Czarcasm
Greenskin
X Isle
pepsipete
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Match sponsorship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm up for that GS and happy to put in a few bob for whatever is decided.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:43 pm

How about an Argyle v City golf day? to raise awareness and possibly a few bob for something like this Learning Disability and Football ?

Just an idea!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
How about an ATD golf day sometime?

Now you're talking.

Might also be interested in the sponsorship thing....
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:14 pm

What, like proper golf? I suppose I'd be up for driving the buggy that carries all the beers. Don't think I could afford the fines for damage to the course else
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:31 pm

GOB wrote:
How about an Argyle v City golf day? to raise awareness and possibly a few bob for something like this Learning Disability and Football ?

Just an idea!

How long do you want to stay on a golf coures,i'd be their all day on one hole.but would be up for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:39 pm

It would have to be for a laugh so nothing too serious, somewhere like Sparkwell? I play now and again but not in a serious way, I'm too crap for that!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:23 pm

GOB wrote:
It would have to be for a laugh so nothing too serious, somewhere like Sparkwell? I play now and again but not in a serious way, I'm too crap for that!

Sparkwell would be OK,or somewhere like Elfordleigh,who i think do a lot of bacon roll/coffee/round of golf type packages.Doesn't need to be too serious,i play off 14 but i'll slum it with anybody! lol!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

Sparkwell would be OK,or somewhere like Elfordleigh,who i think do a lot of bacon roll/coffee/round of golf type packages.Doesn't need to be too serious,i play off 14 but i'll slum it with anybody! lol!

Elfordleigh and China Fleet both do decent deals for societies - £20 odd quid for golf and Ham, egg and chips. Sparkwell don't, but I'm a member there, so I can find out if they'd be prepared to do something.

I'm off 17 Greenie, so happy to play for £10 a hole cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Pitch & putt at Central Park was a summer option when I was in the 6th form (hundreds of years ago). I used to always get onto the green in one or two. It then took me at least four - and sometimes much more - to get the ball into the little hole that they so helpfully made far too small for me. My golfing days are over.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:25 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

Elfordleigh and China Fleet both do decent deals for societies - £20 odd quid for golf and Ham, egg and chips. Sparkwell don't, but I'm a member there, so I can find out if they'd be prepared to do something.

I'm off 17 Greenie, so happy to play for £10 a hole cheers

No problem.Actually,i think Sparkwell may be the best bet,Elfordleigh and China Fleet are pretty tough courses for people who don't play regularly-Sparkwell isn't easy by any means but a bit easier to walk than the others-do they supply buggies at Sparkwell-can't remember ever seeing any there.Having said that,i played at Sparkers a few weeks ago and it was very damp,doubt if buggies would be allowed anyway.If you could make some enquiries,that would be terrific-if no go,we can always explore elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:08 pm

No buggies at Sparkwell, and yes, it is very wet at the moment.

I'll see what I can do about a society day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:16 pm

What a bunch of Avivas .
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:20 pm

greengenes wrote:
What a bunch of Avivas .

I quite agree.Plympton Pilgrim is only doing this because he wants a car parking space at Sparkwell. lol!

You up for a round?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Careful folks, some of this is sounding positively positive. Where's the "NO IT'LL NEVER WORK" "OVER MY DEAD BODY" attitude gone? Besides, if you get more posters, they cant all be as cynical and bitter as some of you on here, can they? affraid

OFF TOPIC: Love the new Front page picture. THE BEST ARGYLE SHIRT ever. Don't miss the pic of my and my boy. tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:25 pm

cant play golf but i could play some tunes when you come off the course Laughing or i could bring out the bacon rolls although there wont be many left by the time i get out to you. just had an idea could set up xbox kinect in the bar with a golf game for those who cant play dont like walking or just wanna drink lots. Very Happy

Last edited by argyledj on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:27 pm

shonbo wrote:
Careful folks, some of this is sounding positively positive. Where's the "NO IT'LL NEVER WORK" "OVER MY DEAD BODY" attitude gone? Besides, if you get more posters, they cant all be as cynical and bitter as some of you on here, can they? affraid

OFF TOPIC: Love the new Front page picture. THE BEST ARGYLE SHIRT ever. Don't miss the pic of my and my boy. tongue tongue

Bleddy 'opeless,people on 'ere.Whatever reason could they have for feeling cynical and bitter about a club that slides from 4th place in the CCC to 91st in the football league? Or about the biggest city in the country not to have staged top flight football? Curmudgeons we are,all of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 pm

If you sponsor something at HP it would be interesting to meet you all .
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Greenskin
I don't think we slid from fourth, we more kind of bounced up for half a season. Look back at history. Low div 2, pretty good div 3. Yes this is lower than we've been for ooh 15 years. Looking at your age, theirs one year apart between us and most of that time has been div 2 & 3. (proper divs)

This is what we do. We've done it for the lat 125 years. Local business guys doing the same thing getting the same results. We tried doing something different and got burnt.

I don't see how anyone supporting Argyle could be cynical about local folks trying to support the club. For most of that time, we've been higher than where we are now.

When did you start becoming cynical?

Cheers
Mike Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:49 pm

greengenes wrote:

What even a few City fans ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm

downthetrack wrote:
greengenes wrote:

What even a few City fans ?

Why not ?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:53 pm

More worrying still my son has applied to Exeter Uni What a Face

He tells me so he can get to Argyle easier cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Will you all be wearing sack cloth and ashes and moping about muttering " we're doomed everything is shit pasoti pasoti pasoti pasoti pasoti ...."?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 pm

greengenes wrote:
Will you all be wearing sack cloth and ashes and moping about muttering " we're doomed everything is shit pasoti pasoti pasoti pasoti pasoti ...."?

What a great Forze Verde flag that will be
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Bleddy 'ell bheys, this is all getting a bit 'Social Network' innit!!? lol!

I'll happily bung a few quid at anything that's decided. jocolor
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:39 am

Me too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match sponsorship   Match sponsorship - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Match sponsorship
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next