Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Argyle training - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Yes, welcome Barry. Thanks for the information.

Seeing as you have made the pitch available to Argyle you should try and get some of the players down to the school to give the kids some coaching in return. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Bazzab wrote:
Hi this is Barry Hardman from DHSB.
The first team are training with us tomorrow (Thursday). They also trained here before the Boxing Day clash with Yeovil. I have always made our 3G pitch available to Argyle but it wasn't until just before Christmas that Paul Wotton rang me to see if they could book it. Derek Adams was amazed they hadn't used it before when he saw the pitch! Argyle normally use Marjon, who they already have a good relationship with, but they had somehow double booked Argyle before Christmas!! I presume the same has happened again tomorrow.

Just a note on our pitch in view of some of the comments...the 3G pitch was laid just under 2 1/2 years ago and the only one in Plymouth that is 'newer' than ours is Marjon. Sadly we cannot offer Argyle full time training on our pitch as we are a school and the pitch is predominantly for school use. We do have our regular Saturday morning group from Argyles Community dept which has been running since we opened. The pitch is 3G not 4G. Any pitch with rubber crumb in it is 3G. The 4G pitches are still under development and testing but have stronger synthetic grass which means there is no need for any rubber crumb to support it. I hope that helps a bit.

I will just add that when they trained last time they then won their next 3 games, so I will sprinkle the magic dust on it again when I finish tonight

Very Happy Welcome Barry, great first post Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Bazzab wrote:
The first team are training with us tomorrow (Thursday). They also trained here before the Boxing Day clash with Yeovil. I have always made our 3G pitch available to Argyle but it wasn't until just before Christmas that Paul Wotton rang me to see if they could book it. Derek Adams was amazed they hadn't used it before when he saw the pitch! Argyle normally use Marjon, who they already have a good relationship with, but they had somehow double booked Argyle before Christmas!! I presume the same has happened again tomorrow.

Just a note on our pitch in view of some of the comments...the 3G pitch was laid just under 2 1/2 years ago and the only one in Plymouth that is 'newer' than ours is Marjon. Sadly we cannot offer Argyle full time training on our pitch as we are a school and the pitch is predominantly for school use. We do have our regular Saturday morning group from Argyles Community dept which has been running since we opened. The pitch is 3G not 4G. Any pitch with rubber crumb in it is 3G. The 4G pitches are still under development and testing but have stronger synthetic grass which means there is no need for any rubber crumb to support it. I hope that helps a bit.

I will just add that when they trained last time they then won their next 3 games, so I will sprinkle the magic dust on it again when I finish tonight

Hello Barry, welcome to ATD. DHSB has obviously changed a fair bit from when I went there just over 20 years ago. The creek was always flooded during winter and spring. The only playable football pitch was the one in front of the collonade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:59 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Seeing as you have made the pitch available to Argyle you should try and get some of the players down to the school to give the kids some coaching in return. Very Happy

thats such a pasoti thing to say mouldy lol
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

thats such a pasoti thing to say mouldy lol

Barry chose well, had this been pasoti he'd have been bombarded with trifling ditties such as.....does DA pluck his eyebrows? Is it true that PH is hung like a baby elephant? Or worst of all, did GC train today? Cool
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Bazzab wrote:

Hi Barry, I glad you found us and posted, A good insight in to Argyle on here as I told you some time ago.

Last edited by Tgwu on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Collings Park, hated kicking uphill BITD.  Seems a good shout for a bitta practice for Yeovil away though

You went to Public as well..... bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Bazzab wrote:

Hello Barry, welcome to ATD. DHSB has obviously changed a fair bit from when I went there just over 20 years ago. The creek was always flooded during winter and spring. The only playable football pitch was the one in front of the collonade.

The 3G pitch is on raised area below Colonnade. The Creek pitches are as bad as ever, but the rugby bheys from DHS, Services and Sharks are made of sterner stuff than your modern footballer.

