pepsipete
Jethro
argyl3
Dick Trickle
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:29 am

I remember the name Austin. Happy daze.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 1:16 am

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
ejh wrote:
Was hoping for Boateng tonight, but other than a quality centre mid (which was always coming in on loan anyway, and could be sorted next week) what were we expecting?

We have cover in pretty much all the positions now. Forster brings a quality option to the right side of defence, and Nardiello is a striker who is known for scoring promotion chasing goals. Two smart deals DA took care of days/weeks ago.

We just need a quality centre midfielder, and DA seems to be holding out for Boateng. Not worth splitting your wrists over folks.
Unfortunately many are now on the phone to the Samaritans. This geezer walks in a manager about 8 months ago, takes charge, gets momentum going, makes some very good signings and now we are 2nd with a 9 point gap to 4th place. Carey is back .. ish and Simpson is showing more promise. In my view DA is doing OK and if he hasn't brought anyone in that's OK by me.
But then most of you lot have one agenda which is to castigate JB at any opportunity. Clearly DA has some funds and clearly he will use them in the emergency loan window. Its so clear it fecking see through.

do explain this one to me and how you came to this conclusion?

Clearly he can't

Because he's talking bollocks that's why freathy.

I used the word 'clearly' a little tongue in cheek because almost every post that castigates JB uses comments like ''obvious'' or ''plain to see'' or ''no doubt'' when in fact the posters know jack sheite. My head is not in the sand its staring at the fact that actually we don't know much about the budget or wage structure or which players DA has lined up. Guess, guess and guess again then write some drivel based on guesswork. Like ejh said - many posters guessed (that word again) that the whole team were getting sold in Jan to feather a pension pot and, funny old thing, not 1 of our main players left. Egg and face eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
ejh wrote:
Was hoping for Boateng tonight, but other than a quality centre mid (which was always coming in on loan anyway, and could be sorted next week) what were we expecting?

We have cover in pretty much all the positions now. Forster brings a quality option to the right side of defence, and Nardiello is a striker who is known for scoring promotion chasing goals. Two smart deals DA took care of days/weeks ago.

We just need a quality centre midfielder, and DA seems to be holding out for Boateng. Not worth splitting your wrists over folks.
Unfortunately many are now on the phone to the Samaritans. This geezer walks in a manager about 8 months ago, takes charge, gets momentum going, makes some very good signings and now we are 2nd with a 9 point gap to 4th place. Carey is back .. ish and Simpson is showing more promise. In my view DA is doing OK and if he hasn't brought anyone in that's OK by me.
But then most of you lot have one agenda which is to castigate JB at any opportunity. Clearly DA has some funds and clearly he will use them in the emergency loan window. Its so clear it fecking see through.

do explain this one to me and how you came to this conclusion?

Clearly he can't

Because he's talking bollocks that's why freathy.

I used the word 'clearly' a little tongue in cheek because almost every post that castigates JB uses comments like ''obvious'' or ''plain to see'' or ''no doubt'' when in fact the posters know jack sheite. My head is not in the sand its staring at the fact that actually we don't know much about the budget or wage structure or which players DA has lined up. Guess, guess and guess again then write some drivel based on guesswork. Like ejh said - many posters guessed (that word again) that the whole team were getting sold in Jan to feather a pension pot and, funny old thing, not 1 of our main players left. Egg and face eh?

who actually said the whole team is getting sold in jan to warrant such a silly reply tony? freathy maybe many things to many people but he doest amount for 75% of the atd membership does he lol! lol! lol!

ill be interested to see if you and the fanboy ejh can actally back that bullshit up.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:21 am

Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:
Given 75% of posters on here firmly believed Nelson and Reuben were 'as good as gone', the fact both are still here seems to have prompted roughly 0 apologies.

Brent was a total bellend only a month ago for looking to cash in, especially with Reuben, his phoney injury routine was apparently SO transparent.

"Saving himself for pompey, inneee? Its obvious. He aint injured, he's going, that's what it is".

Any credit to the club for keeping all of its star players? Nah, didn't think so. Might have been a few I told you so's on here mind if ANY of Argyle's starting team had left. Instead all that is left to do is beat the club for not getting a player back we haven't even seen since October. "This is just typical Argyle, not signing Boateng and screwing up promotion like they always bleddy do!".

