lynhurst side, didn't really see what the turnstile problem was as luckily i bought my tickets earlier on that day, but i can guess it was the usual story. Why is nobody higher up the food chain identifying these problems before they happen? they knew there was going to be a large attendance today, it just beggars belief and as i said earlier reinforces the joke status of our club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Ok greenjock but there is a difference between being turned away and re-directed. 2.45 is standard at a normal match when you know we will get 5000 or so but this was a real local derby. Yes as I have said the club got it wrong as well but so did the supporters or punters who should have known to give it a bit of extra time. As far as I could see we were not "panned" either. We lost to a decent side but to describe it as a panning is not right in my view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 pm

The club should know better:
They knew today would draw a large crowd
They knew that a large proportion today would turn up "en masse" 10 minutes before kick off as anyone who has been involved with local derby's before can testify.
They knew that they would have to reduce the space between Lyndhurst and Barn Park.
So why didnt it happen?
Why is nobody in authority at the club addressing these issues, you cant just blame the punters greeny...a plan for the plan and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next