Les Miserable
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Will get Brent get a fee? good luck to the lad it must be like ground hog day for him spending year after year in the fourth division.

We'll get a fee not a huge one though but enough for brent to stock up his drinks cabinet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
might explain why he looked so disinterested today and in other games. take the armband off him even if this rumour proves false.

We'll soon see how false or otherwise the rumour is. Have any of the usual suspects pooh poohed it yet?

I think that's unfair on Nelson's performance yesterday. I thought he was one of our better performers and he played a crucial part in the build-up to our goal.

I think he's a tremendous player and all round credit to the club. Arguably the best part of Pulis's legacy and certainly the most enduring. I'll be sad to see him go and hope that the rumour turns out to be false - I don't think it will though.

His slack attitude almost cost us a goal in the first half when he reacted slowly to a striker breaking free as his mind was elsewhere. He hasnt been that good this season for me.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:16 am

Spoke to somebody from the club(not a player) earlier this evening who was convinced he'd be gone by the end of the window, when I asked where he was very vague but he doesn't strike me as a fibber, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:04 am

It's difficult to see Nelse moving anywhere tbh.  A move to the CCC 2nd division would be bench warming whilst most 3rd division clubs would be a sideways move at best. That said it is Argyle and we do have history...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:27 am

he may aswell stay put and earn a promotion medal and play league one football with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:05 am

Angry wrote:
he may aswell stay put and earn a promotion medal and play league one football with us.

So should have Conor Hourihane, but he couldn't wait to jump ship.

I don't think Nelse will leave this window but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:29 am

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:

So should have Conor Hourihane, but he couldn't wait to jump ship.

I don't think Nelse will leave this window but you never know.

Not sure the 2 compare tbh. Didn't Conor have a couple years left on his contract? It could also be said the club wasn't going anywhere at the time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:34 am

If there was a priority list of players I'd want to see at Argyle beyond January, Nelson would only be about 5th, out of the first choice 11. He's good at this level, middling for League 1, but he'd struggle with the guile of Championship strikers.

The biggest issue for me would be if McHugh had to slot back in at centre-back. He has been a revelation in his def-mid role, so I hope Adams would look to replace Nels with a fresh signing.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:36 am

Angry wrote:

Agree with that, after all the shit he's seen since joining us he deserves a promotion and a chance to play in league 1 on an improved contract with Argyle. It would seem a strange time for any of our regular first teamers to want to leave, but if someone offered to double/treble your wage?......
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:46 am

Czarcasm wrote:
If there was a priority list of players I'd want to see at Argyle beyond January, Nelson would only be about 5th, out of the first choice 11. He's good at this level, middling for League 1, but he'd struggle with the guile of Championship strikers.

The biggest issue for me would be if McHugh had to slot back in at centre-back. He has been a revelation in his def-mid role, so I hope Adams would look to replace Nels with a fresh signing.

Can't argue against any of that.

He is replaceable and if he was to move on at least Del Bhey could select his own captain. Not that Nelse is particularly a bad choice, it just stank of the wrong reason to begin with (adding value to any potential sale ala Conor).
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:51 am

Is selling Nelson the Non investors way of rasing money for new loan signings? If this happens it will send out the same old message about Argyle being Tinpot.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:22 am

£400,000 absolute tops would you say......??
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:29 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Nowhere near that, Harv.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:30 am

Have you seen the price of algae treatment these days? GreenJim has no other option but to offload some of the family silver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:31 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

If he didnt have 6 months left on his contract and could walk for free in the summer you might be right but if he does go the fee wont be near that at all. Even the tribunal that will set a compo fee for him wont even be that either.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:47 am

Guys I did say "absolute tops"   bounce  bounce
Think we need to think slightly outside of the box and forget its Argyle. Any other club and we'd be agreeing yes 400k minumum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:59 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Think we need to think slightly outside of the box and forget its Argyle. Any other club and we'd be agreeing yes 400k minumum
Lose a zero and you're probably about right. He's not going to be here next season of that we can be certain
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Can't imagine any of them being on enough money to keep them, if other clubs come sniffing.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 1:10 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

He wouldn't be captain at any other club. He's been good for us and a player I'd be happy to keep but he isn't irreplaceable. Probably worth a higher wage but not much in the way of a transfer fee, certainly no more than the fee for Conor.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Lose a zero and you're probably about right. He's not going to be here next season of that we can be certain

40k.....?? You're having a larf and I'm being very polite Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:24 pm

The Nelson rumour not mentioned on commentary this afternoon despite a wild "McCormick to the MLS" (it is their closed season right now apart from anything else) one getting an airing.

Were I a cynical type I'd wonder why this didn't get mentioned especially when the object of the exercise was to knock the rumours repeated on their repective heads.

Very strange.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:32 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The Nelson rumour not mentioned on commentary this afternoon despite a wild "McCormick to the MLS" (it is their closed season right now apart from anything else) one getting an airing.

Were I a cynical type I'd wonder why this didn't get mentioned especially when the object of the exercise was to knock the rumours repeated on their repective heads.

Very strange.
As Freathy said - highly unlikely to get a visa or work permit thingy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:44 pm

tigertony wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Very strange.
As Freathy said - highly unlikely to get a visa or work permit thingy.

Depends on who you know. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Very strange.

It's not that strange these days Sir Frank. Pr has dragged itself onward and upward. They now copy the community wisting.
Misinformation, disinformation, no information, take your pick, all from the same mouths. Any self respecting business has the odd character passing out the bits to likes of Savage, Newell or the cat, as long as it has a social media outlet.
The club, and hence pasoti, will want to control whatever is "published" as best they can. It is interesting that the radio guy did the American McCormick thing. Drew Savage is well known as a fan/club/Pasoti sort and more in house than Errington, who, give him his due, wasn't that impressed with the so obvious plant on "proper BBC". All a bit reminiscent of Webb dissing Sheridan on radio. These days, if it feels a bit tacky, it's come from the club. Worse than the agents.

As for the Nelson thing, you're as likely to be led by the nose as anyone, given your "snitch" record in the past. It's not cynical, Frank, to think people lie. It's just part of animal communication. A bit like Rodney Marsh dropping a shoulder and passing you as if you don't exist. It's all perfectly legal, and part of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Very strange.

He would stand about better chance of being picked for England than he has getting a work permit with his criminal record which is too serious to let slide and forget... not that some argyle fans have a problem with that its worth noting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson rumour
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next