Go down 
+3
RegGreen
ConDeLaCreme
Les Miserable
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan Empty
PostSubject: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 6:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pafc.co.uk wrote:
The Argyle midfielder has found first-team opportunities hard to come by this season, making just five appearances from the bench. This has been largely thanks to the form of loanee Hiram Boateng; the switch of Carl McHugh to midfield; the arrival of Josh Simpson; and the emergence of Oscar Threlkeld.

Lee joined Argyle on a permanent basis in summer 2014, and made 37 appearances last season - 12 as substitute. This followed an impressive loan spell in February and March 2013, when Lee's 10-game spell at the start of John Sheridan's reign as manager was important in Argyle successful survival bid that season.

He joins Stevenage until January 10, a week before the Pilgrims face Boro at Home Park in Sky Bet League 2

not sure i see the logic of letting him go right now iven the injuries and size of squad but he is better off going somewhere and getting some actual football under his belt which might help his chances here or earning a new deal elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Obviously Adams had a problem with him, either as a player or as a person but this is a bad move for us imo, with injuries, suspensions and matches coming thick and fast over the Christmas and New Year we can ill afford to weaken an already threadbare squad. Can't blame him for wanting away given the lack of opportunities he's been afforded. Not happy about this.
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 6:42 pm

I don't think this is totally down to Adams.

Probably Brent wanting to lighten the wage bill after the addition of two new players. Bit of a shame that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 6:55 pm

I think it's an Adams decision, bugger he's hardly had a look in all season, what does that tell you ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if we have incoming tonight
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Graiser wrote:
I think it's an Adams decision, bugger he's hardly had a look in all season, what does that tell you ?

But we have a paper-thin squad, with Boateng who plays in Cox's position out injured. (And possibly Threlkeld??)
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Not a big fan of cox but this dont make sense with the squad paper thin at the moment..hmmmm!! Somethinks not rite
Here
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Maybe jimmys sanctioned off loading cox wages for a couple of teenage cheap loans is the more likely
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Graiser wrote:
Bleedy hell some real ''samaritan cases'' on tonight. He was the 7th member of the subs and, whatever the reason, was not going to feature under DA. I'm certain that Cox will be off in Jan thus freeing up wages for new contracts and new player(s). I have complete faith in DA so how about we let him get on with it. However - was that you Graiser buying boots in Trago earlier? laugh
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Disappointing, a decent ball winning midfielder who should've played more often this season IMO, not fancied by Del bhey but maybe also a pre-condition from Brent before sanctioning the two loan signings last week. Replacing our own players with short term loans is bollocks and worrying for long term squad stability, remember what happened last season when all the loanees fecked off after Christmas ?  I fear we could be about to make the same mistake. Brent's Argyle FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 9:47 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Maybe jimmys sanctioned off loading cox wages for a couple of teenage cheap loans is the more likely

i do recall this was the case with darren purse...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Makes no sense. Cox is a good player FFS, and guess what? He plays in the position we have a chronic shortage in right now - defensive midfield!

Has not been given a fair chance by DA, IMO.

However Adams is a genius, so in his judgement I trust.

If he's getting loans in, he needs to make sure they are better than what Cox would have been. In recent experience, with the likes of Gethin Jones etc., I'm not so confident that is always the case.

Cox was dropped and hardly used again by Sheridan, so at least Adams is not alone in his thoughts on the player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 10:18 am

loan window is closed until january which makes letting lee leave even more silly given the injuries, suspensions and squad size now. Better off letting one of the young kids del bhey never plays go out on loan.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 10:39 am

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Wasn't the Purse departure also due to Cox of another type laugh
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham explains why he snapped up Argyle's Lee Cox on loan

STEVENAGE manager Teddy Sheringham believes on-loan Plymouth Argyle midfielder Lee Cox will be a 'good acquisition' for his squad.

Cox, 25, could make his debut for Boro in their home game against Morecambe at Broadhall Way on Saturday.

He completed his move to Stevenage on Thursday, shortly before the deadline for 'emergency loan' signings.

Cox, who had been limited to only five substitute appearances at Argyle this season, will stay with the Hertfordshire club until January.

He was one of three loan signings made by Sheringham on Thursday, and his arrival followed a cruciate knee ligament injury to Steven Schumacher in the 2-1 win at Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night.

Former England striker Sheringham said: "We have been watching Lee for the last month and like what we have seen of him.

"It was apparent once Schuey got injured that we might need a bit more experience in there at some stage in the next six to seven weeks before we can do anything else.

"And Lee will definitely do something for us in there. He's an experienced player, he has played maybe 150 league games at different levels.

"He will be a good acquisition to have around the place as well."

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:37 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Wasn't the Purse departure also due to Cox of another type laugh
laugh good one there tiger
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:30 am

Jimmy's doing his best to make sure Argyle stay in the fourth Division, another Masterstroke!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan   Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan Empty

Back to top Go down

Lee cox joins Stevenage on loan
Page 1 of 1