Well said. Carey, Reid and Nelson et al were as good as gone this January to be replaced with cheap loanee crap, according to some on here.

Jb is tight and is in this for himself no doubt. But let's keep the criticism factual.

who actually said this though? Nelson i'll give you due to sir franks rumour but im not seeing anyone posting much about Carey or Reid going in January?

thats being factual

Worth mentioning also that both Carey and Reid were out injured for real and pretend like EJH suggested long term and only just come back.

Let's not rewrite things. Most on here (including me) were expecting at least one, possibly three of our best players being flogged this January under Brent's say so. This conspicuously has not happened, injuries or no injuries.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:20 am

Possibly the biggest factor in Argyle not selling anyone in the window is that our two most sale-worthy assets - Carey and Reid, were crocked for two to three months leading up to (and including some of) the Jan transfer window.

In that respect, I suspect we've had a touch of fortune. Hopefully that'll pay off between now and May.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:44 am

nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:
Given 75% of posters on here firmly believed Nelson and Reuben were 'as good as gone', the fact both are still here seems to have prompted roughly 0 apologies.

Brent was a total bellend only a month ago for looking to cash in, especially with Reuben, his phoney injury routine was apparently SO transparent.

"Saving himself for pompey, inneee? Its obvious. He aint injured, he's going, that's what it is".

Any credit to the club for keeping all of its star players? Nah, didn't think so. Might have been a few I told you so's on here mind if ANY of Argyle's starting team had left. Instead all that is left to do is beat the club for not getting a player back we haven't even seen since October. "This is just typical Argyle, not signing Boateng and screwing up promotion like they always bleddy do!".

Well said. Carey, Reid and Nelson et al were as good as gone this January to be replaced with cheap loanee crap, according to some on here.

Jb is tight and is in this for himself no doubt. But let's keep the criticism factual.

who actually said this though? Nelson i'll give you due to sir franks rumour but im not seeing anyone posting much about Carey or Reid going in January?

thats being factual

Worth mentioning also that both Carey and Reid were out injured for real and pretend like EJH suggested long term and only just come back.

Let's not rewrite things. Most on here (including me) were expecting at least one, possibly three of our best players being flogged this January under Brent's say so. This conspicuously has not happened, injuries or no injuries.

So we have gone from the whole squad to a few players now... anymore climb downs? some may have said 3-4 or more players would leave not all the members thats the point certainly not 75% of the members.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:47 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
tumbleweed
Trust in Brent to do feck all.

Here's what I said about transfer deadline day. Not wrong was I?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Its the summer id be more worried about all the loans go back most of the contracted players will be out of contract promotion or not the team will be broken up ok you mite be able to keep a couple if we get promoted but most teams in this league break up teams every year cos of financial restrain and mostly using the loan system its the way it is in this dog shit league
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

So we have gone from the whole squad to a few players now... anymore climb downs? some may have said 3-4 or more players would leave not all the members thats the point certainly not 75% of the members.

You're twisting things.
Some on here were plain wrong on what January would bring for our squad. I was wrong too. I thought we'd sell Carey and Reid at least. Didn't the club get an offer for one of them that was rejected?

Neither of these twos injuries were that serious and any buyer could have gotten medicals to vouch for that, so I'm inclined to believe that Brent has backed Da. I know it I'll give you a hairlip to hear that but well, that's just tough shit.

ATD is usually on the money. But in this instance we were wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

You're twisting things.
Some on here were plain wrong on what January would bring for our squad. I was wrong too. I thought we'd sell Carey and Reid at least. Didn't the club get an offer for one of them that was rejected?

Neither of these twos injuries were that serious and any buyer could have gotten medicals to vouch for that, so I'm inclined to believe that Brent has backed Da.  I know it I'll give you a hairlip to hear that but well, that's just tough shit.

OH so now its some another amazing climb down lol

im not twisting anything im not the one stating 75% of the people on here thought the squad was being sold in january you are.
im also not twisting my replies to you either because im in the wrong, again you are.

some thought a few may leave that's not denied but its just plain lying for lying's sake to suggest the whole forum said the whole squad was going. its been proven enough already in threads bumped so why some keep harking on like they are paid by pasoti to keep bringing it up is questionable.

