argyl3
Dick Trickle
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 am

tigertony wrote:
most of you lot have one agenda which is to castigate JB at any opportunity.

And what's your agenda tone?
  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:55 am

Opened the thread thinking who did we grab last day to find precisely jack shit.
If we actually do get promoted dont anyone think that Adams will be leading the team out in League 1 he'll be poached as soon as season finishes if not before.
Fecking disgrace Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:03 am

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
ejh wrote:
Was hoping for Boateng tonight, but other than a quality centre mid (which was always coming in on loan anyway, and could be sorted next week) what were we expecting?

We have cover in pretty much all the positions now. Forster brings a quality option to the right side of defence, and Nardiello is a striker who is known for scoring promotion chasing goals. Two smart deals DA took care of days/weeks ago.

We just need a quality centre midfielder, and DA seems to be holding out for Boateng. Not worth splitting your wrists over folks.
Unfortunately many are now on the phone to the Samaritans. This geezer walks in a manager about 8 months ago, takes charge, gets momentum going, makes some very good signings and now we are 2nd with a 9 point gap to 4th place. Carey is back .. ish and Simpson is showing more promise. In my view DA is doing OK and if he hasn't brought anyone in that's OK by me.
But then most of you lot have one agenda which is to castigate JB at any opportunity. Clearly DA has some funds and clearly he will use them in the emergency loan window. Its so clear it fecking see through.

do explain this one to me and how you came to this conclusion?

Clearly he can't

Because he's talking bollocks that's why freathy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:33 am

It's not so much how much have we strengthened its how much stronger we are in relation to the teams around us and you don't have to be a naval officer to deduce that we are now weaker than, Northampton, Oxford and Pompey.
As for Brent I'd want him gone even if Boateng came back the man is an embarrassment who tarnishes the name of Argyle with his ludicrous bumbling efforts to be someone. The Oldway debacle is the icing on the cake. How's the civic centre going Tone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:45 am

How are they taking it on the farm? As expected Postey firmly behind his second choice owner and Nool appearing as his Leapf multi. It's ok we are actually stronger with Adams already looking to strengthen for league 1. Banana
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Brent's inclination is to do the bare minimum. Not just with the playing budget but with everything to do with the club. When we have such a great chance to finally get out of this division, it's hugely restrictive. Thankfully we have a genuinely very talented manager who is capable of getting promotion in spite of Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Given 75% of posters on here firmly believed Nelson and Reuben were 'as good as gone', the fact both are still here seems to have prompted roughly 0 apologies.

Brent was a total bellend only a month ago for looking to cash in, especially with Reuben, his phoney injury routine was apparently SO transparent.

"Saving himself for pompey, inneee? Its obvious. He aint injured, he's going, that's what it is".

Any credit to the club for keeping all of its star players? Nah, didn't think so. Might have been a few I told you so's on here mind if ANY of Argyle's starting team had left. Instead all that is left to do is beat the club for not getting a player back we haven't even seen since October. "This is just typical Argyle, not signing Boateng and screwing up promotion like they always bleddy do!".

Last edited by ejh on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:11 pm

ejh wrote:
Given 75% of posters on here firmly believed Nelson and Reuben were 'as good as gone', the fact both are still here seems to have prompted roughly 0 apologies.

Brent was a total bellend only a month ago for looking to cash in, especially with Reuben, his phoney injury routine was apparently SO transparent.

"Saving himself for pompey, inneee? Its obvious. He aint injured, he's going, that's what it is".

Any credit to the club for keeping all of its star players? Nah, didn't think so. Might have been a few I told you so's on here mind if ANY of Argyle's starting team had left. Instead all that is left to do is beat the club for not getting a player back we have seen since since October. "This is just typical Argyle, screwing up promotion like they always bleddy do!".

how about you offer your apologies evertime you back a player who turns out to be shit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

Any credit to the club for keeping all of its star players? Nah, didn't think so. Might have been a few I told you so's on here mind if ANY of Argyle's starting team had left. Instead all that is left to do is beat the club for not getting a player back we have seen since since October. "This is just typical Argyle, screwing up promotion like they always bleddy do!".

how about you offer your apologies evertime you back a player who turns out to be shit?

