Tgwu

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:03 pm

Argyle will be training at DHSB tomorrow
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Is that thanks to Argyle's new Club Secretary, who makes me feel so proud and glad to be alive? geek geek jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Or Barry Hardman
Back to top Go down

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:59 pm

So how did the club go from using state of the art facilities at marjons to using a field at a school. Look how far we've come guys
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Next stop, Stonehouse creek.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:42 pm

DHSB as a state of art all weather pitches, my grandson goes there on Saturday morning with Argyle Community Trust. Barry Hardman runs the school faculties, it is used seven days a week, Barry used to work at Argyle
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Sniffing at school facilities isn't automatically reasonable.

Lipson, for instance, has an astroturf pitch under floodlights and Ivybridge has some of the best sport's facilities you can imagine.

I don't know what they have at DHS but I'd be amazed if they were anything more than a tad below the very best you'll find anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:56 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Is that thanks to Argyle's new Club Secretary, who makes me feel so proud and glad to be alive? geek geek jocolor
Can't believe he got some skivvys to mop the floor and pick up some rubbish. At our club :pighug:
Back to top Go down

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Lipson, for instance, has an astroturf pitch under floodlights and Ivybridge has some of the best sport's facilities you can imagine.

I don't know what they have at DHS but I'd be amazed if they were anything more than a tad below the very best you'll find anywhere.

nonne of these schools came close to the facilities my school had far more superior and no it wasnt a school in plymouth cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

nonne of these schools came close to the facilities my school had far more superior and no it wasnt a school in plymouth cheers cheers cheers

Eton?
Back to top Go down

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Eton?

nahhh we had 2 swimming pools, a full size hockey all weather court, a tennis centre with indoor and outdoor courts, a rugby ground, a 2 full size all weather football pitches and a skate park. we had no fat kids at that school becasue it was so big lol

Last edited by Angry on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Collings Park, hated kicking uphill BITD.  Seems a good shout for a bitta practice for Yeovil away though
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:38 pm

DHS installed 4G full size pitch 2 years ago.

Reminds me of when I had to slum it there when city's premier grammar was closed. A good mate got chased by John "budgie" Burridge after landing an apple core on back of his head when he was training with Wolves. Old fecked never caught hi..
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:43 pm

I was told that it's 3G though what the difference is I've no idea.....1G I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:07 pm

I still dont understand why the club doesnt strike a deal with Marjons to have the first team train there permanently and either giver harpers park to the youth setup so they can move back to plymouth and be based there and not have to train in newton abbot and pay torquays rent on their ground.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I was told that it's 3G though what the difference is I've no idea.....1G I suppose.

Definitely 4G. Means they can stream youtube faster and come home with loadsof rubber crumb in their boots.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 pm

green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Definitely 4G. Means they can stream youtube faster and come home with loadsof rubber crumb in their boots.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:16 am

green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

That true, My grandson boot are full with little black rubber  crumbs,
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:21 am

Eton? Piffle.
My school had a full size swimming pool, enormous gym, about 10 soccer pitches, 10 rugby pitches, athletics track ... and in 1966!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:55 am

Tgwu wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

The rubber crumbs might be true but the 4G bit isn't.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 7:17 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

The rubber crumbs might be true but the 4G bit isn't.

Interesting, the teachers and boys call it the 4g. Little bit of background reading suggests there is no definition for 4g and it is mainly a marketing ploy to say its state of the art. There are now companies banding about 7g.

"Do you want woofers and tweeters with that?"
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:26 am

Praaaps they only had appropriate permissions for 3G...
Back to top Go down

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 am

Angry wrote:
I still dont understand why the club doesnt strike a deal with Marjons to have the first team train there permanently and either giver harpers park to the youth setup so they can move back to plymouth and be based there and not have to train in newton abbot and pay torquays rent on their ground.

Have you any idea of the cost of bus fares these days, jeez? Every body wants to spend our glorious leaders money!
Back to top Go down
Bazzab

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi this is Barry Hardman from DHSB.
The first team are training with us tomorrow (Thursday). They also trained here before the Boxing Day clash with Yeovil. I have always made our 3G pitch available to Argyle but it wasn't until just before Christmas that Paul Wotton rang me to see if they could book it. Derek Adams was amazed they hadn't used it before when he saw the pitch! Argyle normally use Marjon, who they already have a good relationship with, but they had somehow double booked Argyle before Christmas!! I presume the same has happened again tomorrow.

Just a note on our pitch in view of some of the comments...the 3G pitch was laid just under 2 1/2 years ago and the only one in Plymouth that is 'newer' than ours is Marjon. Sadly we cannot offer Argyle full time training on our pitch as we are a school and the pitch is predominantly for school use. We do have our regular Saturday morning group from Argyles Community dept which has been running since we opened. The pitch is 3G not 4G. Any pitch with rubber crumb in it is 3G. The 4G pitches are still under development and testing but have stronger synthetic grass which means there is no need for any rubber crumb to support it. I hope that helps a bit.

I will just add that when they trained last time they then won their next 3 games, so I will sprinkle the magic dust on it again when I finish tonight
Back to top Go down

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks Barry and welcome to ATD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Argyle training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle training
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next