Elias
Freathy
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Newport v Argyle match thread Empty
PostSubject: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 1:17 am

SORRY IT EARLY, BUSY WEEKEND TG

Newport County v Plymouth Argyle

Man in the middle Frederick Graham Games 16 YELLOW 64 REDS 0

Assisted by Marvyn Amphlett and Joe Clark

Fourth Official Ravel Cheosiaua

Newport news

Newport Gwent Dragons have a home game 24 hours before our fixture v Newport county

Oliver McBurnie has been recalled by his parent club Swansea City...

The nineteen year-old scored a twenty-three-minute hat-trick when he made his debut for the Exiles as a second half substitute in our home fixture against Luton Town.

A message from Ian Wilkinson, Safety Manager of Newport County's Rodney Parade ground, kindly offering assistance to our traveling fans on December 28

"The ground's Post Code is NP19 OAX, which takes you to Rodney Road. The use of the Post Code NP19 OBH will direct coaches to a location directly outside Gate 6 of the ground which is the away entrance, on Corporation Road where your supporters can be dropped off and picked up after the match. From here the Stewards will be able to direct the coach drivers to a nearby parking area.

"I would also be grateful if you could make your supporters aware that this season we now have a dedicated away supporters bar facility with Sky Sports News on TV screens within the away section of the ground. Tea, coffee and hot food is also available from an outlet within the away end. The ground opens at 1.30pm but should you arrive a little earlier we are able to open the away end from 1pm.

"We look forward to welcoming you to Rodney Parade."
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Medy Elito banned for three matches after being shown a straight red yedterday

John Sheridan view

NEWPORT County AFC manager John Sheridan hit out at referee Tim Robinson for changing the game against Barnet with a “diabolical decision.”

Robinson, who later had to leave the field after picking up an injury, awarded the hosts a penalty after deciding that Medy Elito had brought down Andy Yiadom in the box on 53 minutes.

Elito was shown a straight red card for denying a goal-scoring opportunity and John Akinde scored from the spot.

Akinde added a second after Joe Day’s error to seal the win in the 89th minute.

“From where I was sat I think it’s a diabolical decision,” said Sheridan of the penalty incident.

“I’ll have to judge it when I see the DVD but the lads said it was never a penalty.

“I think Medy’s just fell over and I don’t even know what he’s given it for.

“And then to send him off is just ridiculous; it’s totally changed the game because we were really comfortable.”
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 7:57 pm

We struggled at home against a terrible Yeovil side so we shouldn't cause Newport any problems

Newport 2-0 Argo
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Absolutely belting it down cant see it being on......if the wind direction had altered and this was snow instead there would have been 10 foot of snow !
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Elias wrote:
Absolutely belting it down cant see it being on......if the wind direction had altered and this was snow instead there would have been 10 foot of snow !

Just checked forecast for Newport. Raining currently but due to finish 10am and then no rain before kick off tomorrow forecast according to BBC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:49 pm

ets hope the groundsmen there can prep the pitch in time for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Angry wrote:

One can only hope the Rugby is cancelled today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:03 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:

One can only hope the Rugby is cancelled today

in the valleys!!!! thats blasphemy Laughing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:38 pm

I am torn between 1-1 or 0-1, I would take either of the two.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:49 am

Should it be cancelled I take it that the Argyle website will immediately be updated or is that too much to hope for......??
Yes it probably is Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:39 am

"we now have a dedicated away supporters bar facility with Sky Sports News on TV screens within the away section of the ground. Tea, coffee and hot food is also available from an outlet within the away end. The ground opens at 1.30pm but should you arrive a little earlier we are able to open the away end from 1pm. "

FFS! What sort of tinpot operation are they running? Where are the tents?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:54 am

probably waiting for the imminent planning permission
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 4:11 am

Newport Gwent Dragons v Cardiff Blues LIVE: Breaking news and updates from the Welsh derby at Rodney Parade

Full Time: Dragons 20-21 Blues

The Dragons will be kicking themselves.

They dominated for most of the game, but Lewis Evans’ needless yellow card cost them in the end.

15 points were scored during that period and the Blues completed a smash and grab.

Attendance: 8,226

You could have watch the game live on Sky

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:33 am

Tgwu wrote:
Newport Gwent Dragons v Cardiff Blues LIVE: Breaking news and updates from the Welsh derby at Rodney Parade

Full Time: Dragons 20-21 Blues

The Dragons will be kicking themselves.

They dominated for most of the game, but Lewis Evans’ needless yellow card cost them in the end.