Anyone else (except SFD) have choice of attacking Deep End or Shallow End for Rugby at Marsh MIlls?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:17 pm

My school was the same as SFD, but there was never a shallow end at Marsh Mills, all ends were deep ends. The football pitch was the best of a bad bunch, but covered in mole hills that needed clearing before big games. Our headmaster was a rugby bigot through and through, but us kids preferred football. I was forced to play for his precious rugby team, against my will on occasion, which ended in a stand off ( pun alert ) never to be resolved. If.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:49 pm

South Molton had a pitch with about a 1 in 4 gradient from one side to the other, despite the incredible runoff it was one of the wettest pitches I ever played on.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:52 pm

One of the Stonehouse Creek pitches used to be alright - not the raised one under the colonnade, but the raised one closest to Kings Road. It wasn't a normal kinda mud though, more some form of red clay stuff.

Demport Park was my favourite pitch as a kid - though looking back it was a helluva slope..!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Eldest reported back that session went down well with those able to watch and Rueben got mugged for autographs.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:23 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
One of the Stonehouse Creek pitches used to be alright - not the raised one under the colonnade, but the raised one closest to Kings Road. It wasn't a normal kinda mud though, more some form of red clay stuff.

Demport Park was my favourite pitch as a kid - though looking back it was a helluva slope..!

Devonport pitch I played on 61 year ago.

training update

My son (teacher) said the players mixed with the kids and signed plenty of autographs

Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Training update.

Eldest's sports master reports Argyle players preferred DHS pitch to Marjons and could be regular visitors.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Bazzab wrote:

Welcome Bazzab, I left Paradise Road 40 years ago this year, FFS! My nephew is there now, carrying the torch.
Back to top Go down
Bazzab

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:52 pm

I think the pupils enjoyed the fact that while they were on their break time, just after Argyle arrived, the lads came over and did their warm up right in front of the majority of them! Was a nice touch by Argyle. Poor old Reuben did get mobbed at the end but he was, as always, fantastic with the pupils. The feedback I had was that they all enjoy the surface and I'm sure they will be back....soon!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Is it true Barry, Argyle will be using DHSB for training every two weeks starting tomorrow without paying a fee.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 10:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Is it true Barry, Argyle will be using DHSB for training every two weeks starting tomorrow without paying a fee.?

Another freebie jesus wept.. we should pay them for using the pitch if only a donation to the school's blue peter fund instead of fleecing them.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 10:45 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Collings Park, hated kicking uphill BITD.  Seems a good shout for a bitta practice for Yeovil away though

You went to Public as well..... bounce bounce

Scored loads of goals on that pitch. Took a lot of wickets and smacked a few boundaries too.
Back to top Go down
Bazzab

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 11:22 pm

No that is not true
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:34 am

Bazzab wrote:
No that is not true

Thanks Barry, see you next Saturday when we picks up the grandson to take him to Yeovil. (have the tea on) Enjoy the ride on here it a good site.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:00 am

Bazzab wrote:
No that is not true

Excuse me...

What's not true?

Training every two weeks or not paying. Either or both?
Back to top Go down
Bazzab

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 8:53 am

Sorry, should have clarified....both untrue. Training with us today but no arrangements made for any further sessions. We are unable to have regular training with us as it is a school pitch and lessons will always come first. We will of course try to help Argyle out in any way we can but there is no agreed long term commitment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:07 am

Can someone remind me again what is wrong with Harpers Park ? It was good enough for the Championship. Has it been commandeered by Google for tax purposes or is it covered in algae ?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 am

Slightly tongue in cheek but possible reasons for non use of Harper's might be due to,

1,  Too far to walk from Home Park especially if wearing studded boots. Health and Safety issue.

2, Youth players train at Newton Abbot so no one to fetch the balls when they roll down onto lower pitch.

3, Again, no one available to move the mobile goalposts.

4, No toilet facilities other than the hedge.

5, Different playing surface to Home Park. ie; no algae present.

I'm sure there's other reasons.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle training   Argyle training - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle training
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next