Tgwu
Freathy
AstiSpumante
mouldyoldgoat
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC
Yes
Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
No
Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 Vote_lcap95%Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 95% [ 78 ]
Total Votes : 82

AuthorMessage

Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Not nice to see a witch hunt. ATD doesn't have to speak as a collective, but it is alarming to see that nearly 50 have voted and all except 2 think it is time for a change.

Sadly at this post NWO democratic club which was meant to be all about the fans, honesty and transparency, it is only James Brent's opinion that seems to count on the matter.

Oh FFS. Look at the whole purpose of the thread - then LOL at the irony! Razz

Webby sticks his head above the parapet with his hypocritical words and the less said about his deeds the better.

Some posters should be entitled to cast their vote privately without being drawn up on a list of suspects. I'd like to think that isn't what this site is about, or how it ought to be perceived by neutrals.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 5:47 pm

ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Not nice to see a witch hunt. ATD doesn't have to speak as a collective, but it is alarming to see that nearly 50 have voted and all except 2 think it is time for a change.

Sadly at this post NWO democratic club which was meant to be all about the fans, honesty and transparency, it is only James Brent's opinion that seems to count on the matter.

Oh FFS. Look at the whole purpose of the thread - then LOL at the irony! Razz

Webby sticks his head above the parapet with his hypocritical words and the less said about his deeds the better.

Some posters should be entitled to cast their vote privately without being drawn up on a list of suspects. I'd like to think that isn't what this site is about, or how it ought to be perceived by neutrals.

Some people perceive things far too seriously. If you haven't looked at the list and picked out one or two names, then I bow to your supreme decency. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Elias wrote:
Up to the individual to cast as see fit spare us the witch hunt !

Lighten up. Just a bit of speculative fun.

Tighten up surely....mm lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:42 pm

TBH - don't care really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:59 pm

Pity there wasn't a " who gives a feck button"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:08 pm

Does the club even need a President?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It doesn't matter who voted yes. This is ATD. You can vote however you want.
Using my multi on here, I was able to vote both ways lol! popcorn
Back to top Go down
LeoHoward

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:54 pm

No, a total embarrassment.Go now Webb!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Keebored warriorz the lot ov you.

Says the man behind the Johnshez1 account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Graiser wrote:
Pity there wasn't  a " who gives a  feck button"

There was a "who gives a feck button". Basically, it consisted of don't cast your vote.  
Now you know how many of us "none of the above" feel under the Westminster democratic system. No such button of course,but maybe you don't mind that scenario.Laughing  
"You're either with us, or against us." said Bush Jr. What George says is good enough for ATD, wouldn't you say ?

Rollo will be along in a minute telling me I'm getting all political.

Homeslice has a point. I personally believe the President thing harks back to long gone days. And Webb certainly doesn't fit any honourable role I can think of. That's the last thing he is.
My grandfather was a "president" of a small non league football club back in the 60s and 70s, and what a gent he was. It was an old fashioned honour then. The world has changed. Unless there is a pressing need, or an outstanding individual ( to quote Jimmy ), ditch the role. Romain deserves better in any case.

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Does the club even need a President?

Absolutely not. Its an gifted title bestowed on someone of high regard at a club it means nothing other than a gesture of goodwill only.
Its not a title that has any really meaning and its not one that has any power either.
Seeing as Chris has done nothing but bring a the honorary position into distribute he should have had it taken off him long before now. Someone like Larrieu or sturrock for examples there are others of course are a more fitting person to be given a title like that as they would have done something to earn it. The whole 4 year term thing is redundant with a honorary title imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Basically a football club pres is a diplomatic role. Can anyone honestly say Webb is a diplomat ?
Can you imagine some Foreign office diplomat trying to calm bubbling war in Moscow, while he's dogging some politburo wife ? Only in feudal village Plymouth. Foxhole is more advanced.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Lets face it not many clubs would have such disgusting characters as porky and wife stealer involved as high up as those two currently are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Pity there wasn't  a " who gives a  feck button"

There was a "who gives a feck button". Basically, it consisted of don't cast your vote.  
Now you know how many of us "none of the above" feel under the Westminster democratic system. No such button of course,but maybe you don't mind that scenario.Laughing  
"You're either with us, or against us." said Bush Jr. What George says is good enough for ATD, wouldn't you say ?

