Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which former player would you bring back to Argyle?

Go down 
+6
shonbo
Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
125+1
swampy
Nick
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Which former player would you bring back to Argyle? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which former player would you bring back to Argyle?   Which former player would you bring back to Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Mike Bickle and Frank Lord for their personalities and not too small a skill. Alan Welsh for his trickery, Johnny Newman and Hore, and Duncan Neale for defenders who don't give you a bean, a Steve Castle or Ernie Machin in midfield, Paul Dalton as out and out entertainment in a Waddle sort of way, Trigger at this level was unplayable even though he couldn't score for toffee, and Pat Dunne in goal. I wouldn't rate Pat against Shilton at his best with Forest and England, but he was by far the best keeper I have seen in an Agyle shirt. Chuck Norris also.
Bill Short gets an honorable mention for being THE most abnoxious landlord the world has ever seen at the Golden Hind, What a misery, ask Hinches Legs, he should know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which former player would you bring back to Argyle?   Which former player would you bring back to Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm

So it's official, funny man likes hoofball..................

Lets be honest there is a full first 11 and a team of reserves we would give an arm and leg for now from the past. Mind you if we had them we wouldn't be in the position we are would we and the question would never arise.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Which former player would you bring back to Argyle?   Which former player would you bring back to Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:47 pm

A question for one or two of the more senior posters here. In my 30 years of trouble and strife watching Argyle, that Shilton team of the early 90's was for me, by a country mile, the most entertaining to watch.

As a team, were there any teams (as a whole) that matched or surpassed them for entertainment from the 50's 60's or 70's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which former player would you bring back to Argyle?   Which former player would you bring back to Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Not in my opinion if you are asking for a side that played together and isn't a mish mash of previous players. They so nearly nearly got there and it was good to be a pilgrim then. Even the twin promotion side of much later would be hard pressed to be considered better despite the success.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which former player would you bring back to Argyle?   Which former player would you bring back to Argyle? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which former player would you bring back to Argyle?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2