Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brent's new board

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:05 am

So does anybody know exactly when we will have a new board of directors in place capable of making proper decisions for this football club?

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:17 am

To the question?. No.

To the implication that by extension 'improper' decisions are presently being made?, evidence please?.

We need a board of directors, undoubtedly, i'm sure there's a time limit to forming a properly constituted board and i'm sure someone more proficient in company law will tell us. In the menatime however I don't see a major drama, departmental managers are in place and a chain of command clearly exists between the football and money departments or Purse & Chadders wouldn't have been able to be signed.

We need a board to set LONG TERM strategic direction but in terms of day to day management it's all there. Of more significance to WHEN this board is formed is from whom the board is formed of course!.
Back to top Go down

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:22 am

X Isle wrote:
To the question?. No.

To the implication that by extension 'improper' decisions are presently being made?, evidence please?.

We need a board of directors, undoubtedly, i'm sure there's a time limit to forming a properly constituted board and i'm sure someone more proficient in company law will tell us. In the menatime however I don't see a major drama, departmental managers are in place and a chain of command clearly exists between the football and money departments or Purse & Chadders wouldn't have been able to be signed.

We need a board to set LONG TERM strategic direction but in terms of day to day management it's all there. Of more significance to WHEN this board is formed is from whom the board is formed of course!.

What?

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat? Do you see conspiracy everywhere? When the woman in Tesco tells you they have sold out of something, do you immediately think she's only saying that because she doesn't want to sell it to you?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:32 am

I wouldn't say improper decisions are being made, but I would disagree with X on the matter of everything running smoothly. As I understand it, departmental managers are not all in place, and there's a gaping hole where a chief executive or similar should be. Loads of staff went during administration, whether through redundancy or because they couldn't cope without wages anymore, and the place really does feel empty. As a result, people are being left to make decisions without leadership, and it's only because of their commitment that nothing serious has gone wrong. Yet.

Yes, it's about time we had a board of directors to do the medium and long term strategic stuff, but what we really need in the immediate future is a designated day to day leader who understands the complexities of running a professional football club.
Back to top Go down

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 am

mr durnford ?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 am

Peggy wrote:
I wouldn't say improper decisions are being made, but I would disagree with X on the matter of everything running smoothly. As I understand it, departmental managers are not all in place, and there's a gaping hole where a chief executive or similar should be. Loads of staff went during administration, whether through redundancy or because they couldn't cope without wages anymore, and the place really does feel empty. As a result, people are being left to make decisions without leadership, and it's only because of their commitment that nothing serious has gone wrong. Yet.

Yes, it's about time we had a board of directors to do the medium and long term strategic stuff, but what we really need in the immediate future is a designated day to day leader who understands the complexities of running a professional football club.

Totally agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 am

Peter Jones plus that geezer from the uni, plus some Citibank droids programmed to give Brent the majority vote on everything.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
X Isle

X Isle

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:02 am

Peggy wrote:

A club needs strategic direction I agreed with that. But that just shapes the long term, in the short term (and it won't be for long) there ARE managers in place. The football manager manages the football team, the catering manager manages the kitchens and hospitality, the retail manager manages the ticket and shop sales and there's a secretary to tie up the administration. In every concievable department the club can demonstrably run itself, what it lacks is an accountable overseeer and it'll have one soon.

Still don't see there's a problem here and I still consider the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth to be just as much a knee jerk worrypuss reaction as calling for the managers head every five seconds. The process was put in place last year to head hunt the right man/woman so what are you asking for now?, rip up that process and just appoint someone for the sake of expediency?, for the sake of appearances?. No, we want the right person to do the best possible job. JB's companies are run well, his decisions are thought through not fired from the hip as the worriers would rather.

On Cerbs point the obvious extension of a call for proper decisions to be made is that presently improper or incorrect ones are. Nothing conspiracy theory about that at all, that's the laws of the English language.
Back to top Go down

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 am

It was tongue in cheek you know!

I don't think there is anything improper going on, but I do think there needs to be a leadership put in asap. To use a shipping analogy, the good ship PAFC is sailing around the world with no officers aboard.
Back to top Go down

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 am

X Isle wrote:
Peggy wrote:

A club needs strategic direction I agreed with that. But that just shapes the long term, in the short term (and it won't be for long) there ARE managers in place. The football manager manages the football team, the catering manager manages the kitchens and hospitality, the retail manager manages the ticket and shop sales and there's a secretary to tie up the administration. In every concievable department the club can demonstrably run itself, what it lacks is an accountable overseeer and it'll have one soon.

Still don't see there's a problem here and I still consider the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth to be just as much a knee jerk worrypuss reaction as calling for the managers head every five seconds. The process was put in place last year to head hunt the right man/woman so what are you asking for now?, rip up that process and just appoint someone for the sake of expediency?, for the sake of appearances?. No, we want the right person to do the best possible job. JB's companies are run well, his decisions are thought through not fired from the hip as the worriers would rather.

On Cerbs point the obvious extension of a call for proper decisions to be made is that presently improper or incorrect ones are. Nothing conspiracy theory about that at all, that's the laws of the English language.

Really?? Name them?? Most of these people were made redundant by Peter Ridsdale, who was running the show before he skipped off somewhere he was going to be paid more money. Postey worked out I think that there was a secretary called Jamie who was running things. Its not only unfair to heap all this pressure on employees where it simply isn't part of their job description, its just not the way to run a business with an around £5-6 million turnover.

Just because nothing has gone wrong yet, it isn't a justification for not putting in a proper management structure PDQ.

I'm worried however that the football is going to take a backseat YET again, whilst JB fiddles about working out what he's going to build on the car park.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:47 am

I'm led to believe a former employee has been lobbying Mr Brent quite vigorously against appointing PJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brent's new board Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's new board   Brent's new board Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent's new board
Page 1 of 1