Rollo will be along in a minute telling me I'm getting all political. .

Disagree with that comment.
Under our country's democratic system it's not as straight forward as that, some vote for a person to be their MP, some vote for the Party of their choice and those who don't vote end up getting somebody they either want of don't want, so not a question of "who gives a feck" in that scenario because we all have to "give a feck"

However my comment is referring to "does it matter who is the President of our great club"
Has it been detrimental or favourable having Webb, Clifford Crook etc as a president of our club.
I've not particularly noticed in my 50 odd years of supporting Argyle any impact from any president.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 pm

So, why not give us all the choice "None of the above"  just like the one you want ATD to give you over the pres thing ? You can't have it both ways on my planet, or I'll clap you in irons.
I can't see an answer of yours there Graiser, but no big deal. It's an emotive issue and worldwide problem with "democratic voting". Saddam once got 99.9% of the vote. Wait 'til we're presented with the EU in or out question. What a hoot that will be. Tisdale will be back foreshore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Basically a football club pres is a diplomatic role. Can anyone honestly say Webb is a diplomat ?
Can you imagine some Foreign office diplomat trying to calm bubbling war in Moscow, while he's dogging some politburo wife ? Only in feudal village Plymouth. Foxhole is more advanced.

basically its not its like i said a meaningless title thats given out as a goodwill gesture. it holds no real power or stroke at all.....unless your names chris webb who believes he is a real one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Angry wrote:

basically its not its like i said a meaningless title thats given out as a goodwill gesture. it holds no real power or stroke at all.....unless your names chris webb who believes he is a real one.

So, Angry, could you enlighten me why the huntin' and shootin' " Duke of Headinitinbro."  was the President of the World Wildlife Fund ?
Sounds like power bollux to me, but maybe I'm just a naive Devon dumplin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Angry wrote:

So, Angry, could you enlighten me why the huntin' and shootin' " Duke of Headinitinbro."  was the President of the World Wildlife Fund ?
Sounds like power bollux to me, but maybe I'm just a naive Devon dumplin.

keep it football please thankyou
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm keeping it to the + and -  of the old fashioned role of honourary El Pres in our contemporary Western European society, including Webbo's , and more importantly, Brent's, Argyle nonsense, if you don't mind, Angers.
It's all part of the PAFC debate, which probably involves football. It isn't just who is the bangle/lanyard holder, it's also whether the role has value anymore, and if so, whether it should be an elected position, as has been expressed elsewhere with much consternation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
I'm keeping it to the + and -  of the old fashioned role of honourary El Pres in our contemporary Western European society, including Webbo's , and more importantly, Brent's, Argyle nonsense, if you don't mind, Angers.
It's all part of the PAFC debate, which probably involves football. It isn't just who is the bangle/lanyard holder, it's also whether the role has value anymore, and if so, whether it should be an elected position, as has been expressed elsewhere with much consternation.

as i suspected more of your political claptrap that is nothing to do with the point.
Back to top Go down
LeoHoward

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Fifty three posters on this forum don't want webb as president, lets hope mr Brent takes notice of this democratic forum, not those that hate democracy on one owner one vote forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:45 pm

LeoHoward wrote:
Fifty three posters on this forum don't want webb as president, lets hope mr Brent takes notice of this democratic forum, not those that hate democracy on one owner one vote forums.

i saw a poll on twitter that had 53 posters who wanted a blowjob of rita ora. there is a far better chance of rita performing her democratic duty there than there is of brent ever listening to the real fans that arent nools mates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

as i suspected more of your political claptrap that is nothing to do with the point.

Angry. You're too kind Laughing
It's everything to do with the point. It's a pointless position, ripe for subliminal corruption. Take note of my comments regarding the possibility of a remunerative position. I can't say it any clearer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Angry wrote:
LeoHoward wrote:

i saw a poll on twitter that had 53 posters who wanted a blowjob of rita ora. there is a far better chance of rita performing her democratic duty there than there is of brent ever listening to the real fans that arent nools mates.

Definitely just a yes or no response for Rita
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Brilliant distraction by JB & co again. Poor The Webb is being victimised by freaks and weirdos while JB isn't even asked how much his pension pot is taking out of PAFC each month. FFS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC   Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you want Chris Webb to remain as President of PAFC
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next