Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )

Go down 
+11
AstiSpumante
akagreengull
mouldyoldgoat
RegGreen
Les Miserable
zyph
Richard Blight
sufferedsince 68
tigertony
Freathy
pepsipete
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ?
Carey
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 14 ]
Reid
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Jervis
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nelson
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 9 ]
Wylde
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Adams
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Brent
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Funtime Frankie
 2% [ 1 ]
None of the above ( token Aviva option )
Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage

Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 am

I see Franny had nine votes as well. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Any news on Funtime Frankie ?
Has he found any takers ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
i hear the BMP & the EDL are offering him a 2year deal.. laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Lord Biro wrote:

surely he should have been called theatre lovey frankie cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Timely bump for the wrist splitters to remember when they were fearing the big Brent firesale in January Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
And only 41 members voted.......hardly 75%.

How many people post here then?

About 50 daily-weekly posters I'd say.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Voting and posting are entirely different animals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Voting and posting are entirely different animals.

not if your desperately clutching at straws trying to prove yourself right it isnt les Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:25 pm

ejh wrote:
Timely bump for the wrist splitters to remember when they were fearing the big Brent firesale in January Laughing

No a timely bump by me to prove that you were wrong stating that 75% of posters thought we would sell Carey and Ried.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:46 pm

The fact we had this poll at all confirms the majority on here thought we'd be selling at least 1 possibly 3 of our players. Again injuries may have put some buyers off but the Fact remains none of them were sold and we Added two loanees who by all accounts aint too bad.

Now I Dont trust or particularly like Brent or his sycophantic hanger ons, but in this instance, either by design or cos of injuries it " looks" like Da has gotten pretty much what he wants bar Boateng. Which isn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:58 pm

ejh wrote:

laugh
then comes ''not if your desperately clutching at straws trying to prove yourself right'' Fact is those wrist splitters prove it right because their posts are totally wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:25 pm

nzgreen wrote:
The fact we had this poll at all confirms the majority on here thought we'd be selling at least 1 possibly 3 of our players. Again injuries may have put some buyers off but the Fact remains none of them were sold and we Added two loanees who by all accounts aint too bad.

Now I Dont trust or particularly like Brent or his sycophantic hanger ons, but in this instance, either by design or cos of injuries it " looks" like Da has gotten pretty much what he wants bar Boateng. Which isn't too bad.

Apparently this thread proves I was WRONG to say the tide of opinion on this forum for the last few months was that we'd sell a crucial player in January.

If anything I'd say it proves me right surely!?

If it wasn't Carey going, then it was Reuben and then it was Nelson. Fans were even voting on the one we'd most likely cash in on, as it was such a certainty.

But now we have kept all the top earners and star players, there is no reflective "bugger me, we actually showed a bit of nerve in the title run in and didn't actually flog mid season".

"Given that we've kept our side together and added a good defensive option in Forster, and a renowned goalscorer in Nardiello, we've actually done some good business for a change".

"Well done JB and DA, now lets go and win the title, hurrah!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 12:41 am

ejh wrote:
nzgreen wrote:

Apparently this thread proves I was WRONG to say the tide of opinion on this forum for the last few months was that we'd sell a crucial player in January.

If it wasn't Carey going, then it was Reuben and then it was Nelson. Fans were even voting on the one we'd most likely cash in on, as it was such a certainty.

But now we have kept all the top earners and star players, there is no reflective "bugger me, we actually showed a bit of nerve in the title run in and didn't actually flog mid season".

"Given that we've kept our side together and added a good defensive option in Forster, and a renowned goalscorer in Nardiello, we've actually done some good business for a change".

But it does prove you wrong doesnt it? as you said 75% of members definitely said all the players would be sold in january.  

The poll clearly says  "Who is most likely to be leaving us in January?" so in what way can that title or any votes cast be spinned to suggest you, tiger and NZ are right?  the poll options listed some players that 42 people picked from. 42 members which isnt the grand total of membership of atd.

top pick was a 3 way tie with carey (14) the non playing options combined (14) and nelson, reid and wylde votes combined (14)

the results no matter how you add them up will not come to 75% not even if you included a sum of 28 votes for players to 14 non players

So my suggestion is work on your maths and learn the definition of the terms MOST LIKELY and MOST DEFINITELY.

oh one more thing...

I  see your now clutching at forum posts now to back up your theory ok lets discuss. oh before we do it still doesnt come to 75% lol

I said myself on this thread i can see more than one going which im not going to deny certainly not going to apologise for it either, but the fact remains yes they stayed which is great i really hope the club actually show ambition and get both signed up to new contracts now.

If you think about it with logic and not rose tinted specs, you may deny it but deep down you know its true had carey and reid been fit and in reid's case scoring the club would have had offers for them both and as both are out of contract at the end of the season it would have been very hard to turn down a fee for the club.
But thankfully due to their injuries which btw both were very real and not fake as you disgustingly suggested about reid, they are still here Smile So its doesnt take captain hindsight to state the club wouldn't have had too many offers for them, especially come the summer when they could get them for a snip if not for free.

As for nelson thats a debate you can have with SFD as i dont care either way about him to want to discuss that rumour on here.
A Test of brents bottle comes now in the contract offers and the test of del bheys abilities as a manager to get the club promoted and make the top players more inclined to sign up quicker.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:11 am

Can we please actually remember what I said about Nelson?

Not once have I said or have I implied that he was off in January. Not once.

Not even hinted that he might be.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:27 am

ejh wrote:
nzgreen wrote:

Congratulations and well done for being so reflective where others are lacking.Hope you are consistent with your retrospective analysis,i'm sure you agree that sometimes looking back can make one look a right divvy;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like you and Tiger Tony could be a natural partnership.Unlucky mate.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 9:30 am

Portrays the bitterness of the fella nicely.

Barnsley ARE a bigger club than us.

Barnsley HAVE played at the highest level.

Barnsley HAVE won a major trophy.

Barnsley DO play in a higher league than us.

Barnsley DO have a bigger, better stadium(and no doubt training facilities etc, etc) than us.

Barnsley WILL be paying Hourihane a damn sight more than your beloved Brent could ever stomach.

I could go on...
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:28 am

While obviously disappointed that Hourihane was allowed to leave, particularly for a Plymouth/Brent price, you can't realistically blame the lad for wanting the move. Argyle are a basket case of a football club, slightly less so now I suppose than when Conor left, but still a basket case.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 11:31 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can we please actually remember what I said about Nelson?

Not once have I said or have I implied that he was off in January. Not once.

Not even hinted that he might be.

scratch

Did you state he'd definitely be off in the summer?

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 12:29 pm

(Without going back to check exactly.)

Perhaps not explicitly but that was the inference.

I said he'd signed a pre-contract agreement with a CCC club.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )   Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL ) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is most likely to be leaving us in January ? ( POLL )
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2