VillageGreen
Freathy
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Is the pitch not under guarantee? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:33 pm

I'd have a lot more respect for a manager that came out after a defeat and just said "we weren't good enough" or "they were better than us and deserved the win". FFS tighten up Adams.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:03 pm

Wasn't Algae a ventriloquists dummy?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:39 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Hartley not slipping might have gained us a point but it wouldn't have materially changed anything.

Perhaps I wasn't explicit enough in my last post but if the squad has been thinned out and the emphasis is on quality rather than quantity then that is fine is as far as it goes but this time last season with a squad based on quantity rather than quality (allegedly) we were still short.

Given that the number of players we have to start with is smaller this year than last ("quality" rather than "quantity" remember) then losing McCormick, Hartley, Boateng, Carey and Reid (and Simpson wasn't on the bench on Saturday so presumably him too) is little short of a full-blown crisis and last year's crisis ultimately cost us the chance of automatic promotion.

I think we're in a worse situation now than we were then and not significantly adding to the squad will result in another missed promotion shot.

And that's without potentially losing any of our star performers should they go in the next transfer window and I'm fairly certain that at least one probably will.

Everything about Adams suggests that he is savvy enough to know this with knobs on and that he is able to recruit players successfully; the big question is will he be enabled to do so?

I think we're on similar lines, I also believe Adams is a good manager, the puzzling thing for me about the squad is the loaning out of Cox and if we're to understand Adams thoughts correctly on the local "talent" we have, why a CH was never loaned in from the outset because losing Nelson or Hartley is a full blown crisis for the team

The Cox thing is a puzzle right enough. We've lost 2 central midfielders and we've seen how good Cox can be so letting him go rather than bunging him straight in the 1st XI is a strange one. There must be more to it than we know.

Or maybe Adams and Cox just don't get on? In which case it is always the player who has to go.

In some ways it's strangely reminiscent of the Purse departure. That made no sense at all until some time later at which point it became crystal clear as to why he left (whatever was said about it at the time).
Must be a joke in there somewhere what with Purse and cocks.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 am

Tell someone at hp to engage brain before conversing with the media.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:13 am

Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
There are no prizes for being top in November.

exactly

Wasn't suggesting there are but the question begged a comparison between Sheridan and Adams. On the data available so far, Adams is looking the better manager. Time will tell and if he proves not be that good, we'll no doubt bin him, like we did the distinctly average Sheridan.

I Just wanted to know why out of interest why shezza got the heat from fans and media for the factors i already mentioned before but del bhey isnt when the situations and factors are the virtually the same.

The abilities of both managers compared to one another doesnt interest me atm and can be discussed further down the lie.

Perhaps because Adams has only been in the job for 6 months, for most of which we've been moving forward following a standing start?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 10:12 am

Adams played the game right from the start, leading the gullible to proclaim him as the next Sir Alex. That helped, we'll see if Brents minders end up launching a campaign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 10:29 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

exactly

Wasn't suggesting there are but the question begged a comparison between Sheridan and Adams. On the data available so far, Adams is looking the better manager. Time will tell and if he proves not be that good, we'll no doubt bin him, like we did the distinctly average Sheridan.

Who managed to improve us year on year despite having his hands tied and who is now working wonders at Newport, yep, that's the fella.

I honestly don't get the lamenting over the passing of Sheridan's time as Argyle manager. He did a decent job but nothing spectacular. Will always be thankful to him for keeping us in the football league but the 2 seasons beyond that were simply ordinary - and I think the reason for that was as much about him as how he was backed.

Time will tell with Adams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

exactly

Who managed to improve us year on year despite having his hands tied and who is now working wonders at Newport, yep, that's the fella.

I honestly don't get the lamenting over the passing of Sheridan's time as Argyle manager. He did a decent job but nothing spectacular. Will always be thankful to him for keeping us in the football league but the 2 seasons beyond that were simply ordinary - and I think the reason for that was as much about him as how he was backed.

Time will tell with Adams.

nothing anyone says before the word but means anything
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

exactly

But we didn't bin Sheridan. He specifically asked for the remaining year of his contract to be cancelled, wanting to return back up North. (So he could work in South Wales) scratch

Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Safe to say it was a "conscious mutual uncoupling"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Safe to say it was a "conscious mutual uncoupling"
That happens a lot in our bedroom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United  match day thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Cambridge United match day thread
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7