Who do you mean? Brunt the camel who has scored most of the goals which put and kept us top? Yep, sorry for suggesting he's an effective player. We look ten times better with Reuben now, you were so right!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:16 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

Who do you mean? Brunt the camel who has scored most of the goals which put and kept us top? Yep, sorry for suggesting he's an effective player. We look ten times better with Reuben now, you were so right!

harvey
banton
young
blanchard
bentley
allen

to name but a few there are more over the years. Plus Brunt also failed to score a goal that wasnt a fluke or passed a 46 year old pensioner so thats not achievement that after 6 failed attempts to back a player one came good briefly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:16 pm

You've made them all up. When did I say any of your list (Young excepted) were underrated or good? What a sad bastard you are! Players I've expressed a fondness for include: Ryan Brunt, Luke Young, Nathan Thomas. Let's stick to the real world and not the one in your head eh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:18 pm

ejh wrote:
You've made them all up. When did I say all of them were any good? What a sad bastard you are! Players I've expressed a fondness for include: Ryan Brunt, Luke Young, Nathan Thomas. Let's stick to the real world and not the one in your head.

oh yes how could i forget thomas silly me he was the brunt of last year lol. But no they are all former faves of yours that every manager has encurred your wrath on here and pasoti if he didnt play them.

All havent done squat since leaving argyle and brunt isnt going to do much better..
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 pm

ejh wrote:

Any credit to the club for keeping all of its star players? Nah, didn't think so. Might have been a few I told you so's on here mind if ANY of Argyle's starting team had left. Instead all that is left to do is beat the club for not getting a player back we haven't even seen since October. "This is just typical Argyle, not signing Boateng and screwing up promotion like they always bleddy do!".

Like I said, bare minimum.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:47 pm

ejh wrote:

75%? Put a decimal point between the 7 and 5, and you may be somewhere there or thereabouts.

I think you fall into the trap of reading a few people saying the same thing over and over, and equate that to be three quarters of ATD.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:48 pm

ejh wrote:

I know you enjoy stirring the pot ej but 75% is bollocks and you know it, 7.5% perhaps.

I'd say 75% of posters would've been happy for us to have kept the squad intact and brought Boateng back but we haven't quite managed that. Admittedly we've kept our so-called better players and that's obviously a positive(maybe that says more about the form and fitness of our so-called better players than it does the fortitude of our magnificent owner). Boateng returning is also still a possibility and while emergency loans are a poor way of building a squad and offer no long-term security I suppose beggars can't be choosers and it would certainly be better than nothing.

Overall however, can anyone genuinely say that our squad is stronger now than it was before the window opened? I can't.

If this is GreenJim going all out for promotion then God fcuking help us when he decides to tighten the purse strings for a good old bit of austerity.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:50 pm

LOL Les. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
LOL Les. Very Happy

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm

ejh wrote:

You make it up as you go along. For m part, I remember saying a nice long rest wouldn't hurt Reid's chances for his next contract, whether it be here or Pompey. That was what was said, read the threads. I suspect the delayed return that appeared to upset Adams, will have put pressure on all parties. And as for 75% of posters, that's just fantasy that does your logic no favours.  Do you see the difference yet ? Do you see the quite different emphasis from your incorrect translation ?
As for Brent cashing in, there are two ways to cash in. One is to spend the bare minimum on player overheads and take a chance hoping it won't affect the end of season position. You can sell players, you can loan players out, both will have a similar effect. on the P and L account. We've had a net outflow of one when we should have been strengthening. I can hear the cash jingling now, with only a short term emergency wage to pay in the future. "Just in time".

Also, there has been a great deal of scepticism on here regarding Sir Frank's Nelson rumour, so you can knock that on the head too. For Frank alone to have received such info was suspect to say the least.  The real damage of this window might be unseen at the moment. Players like a club that shows it's ambition, and who knows, that's maybe why Smith apparently turned us down, although I suspect he was stringing us along, far too many RWY thumbs up piccies for my liking. Much more of this sort of thing, and any current players that are in demand elsewhere will walk come the end of the season. Promotion will be the only thing to keep them here now they've got attention and probably prospective suitors from L1.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
ejh wrote:

You make it up as you go along. For m part, I remember saying a nice long rest wouldn't hurt Reid's chances for his next contract, whether it be here or Pompey. That was what was said, read the threads. I suspect the delayed return that appeared to upset Adams, will have put pressure on all parties. And as for 75% of posters, that's just fantasy that does your logic no favours.  Do you see the difference yet ? Do you see the quite different emphasis from your incorrect translation ?
As for Brent cashing in, there are two ways to cash in. One is to spend the bare minimum on player overheads and take a chance hoping it won't affect the end of season position. You can sell players, you can loan players out, both will have a similar effect. on the P and L account. We've had a net outflow of one when we should have been strengthening. I can hear the cash jingling now, with only a short term emergency wage to pay in the future. "Just in time".

