Les Miserable
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:36 pm

I doubt Luke would even be allowed into the US as a tourist, let alone get a work permit. I think the Yanks call it "moral turpitude" and it would be a pretty straight forward refusal.

Even in the UK, with EEA nationals having freedom of movement, a Pole or an Italian (or whoever) with a similar conviction would almost certainly be denied entry into the country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The Nelson rumour not mentioned on commentary this afternoon despite a wild "McCormick to the MLS" (it is their closed season right now apart from anything else) one getting an airing.

Were I a cynical type I'd wonder why this didn't get mentioned especially when the object of the exercise was to knock the rumours repeated on their repective heads.

Very strange.

It's not that strange these days Sir Frank. Pr has dragged itself onward and upward. They now copy the community wisting.
Misinformation, disinformation, no information, take your pick, all from the same mouths. Any self respecting business has the odd character passing out the bits to likes of Savage, Newell or the cat, as long as it has a social media outlet.
The club, and hence pasoti, will want to control whatever is "published" as best they can. It is interesting that the radio guy did the American McCormick thing. Drew Savage is well known as a fan/club/Pasoti sort and more in house than Errington, who, give him his due, wasn't that impressed with the so obvious plant on "proper BBC". All a bit reminiscent of Webb dissing Sheridan on radio. These days, if it feels a bit tacky, it's come from the club. Worse than the agents.

As for the Nelson thing, you're as likely to be led by the nose as anyone, given your "snitch" record in the past. It's not cynical, Frank, to think people lie. It's just part of animal communication. A bit like Rodney Marsh dropping a shoulder and passing you as if you don't exist. It's all perfectly legal, and part of the game.
Savage is most certainly not a pasoti bitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Well Hugh, I would suggest he was pandering to someone's wishes. Sounded as if the idea was to rubbish the whole rumour routine that goes on this time of year, with one weird rumour straight off the scale. A bit like when Sparks moans about moaners, short people, and fans that leave games early.
Agents are happy with rumours, so it would follow clubs officially aren't. Pasoti's Newell has also long wanted to stop any speculation about anything, anywhere, anytime, if not sanctioned by his adopted line manager.
As an old fashioned newspaper man, Errington just can't indulge in the same way as other more "loose" arrangements, and was miffed, I would say.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:50 pm

The Nelson thing may turn out to be untrue but I don't think it will. I'd be happy to stake a pint on it - put it that way.

I'd be happy to stake a brewery full of pints on the fact that I am not be being led by the nose on this one. I honestly can't think of a source for any rumour that I'd trust more than this.

I don't think any of the "controversial" (for want of a better word) predictions I have made so far have been proven to be incorrect and I don't think this one will but I'd much rather it was and I've praised Nelson many times on here in the past. As an Argyle player I love him to bits.

We'll see in due course.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Unless I've missed something, this Nelson thing isn't a 'prediction' by you, is it? It is something you were told by someone else that you've relayed on here, innit?

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:17 pm

Wotevs.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:18 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Well Hugh, I would suggest he was pandering to someone's wishes. Sounded as if the idea was to rubbish the whole rumour routine that goes on this time of year, with one weird rumour straight off the scale. A bit like when Sparks moans about moaners, short people, and fans that leave games early.
Agents are happy with rumours, so it would follow clubs officially aren't. Pasoti's Newell has also long wanted to stop any speculation about anything, anywhere, anytime, if not sanctioned by his adopted line manager.
As an old fashioned newspaper man, Errington just can't indulge in the same way as other more "loose" arrangements, and was miffed, I would say.
LB, you won't know this but he rubbished the rumour routine on Friday evening on his Facebook account, It wasn't because someone told him what to say, it was because he believed it to be tedious. Play the ball though not the man, it is bloody boring don't you agree? Harry Redknapp lying through the wound down his window of his merc on deadline day to wet reporters is all it amounts to, because no one really does any serious business in January. Well except us but that's another story for another day. Errington would of course disagree as a newspaperman because agents dropping them vague rumours that their clients are unhappy fills their pages.

Drew is ok, he's BBC through and through so he upholds the basic reithian if somewhat patrician ethics of it but he's never going to touch noolite pasoti and furthermore the Realpolitik of pafc with a bargepole. Why would he?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 3:02 am

Of course SFD you could be derided at the end of Jan and then proved right. Given the position the club is in it is not beneficial for either player or club for this to be confirmed in Jan. Announce post promotion with a "he was a great servant and deserves to be at a higher level" blah blah blah statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 am

I don't have a problem with Drew Savage, by the way. He's just about the best on offer radio-wise. In fact it was exactly because it was him doing it, that my ears pricked up. I don't expect mickey taking comments from someone like him, and saw him more as the straight laced Errington sort. The mucking about crap is  more Sparks' territory, when he wants to have a pop at his usual suspects.
And yes, rumours are boring, and to an extent, rather insulting of the great unwashed terraces. I have always been well aware of the disdain with which fans are held by many in the football industry, particularly the players.