15 points were scored during that period and the Blues completed a smash and grab.

Attendance: 8,226

You could have watch the game live on Sky

Newports pitch looks better than ours to be fair, should be on tomorrow i would say.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:24 am

Newport view on tomorrow game

Looking at the visitors

Plymouth Argyle remain top of the league after their victory over Yeovil Town on Boxing Day. A Ryan Brunt strike proved to be the difference and they remain two points clear of Oxford United in second and a further point ahead of Northampton Town in third. Graham Carey and Jake Jervis are their top scorers with seven each in the league, followed closely by Reuben Reid with six. They are going to provide a stern test for Newport, no one in the league has conceded fewer goals so far than they have this season.

Form Guide (League only)

Newport County – W WD D D DWLDL 14 points

Plymouth Argyle – LW W WLD DLW W 17 points

Plymouth’s record against County

Played 5 Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 1 Goals For 3 Goals Against 3

Last meeting

A goal from Graham Carey two minutes before half time proved to be the only goal of the game in August when these two sides last met at the start of this season. Newport remained bottom of the football league after this result with just a single point from their first five matches.

Last Time Out By Newport

A second trip to the Hive Stadium in three weeks was not as sweet second time round as it was the first, County being beaten by two goals to nil thanks to a brace from John Akinde. The first came from the penalty spot after Medy Elito was dismissed for a foul and the second, a tap in into an empty net, followed a defensive mistake.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Just had a look at Newport area and clear skies and some cloud until 5pm......cant imagine any danger of being off
First away match for me this Century so anticipating a thumping. Not saying whose getting thumped though...... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:25 pm

NEWPORT County AFC manager John Sheridan says he’d love to get one over the Plymouth fans who he feels didn’t appreciate him when he was in charge at Home Park last season,

writes Andrew Penman.

The Exiles boss faces his former side at Rodney Parade this afternoon, 12 months after his Plymouth team were beaten 2-0 in front of 5,000 fans in Newport on Boxing Day 2014.

The Pilgrims lost in the play-off semi-finals in May but they travel to South Wales as league leaders today, while County are 20th in League Two following Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Barnet.

“We were going really well in the league and I remember coming here and we lost the game 2-0,” said Sheridan, recalling last year’s festive fixture.

“Plymouth are a good club and when I went there they were in a similar position to Newport so I think I did a good job.

“I left them in a healthy position last year and the new manager has come in, added one or two players, and they’re going really well.

“I’m not bothered what sort of reception I get, to tell you the truth,” he added.

“They’re nice people there – the chairman is excellent and I enjoyed my time there but unfortunately the journey was just a bit too far away for me.

“But I don’t think I was getting appreciated for what I’d done there and sometimes that’s in the back of your mind and you think to yourself ‘maybe it’s time to go’.

“That wasn’t from the board or the chairman but I just felt they [the fans] didn’t appreciate the job I’d done there.

“I’d love to get one over them and get three points.”

Midfielder Alex Rodman is a doubt for today but defender Matt Partridge should be involved after missing Saturday’s match when two John Akinde goals sank County, who had Medy Elito sent off.

“Rodman just felt a little twinge in his hamstring and Matty Partridge wasn’t fit [to start],” said Sheridan.

“He’s had a scan and there’s nothing wrong with his knee so hopefully he’ll be involved because we’re picking up one or two injuries.

“We’ll just have to see how everyone is for a big test against the league leaders.”

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:44 pm

I am sure he means Webb and Nool who ran the Twitter parody account JohnShez1
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:56 pm

He's entitled to feel a touch bitter towards a certain section of the fanbase imo.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Tgwu wrote:

NEWPORT County AFC manager John Sheridan says he’d love to get one over the Plymouth fans who he feels didn’t appreciate him when he was in charge at Home Park last season,

Don't worry Shez, I'm sure you will.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Argyle were falling headlong into non league football under the Brent/Fletcher comedy act, Sheridan did a fantastic job in saving the club from that nightmare! i think because Shez did'nt want to get involved with the self promoting superfans, or live in the Ocean city the Nerds took their revenge on various privately owned non democratically run shite sites to undermine him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Cant say i blame his ill feeling at all. He was treated disgustingly by some fans for no just reason particularly the sheep on the farm
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 12:35 am

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 1:03 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 1:29 am

Pitch looks very poor. The same for both teams I know but they'll obviously be more used to playing on it than us. COYG!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newport v Argyle match thread   Newport v Argyle match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport v Argyle match thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next