Also, there has been a great deal of scepticism on here regarding Sir Frank's Nelson rumour, so you can knock that on the head too. For Frank alone to have received such info was suspect to say the least.  The real damage of this window might be unseen at the moment. Players like a club that shows it's ambition, and who knows, that's maybe why Smith apparently turned us down, although I suspect he was stringing us along, far too many RWY thumbs up piccies for my liking. Much more of this sort of thing, and any current players that are in demand elsewhere will walk come the end of the season. Promotion will be the only thing to keep them here now they've got attention.

Made me laugh that did. Very good.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 4:45 pm

always happy to tickle your ribs, but not meant as a pop at you Frank, you've come up with some good ones. I just think this one smells a bit, that's all. As you say, all will become clear before the start of next season.
On a wider note, I think clubs, and not just agents, are getting a lot more fly at manipulating social media for their own reasons. Maybe you've been groomed Laughing There were accompanying public statements from Brent and Nelson at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:

I know you enjoy stirring the pot ej but 75% is bollocks and you know it, 7.5% perhaps.

I'd say 75% of posters would've been happy for us to have kept the squad intact and brought Boateng back but we haven't quite managed that. Admittedly we've kept our so-called better players and that's obviously a positive(maybe that says more about the form and fitness of our so-called better players than it does the fortitude of our magnificent owner). Boateng returning is also still a possibility and while emergency loans are a poor way of building a squad and offer no long-term security I suppose beggars can't be choosers and it would certainly be better than nothing.

Overall however, can anyone genuinely say that our squad is stronger now than it was before the window opened? I can't.

If this is GreenJim going all out for promotion then God fcuking help us when he decides to tighten the purse strings for a good old bit of austerity.

What Les said only I would add to that that if you want an apology off me I will write it on my arse in mirror image in wet paint so it transfers to your lips when you kiss it.
Apology FFS, it's a forum, you love your opinions but can't bear anyone else having one.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:53 pm

The Boat is on the bench for Palace's prem match with Bournemouth tonight. Good luck to the lad, if he had a choice between coming back here or a place on their bench tonight I'd have to say he chose wisely.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:37 pm

ejh wrote:

Well said. Carey, Reid and Nelson et al were as good as gone this January to be replaced with cheap loanee crap, according to some on here.

Jb is tight and is in this for himself no doubt. But let's keep the criticism factual.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:49 pm

nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

Well said. Carey, Reid and Nelson et al were as good as gone this January to be replaced with cheap loanee crap, according to some on here.

Jb is tight and is in this for himself no doubt. But let's keep the criticism factual.

who actually said this though? Nelson i'll give you due to sir franks rumour but im not seeing anyone posting much about Carey or Reid going in January?

thats being factual

Worth mentioning also that both Carey and Reid were out injured for real and pretend like EJH suggested long term and only just come back.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:01 pm

You were never likely to lose players, other clubs generally want good players, you are not blessed with them and your elevated league position is down to a great deal of good fortune, the wheels will most definitely come off at some point.

Ol' EJH is a one, I picture both he and Huge Tw@ as proper Swillyites sat in their housing benefit paid for hovels typing away to the faint aroma of stale pith.

They both just make carp up to try and convince people that they are either in the know or actually have a clue, unfortunately neither is bright enough to know that they have been well and truly sussed.

They make I larf though, especially on nights like this when there are no local games that I fancy so I am left with surfing the Prem shiite which is on offer, I am sticking with Naaarwich, Spurs at the moment, good team the Spurs, I couldn't believe that Everton allowed Naismith to go, I think he and Austin were absolute steals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Transfer Deadline Day Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next