Also if you think brent actually backed Del Bhey then thats your opinion, i happen to think signing 2 on loan isnt actually breaking your back to back a manager at all its a cheap way but thats my opinion which im not going to get emotional about as you do.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

You're twisting things.

Neither of these twos injuries were that serious and any buyer could have gotten medicals to vouch for that, so I'm inclined to believe that Brent has backed Da.  I know it I'll give you a hairlip to hear that but well, that's just tough shit.

OH so now its some another amazing climb down lol

im not twisting anything im not the one stating 75% of the people on here thought the squad was being sold in january you are.
im also not twisting my replies to you either because im in the wrong, again you are.

some thought a few may leave that's not denied but its just plain lying for lying's sake to suggest the whole forum said the whole squad was going. its been proven enough already in threads bumped so why some keep harking on like they are paid by pasoti to keep bringing it up is questionable.

Also if you think brent actually backed Del Bhey then thats your opinion, i happen to think signing 2 on loan isnt actually breaking your back to back a manager at all its a cheap way but thats my opinion which im not going to get emotional about as you do.
Guesswork. Maybe DA had the ability to sign more but decided not to - don't know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:31 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

You're twisting things.

Spot on.

People just don't have it in them to either admit they were wrong in their suspicions, or congratulate James Brent for doing something well.

I also think some fans still naively believe loan players always come completely free of charge. They just play for the love of the game, and not a wage, and their parent club just loves letting a player leave their squad and be elsewhere for absolutely no financial reward at all.

Do you guys not think 4 months loan of a player with Nardiello's record of scoring goals might have had value given who is trying to get out of this division? Do we really think we got him by blowing kisses to the Bury chairman, as opposed to giving both the club and the player a fee to make it happen?

In the cold light of day, the club did some good work in January. There was too much hype on deadline day leading to an anti climactic feel, but we are just a Boateng shaped player short of having the perfect set of players to finish this job of getting promoted, if not winning the league. Fans need to adjust to the reality that Boateng is Palace's player to do exactly what they like with him, and there isn't a lot James Brent or Derek Adams can do if Palace want him on their bench.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 pm

ejh wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

You're twisting things.

Spot on.

People just don't have it in them to either admit they were wrong in their suspicions, or congratulate James Brent for doing something well.

I also think some fans still naively believe loan players always come completely free of charge. They just play for the love of the game, and not a wage, and their parent club just loves letting a player leave their squad and be elsewhere for absolutely no financial reward at all.

Do you guys not think 4 months loan of a player with Nardiello's record of scoring goals might have had value given who is trying to get out of this division? Do we really think we got him by blowing kisses to the Bury chairman, as opposed to giving both the club and the player a fee to make it happen?

In the cold light of day, the club did some good work in January. There was too much hype on deadline day leading to an anti climactic feel, but we are just a Boateng shaped player short of having the perfect set of players to finish this job of getting promoted, if not winning the league. Fans need to adjust to the reality that Boateng is Palace's player to do exactly what they like with him, and there isn't a lot James Brent or Derek Adams can do if Palace want him on their bench.

and some cant admit their maths is shit and accept that their assumption that 75% of all posters said the whole squad was definitely getting sold was wrong.

Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:59 am

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

You're twisting things.

Spot on.

and some cant admit their maths is shit and accept that their assumption that 75% of all posters said the whole squad was definitely getting sold was wrong.

EJH mentioned the 75%, not me. It was clear when you look at the poll what he meant though and he was referring to 1-3 players, not the whole squad.

Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:31 am

I for one congratulate the club on a successful transfer window. All our best players remain bar a loanee whose situation the club can do nothing about and we have added two strong loan signings for the rest of the season.
Good stuff DA, JB and the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 9:35 am

nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

You're twisting things.

Spot on.

EJH mentioned the 75%, not me. It was clear when you look at the poll what he meant though and he was referring to 1-3 players, not the whole squad.

Just stop digging a hole for yourself NZ.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
ejh wrote:

thats being factual

You're twisting things.

Spot on.

Just stop digging a hole for yourself NZ.

Digging a hole? You're funny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread   The Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Transfer Deadline Day Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4