Tringreen
Freathy
pepsipete
seadog
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Argo - Turks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I used to see a bloke on my football special bus some years ago who did nothing but moan every home game about something.

And it seems you've based every thought you've had since of a certain sort of fan on that one man. Lighten up, Sometiomes people have a point of view that is different to your perspective.
It all sounds a bit like Smiffy who based his whole Argyle 'fickle' fan philosophy on his grandfather's legendary moaning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Sensible I know what you're saying, but you won't hear any criticism of Argyle at all. My friends were turned away from one turnstile, redirected to another, where they queued for 10 minutes only to be redirected again. And they were not the only ones. I listened to the commentary and Sparksy was getting reports that large numbers of people were walking away because the turnstiles were in disarray.

Probably 75% of the crowd go to the pub before the game and the majority of supporters don't turn up at 2pm because Torquay are in town.

If 500 people buggered off and didn't pay their £20, didn't buy food and drinks, and a green and black scarf, it's a hell of a lot of money. And for season ticket holders to be in the same position when they have paid for their ticket months in advance I'm sorry but that's just shit.

And it might have only been 2-1 but I listened to the game. Argyle were outplayed at home by Torquay, during our best run in 3 years. Torquay missed several decent chances before we pulled one back so it could have been 3 or 4 nil at one stage. I know the aim of football is to score so the missed chances don't count for anything, but it still doesn't disguise the fact that we were pretty rubbish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Am I typing invisible print here? I have said several times now "yes the club got it wrong". Ok I can't keep saying it so lets take that as read shall we. But people also have to take some responsibility as well. They knew it would be crowded today. The size of the crowd did not warrant extra seating being available as they would not have filled them. We are supposed to be cost cutting and less seating area open means less Stewarding costs. If they could have filled that part of the ground then it would have been an error but they couldn't. Lets not pretend it was 20000 today it was just under 13000. You cannot turn up with 15 minutes to go in thousands all at once and expect to walk in anywhere else so why should Home Park be different. I will ask again. Was anyone refused entry or was it that they just could not be bothered to wait. My money is on the later.

In answer to the basing of my opinion on one man the answer is no I haven't but just used one as an example. Argyle supporters love to moan a lot in general and I have spoken to many over a very long time. Stay away people who pretend to want to support the club as well. They never intended to go and just used the steriotypical plymouth response of Argyle being rubbish without ever having seen it as their reason. I have taken part in numerous consultation exercises in this City over a number of years and you have to set fire to some peoples houses to get them to come out and give a vote or state an opinion on anything. Plymouth people are lethargic about almost everything unless forced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Am I typing invisible print here?

Sorry SG, did you type something then ?

And yes Jock, I saw a group of about ten people directed from the Lynhurst up to the Mayflower at abot 2.50pm. I told them they were on a hiding to nothing, the stewards didn't know what they were talking about, and to queue at the Lyndhurst. As always, I was right. I saw one of them later in the ground... they had of course been sent back down to the Lyndhurst and got in at 3.15pm .... not very happy bunnies. He saw many folk going home in a grump. I nearly did myself, only my brother stopped me from giving up and popping down to my allotment instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Fork 'andles or just the two?

Make sure you bring the Vaseline, apparently the lime flavour is quite nice if you want to y'know afterwards.

Very Happy

Whatever rocks your boat - I'll take your word for that .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:21 pm

greenjock wrote:
Oh well Greengenes didn't fancy commenting on the Pasoti behaviour I see. Funny how he's so quick to criticise this site every other day.

Er - you'll have to explain that . What Pasoti behaviour are you referring to ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Freathy wrote:
We are nowhere near good enough for this division. And I bet we sign f*** all this month. Trust in stapes brent.

How much do you want the bet to be ? I'll take it . You decide on the amount .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:53 pm

greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:
Oh well Greengenes didn't fancy commenting on the Pasoti behaviour I see. Funny how he's so quick to criticise this site every other day.

Er - you'll have to explain that . What Pasoti behaviour are you referring to ?

Sorry GG I just assumed you had read the posts on here referring to it. I copied the link to Exeweb that is on here called Anyone seen STURTZ, and posted in on Pasoti with the title funny but depressing. That was all it had in the whole post and it was first moved and then deleted and then I was banned for mod abuse. Yet Argyle iggy has posted the exact same thread and it is fine to be in terraces on Pasoti, and Mr Ian Newell has said that I am banned for linking to a libellous website, yet Argyleiggy's exact same thread is not linked to a libellous website and Mr Newell is always up for banter and it is now in terraces.