Frank's nelson thing ( and Sir Frank is often right ) is just so opposite to virtually no comment at all on the Farm and reminds me of ATD back in the early days when falsehoods were deliberately planted on ATD by the likes of Nool. In fact he spread a couple of falsehoods purely to see who he couldn't trust in his rather small cabal, such was/is his paranoia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
LB, you won't know this but he rubbished the rumour routine on Friday evening on his Facebook account, It wasn't because someone told him what to say, it was because he believed it to be tedious. Play the ball though not the man, it is bloody boring don't you agree? Harry Redknapp lying through the wound down his window of his merc on deadline day to wet reporters is all it amounts to, because no one really does any serious business in January. Well except us but that's another story for another day. Errington would of course disagree as a newspaperman because agents dropping them vague rumours that their clients are unhappy fills their pages.

Drew is ok, he's BBC through and through so he upholds the basic reithian if somewhat patrician ethics of it but he's never going to touch noolite pasoti and furthermore the Realpolitik of pafc with a bargepole. Why would he?

Spot on re: Drew Savage - he is a broadcast journalist out of the BBC mould, warts 'n' all. Massive Argyle fan who sees the brighter side of the Brent regime but in no way a Pasoti happy-clapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Re: Nelson....still don't have a problem with him leaving at the end of the season, if that's what he wants - he's done his time with us and if a Championship club comes knocking, there is no way we will be able to match the contract or opportunity on offer - promotion or not.

Be a bit miffed if he leaves us now for a League One club, mind. Given our position though, it's difficult to see that happening
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Re: Nelson....still don't have a problem with him leaving at the end of the season, if that's what he wants - he's done his time with us and if a Championship club comes knocking, there is no way we will be able to match the contract or opportunity on offer - promotion or not.

Be a bit miffed if he leaves us now for a League One club, mind. Given our position though, it's difficult to see that happening

I'm not so sure whether it's League 1 or the Championship that's most relevant. It will be (as with Hourihane to Barnsley) a question of Nelson asking himself "would I like to double my salary by moving elsewhere?" If he can do that at a League 1 club, it'd be surprising if he opted not to go.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Pre-contract agreement in place with a CCC club.

Is this meant to be happening in January or end of season?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:40 pm

The pre-contract deal is in place now beyond that I don't know.

Do we know when his contract is up?

If it is in the summer then the pre-contract deal must mean he's ours until May - like Windass and his mate at Accrington.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

If it is in the summer then the pre-contract deal must mean he's ours until May - like Windass and his mate at Accrington.

Everyone is out of contract in the summer

If nelson has agreed to leave in the summer than i think it would be wise to take the captains armband off him, not that he brings anything to that role he is pretty non existent as a captain and give it to Hartley who is far better fit as a captain and a leader.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

So why isn't Nelson's alleged new contract in the Championship being announced?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:56 pm

ejh wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Right at the top of Official Club PR policy, innit.

1. Never confirm or deny anything to the plebs. Ever.
2. All controversial announcements to be excused with "there is no alternative" and/or blamed on FL regulations/law of the land.
3. In extremis vaguely refer to historic debt making things difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Why hasn't the CCC club leaked it? I'll believe this when I see it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:27 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Hardly going to set pulses racing, is it?, if they did. So they won't because all it'd get up there is a "meh" response at best or a "Plymouth? We should be doing better than that!" at worst.

Believe me if you like or not if you prefer. It makes no difference to whether the deal is done or not. And it is. As time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

The gap between league two and the Championship is getting bigger all the time. Remember that Jed Wallace for Pompey last season who everyone raved about. Has made 6 sub appearances for Wolves all season I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Hardly the conversation of the decade with a trusted confidant/meht. Not even bothered to ask why, when and wherefore. Sounds like an old PJ sort of text or personal message, for whatever reason.

I have to be honest. This whole Nelson thing ( get it ) no longer interests me. I was never his biggest fan in any case.
It all feels like a bit of game playing. If Nelson ain't half sold by the end of January, Frank, you will be on my list of those I can't remember. You'll be history, and rightly so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Hardly going to set pulses racing, is it?, if they did. So they won't because all it'd get up there is a "meh" response at best or a "Plymouth? We should be doing better than that!" at worst.

Believe me if you like or not if you prefer. It makes no difference to whether the deal is done or not. And it is. As time will tell.

Which then begs the question, why are Rangers releasing statements that they've signed two Accrington players on pre-contract agreements?

If Plymouth Argyle gathers a 'meh' response from second tier clubs, what does signing freebies from Accrington do for supporters of a club that has had Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laundrup?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:52 pm

ejh wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Keeping with the traditions of Argyle they always offer a sweetener before they deal out the blow. So far Tanner has signed on for the rest of the season and Threlkeld till April 6th :S so we are due some bad news any day now. Whether its Nelson going or someone else its going to happen James brent never fails to disappoint
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 9:03 pm

ejh wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Which then begs the question, why are Rangers releasing statements that they've signed two Accrington players on pre-contract agreements?

If Plymouth Argyle gathers a 'meh' response from second tier clubs, what does signing freebies from Accrington do for supporters of a club that has had Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laundrup?

Ffs scottish pl is bloody crap boy !!!! The first division is worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson rumour    Curtis Nelson rumour  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson rumour
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next