Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?

Go down 
+12
Les Miserable
Mock Cuncher
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
Sir Francis Drake
RegGreen
Tringreen
pepsipete
green_genie
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? Empty
PostSubject: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 7 Dec - 19:40

............. to explain the sale of your best player when it happens ?

If he were me, which I thank the gods he isn't, I think I would use the old "Fans need to be real, we've got a debt bullet payment coming up"
There's gotta be quite a few excuses out there. ATD are offering a no nonsense 12 month contract for the excuse that best mimics the actual words when they get spoken.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 7 Dec - 20:00

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
............. to explain the sale of your best player when it happens ?

If he were me, which I thank the gods he isn't, I think I would use the old "Fans need to be real, we've got a debt bullet payment coming up"
There's gotta be quite a few excuses out there. ATD are offering a no nonsense 12 month contract for the excuse that best mimics the actual words when they get spoken.
We cant compete with Accrington and Newport thats why John sheriden has signed Carey and Reid. However improvements will be made to the Directors box rather than waste the money on new signings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 7 Dec - 21:39

Mercury is in retrograde?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 7 Dec - 22:27

Need to move players on before we can get some cheap substandard loan crap new players in

We need to cut our cloth accordingly (despite having one of the highest attendances in the division)

When a club like Portsmouth comes in for a player we're not in a position to stop him leaving

Just go brent
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 7 Dec - 22:35

"I'm only doing my job"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 7 Dec - 22:36

i didnt want to sell him nut del bhey told him he could go.

the old stapleton spin pretty much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 7 Dec - 22:36

i didnt want to sell him nut del bhey told him he could go.

the old stapleton spin pretty much
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 6:13

The Mrs wants her money back plus "commercial rate" interest.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 6:34

Dont bother with excuses, just take the money. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 6:41

"I didn't want Adams in the first place. My choice was Nathan Jones"
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 7:14

No doubt he will be supported[as always] by the bucket rattling sycophants, in the same way they supported Stapleton and co.

" Sell your best players then give a small percentage to Luggy to unearth some wee nuggets!"

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 7:38

Jimmys usual bum lickers spouting the same old excuses for the reluctant one..lord jim dont hand them freebies out for nothing you know
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 8:34

Sounds about right...................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 10:21

'Do you remember what happened to us when we overspent? Do you want that to happen again?'

'We need to sell our players to keep to our wage spending within budget. Even if that budget is about midtable in the League 2 on some of the largest attendances outside of the Championship'.

'Thank god we have James Brent in charge and not the likes of you'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 19:10

"Fans need to understand the power of the market. I fully support Derek Adams for the decisions he takes with the playing staff"
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 23:05

"He wanted to live somewhere further north (like Pompey) so that he could be nearer his family."

"We couldn't match the deal he was offered and, it's a very short and precarious career you know, just couldn't stand in his way."

"Every player has his price."

"Once a player decides he wants to leave there is little we can do."

"It's all Tudor Evans's fault."

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyTue 8 Dec - 23:19

'New year, new broom and all that.'

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyWed 9 Dec - 6:52

" Money is now coming out of London, but I sure as heck am not just handing it over to Graham Carey or Reuben Reid "
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyWed 9 Dec - 7:01

Its all british lands fault them peskey real developers .lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyWed 9 Dec - 7:41

"FFS, how am I supposed to cash in on all our best players in January, when it looks like most of them are still going to be on the treatment table!? Sort it out Derek!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyWed 9 Dec - 14:20

"It's about time some fans realised I'm running a debt colony, not a community indulgence. The fragant Mr Todd needs his money back with interest "
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyThu 10 Dec - 11:06

"When I took over I stated that I would run the club responsibly and financially prudently to ensure the future of Plymouth Argyle"
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyThu 10 Dec - 11:08

Or:

"With atrocious "land-management" policies financially incentivising farmers/landowners upland to CLEAR trees and foliage, you know, the sort of things which STORE water in the area for long periods rather than dumping it immediately downstream, this sort of thing will happen more and more."
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyThu 10 Dec - 14:14

Brent IS an excuse for a (decent, achieving) owner.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? EmptyMon 14 Dec - 0:36

I don't blame you for being suspicious, but would Brent really sell your best players in January in the current circumstances? If he gets silly money then maybe, but even if he wanted to sell for less I can't see that he would chance it - he's a politician in many ways and to do something like this would be political suicide with the fanbase, surely? Even Newell and Webb would have difficulty backing him if he pulled something like that.

Adams seems to have something about him - surely he would have had some assurances before taking the job?

I get why, but I suspect your panicking a little early nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?   So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, if you were Brent, what excuse would you use ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next