And you wonder why this site mentions Pasoti so often? Its because of the dictatorial behaviour of a select few people who control and moderate the site, that Argyle fans on this site are generally disgusted with the way certain people who express an alternative view to Mr Newell and his band of merry men, and want other people to be made aware of the actions of the little gang on there.

I happen to like your posts Greengene and like the fact that you try to bridge the gap between the two sites, but this was a downright lie by Ian Newell to say I linked to a libellous website, when my post was exactly the same as Argyleiggys. If your face doesn't fit on Pasoti you're not welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:24 am

Greengenes is clearly an official "emissary" for Pasoti,in fact it wouldn't surprise me if agent Greengenes was acting under orders from his General Newell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Greengenes is clearly an official "emissary" for Pasoti,in fact it wouldn't surprise me if agent Greengenes was acting under orders from his General Newell.

Absolute and complete and utter rubbish . I am my own man and always will be . I take instructions from absoluely no one .

Believe me or call me a liar .

Sorry but if you knew me you would know how stupid your suggestion is . meet me sometime and lets talk .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:31 am

greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Absolute and complete and utter rubbish . I am my own man and always will be . I take instructions from absoluely no one .

Believe me or call me a liar .

Sorry but if you knew me you would know how stupid your suggestion is . meet me sometime and lets talk .

So what is your view on my banning from Pasoti then Greengenes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 am

I'll check in the morning to see if you're still your own man Greengenes. Goodnight.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 am

I see El Presidente hasn't turned up to explain the problems in his official capacity as hospitality king of Gnome Park.

Easy win for the Turks I heard despite the closeness of the score and what has happened to super businessman Brent that he can't organise getting all the bun fighters into the bakery ?

Hey, maybe El Presidente has kept all his Ultras behind to practice and he will be along later.

Turning into a bit of a dogfight down there at the bottom now, Dagenham and Hereford finding a bit of form, good job Northampton are as bad as you lot, seems you might have problems when you come up against sides that aren't bona fide bottom feeders.

So how many of today's bumper crop of plastics do you all think will be back next time ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 am

Not many will be back. You see as good a standard locally for 4 quid entrance fee. As for Webb , he maybe good at his day job as a union man. But he knows jack all about football, just offers blind optimism which is now starting to make him look pathetic. I once thought argyle owed him a great debt for the role he played in the survival of the club. But he is ruining his reputation with the bull shit he comes out with. I guess now its all about football and not fighting business men he is being found out.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 am

The realisation of almost certain relegation is beginning to hit home big time for quite a few accept of course the soon to be dwindling number of Avivas who trust in brent and seem happy to see Argyle as a non-league side. Although they don't realise exactly what relegation to non-league oblivion would actually mean...."At least we'll still have Argo to support" oh really? Not for long you won't!

As for yesterday's crowd, they came in hope of not seeing yet another inept, piss poor 'performance' from easliy the worst side in L2. They won't be back. Argyle are completely incapable of getting out of the L2 relegation zone and no-one really expects to see any significant additions to the squad, just players leaving will be the main transfer activity. It's sub 6,000 crowds from now on until the relegation party in April/May.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:07 am

punchdrunk wrote:

Silly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:11 am

Freathy wrote:
The realisation of almost certain relegation is beginning to hit home big time for quite a few accept of course the soon to be dwindling number of Avivas who trust in brent and seem happy to see Argyle as a non-league side. Although they don't realise exactly what relegation to non-league oblivion would actually mean...."At least we'll still have Argo to support" oh really? Not for long you won't!

As for yesterday's crowd, they came in hope of not seeing yet another inept, piss poor 'performance' from easliy the worst side in L2. They won't be back. Argyle are completely incapable of getting out of the L2 relegation zone and no-one really expects to see any significant additions to the squad, just players leaving will be the main transfer activity. It's sub 6,000 crowds from now on until the relegation party in April/May.

I once knew someone who had been a teacher. He said that advice from a lecturer when he qualified was along the lines - "Decide on what your teaching style will be when you start in the profession and never waver from it - in that way you will be right twice in your career." I am beginning to see your posts in the same way. Fun, (if I may use that word with regard to your musings), but unvarying.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:16 am

Got to the ground about 1430,to be confronted with queues here, there and everywhere. Took the advise of a steward and headed for the 'less busy' 15,16, 17 and 18 turnstyles. It appeared at least two were closed. Joined a queue waited and at 2.55pm a third turnstyle was opened Very Happy (as a result of stewards panicking). Got into a seat just after kick off, with more coming in up to 1510.

Fairly even first half, although Torquay had two good headers from corners. Argyle had a coupleof poor long shots (fromHourihane and Walton).

Second half started and Torquay dominated. Argyle were constantly making mistakes so never had any good possession. Torquay's first was from a dubious free kick and it appeared as if a couple of Argyle players slipped in the box, before the Gulls took the lead.The seconm goal was a good move by O'Kane and started from a Torquay throw in near our penalty area- it could have been avoided if Sutherland had marked O'Kane, and if someone had closed him down after the throw was taken- easy run into the box,good lay back to Mansell then goal. Argyle looked like their heads had dropped and continued the mistake ridden style. Unexpectedly Argyle pulled a goal back and then had about 6 corners as they pressed for an equaliser- none were threatening as Torquay had 3 or 4 players above 6 foot (Argyle had none)- strange why Soukhana wasn't brought on during this period?

The midfield, was poor. Hourihane seems to think he's Liam Brady. Unfortunately he's not and is a shit League 2 footballer. Him and Walton would either play poor passes (usually chipped lobs into the box for our two midgets) or hit terrible long shots. Hemmings looks flashy but has no end product whatsoever. Young was ok, but needs to look up and try and go forward rather then pass back 99% of the time. Feeney battled, but Sutherland looked weak (made some good runs [but no one intelligent enough to play the ball early to him]).

Suprisingly Berry looked good and made 3 or 4 decent tackles/ interceptions.

I caught part of some James Brent pre-match announcement and the announcer said that new players would join in January.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:25 am

FM, that's just a typical dumb Newellism. He trots it out once a week when he's in a corner.
Same old negative slapstick description of those that hold an opposite view. Hardly well thought out, just swinging a mace.
Typical of what they have always taught in most state schools ... never give any of the teachers or pupils any self respect, teach them only to take orders.
Your teacher's witicism, if I can call it that, also infers this ... he that controls the clock is always right, everyone else can do one.

The reasons Freathy's views have not changed this last 4 years is because the world of Argyle has not changed. Opinion is only an arbiter of what we see in front of us. Don't blame the fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:59 am

penzancepirate wrote:
FM, that's just a typical dumb Newellism. He trots it out once a week when he's in a corner.
Same old negative slapstick description of those that hold an opposite view. Hardly well thought out, just swinging a mace.
Typical of what they have always taught in most state schools ... never give any of the teachers or pupils any self respect, teach them only to take orders.
Your teacher's witicism, if I can call it that, also infers this ... he that controls the clock is always right, everyone else can do one.

The reasons Freathy's views have not changed this last 4 years is because the world of Argyle has not changed. Opinion is only an arbiter of what we see in front of us. Don't blame the fans.

Without getting into a discussion of most state education - (one day ...... I mostly agree with you about that) - I just happen to think that the world as well as Argyle's demise aren't made up of unremitting blackness. There are always shades of grey - and maybe even some white and green - that need expressing. Otherwise, what's the point? I long for the day when Freathy's comments flicker a little with sunshine and he cavorts through the meadow singing paeans of praise to the world around him, spreading joy and happiness wherever he goes. To continually focus on all that's wrong is just swinging the very same mace you refer to.

I also agree with your comment about not blaming the fans. I'm not. I was making a comment about a poster's preferred style.

And as for accusing me of being a Newell clone ..... pedantic & boring I may be but that's a bit much, sir.

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 am

Think some of the comment about Freathy are a bit harsh. I distinctly remember him predicting that we'd beat Norwich at home a few years back. We lost 2-1. Once bitten...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:22 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Why is nobody in authority at the club addressing these issues

At a guess, it would be because there's nobody in authority at the moment. Ridsdale got shot of most of the people who knew what they were doing, then left himself. In terms of the nuts and bolts of running the club, there's a massive hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3