sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:52 am

Disappointing considering how other results went. 3 points at home and 1 point away is usually the benchmark I set for a promotion winning team but with our home form being distinctly average we could've done with winning 1 of the last 2 away games. Some crunch games coming up, I'd say Notts on Saturday is a must win because I'm not overly confident on current form of getting much from the Oxford and Accy 6 pointers coming up. It's time to show our mettle and prove whether or not we are genuine promotion fodder, squeaky bum time.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
Disappointing considering how other results went. 3 points at home and 1 point away is usually the benchmark I set for a promotion winning team but with our home form being distinctly average we could've done with winning 1 of the last 2 away games. Some crunch games coming up, I'd say Notts on Saturday is a must win because I'm not overly confident on current form of getting much from the Oxford and Accy 6 pointers coming up. It's time to show our mettle and prove whether or not we are genuine promotion fodder, squeaky bum time.

Yep, go along with that. Promotion is still in our own hands, it's ours to lose. Don't forget Derek Adams has put together a good squad of players who are well capable of beating all teams in the league. We do need to start winning again though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 10:18 am

A bit concerning that comparative good squad still find it difficult to find that early season form, and maybe Boateng was more important than we thought.
Maybe it's something as simple as the unknown quantity of an English Adams' team has been sussed somewhat. I certainly think early opposition were a bit naive to continually fall for the likes of Carey pressing hard and quick on centre backs. There could be the small possibility that some players are a bit manked at new contract negotiations being stalled at Brent's behest. A bit like a new love affair stuttering for the same old reasons. His other bumbling business stuff would suggest he's the sort to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Northampton, Oxford and Accy look to be the form teams, normally getting two away points in two wouldn't be too bad but the others all winning home and away with some big scores to boot makes you worry. Accy and there two games in hand are soon going to catch us unless someone's bubble breaks or we pull our fingers out.

Actually Oxford are pretty shiite at the moment, I listened to their game on Sat as I was driving, Accy played them off the park, don't let the fact that they butt foo'ed us fool you.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:16 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Northampton, Oxford and Accy look to be the form teams, normally getting two away points in two wouldn't be too bad but the others all winning home and away with some big scores to boot makes you worry. Accy and there two games in hand are soon going to catch us unless someone's bubble breaks or we pull our fingers out.

Actually Oxford are pretty shiite at the moment, I listened to their game on Sat as I was driving, Accy played them off the park, don't let the fact that they butt foo'ed us fool you.

But they're still way better than us. After we've played Oxford and Accrington we'll be nicely in the play-off places.

Well done brent
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:30 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Accrington were very impressive at HP earlier this season, far better than Pompey who were eulogised by some to an absurd degree when they beat Argyle. Not at all surprised that they are doing so well and any Argyle supporter would bite off not only your hand but your cock as well for a draw when we play them on their own dungheap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 10:10 am

Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Accrington were very impressive at HP earlier this season, far better than Pompey who were eulogised by some to an absurd degree when they beat Argyle. Not at all surprised that they are doing so well and any Argyle supporter would bite off not only your hand but your cock as well for a draw when we play them on their own dungheap.

Got a horrible feeling I know where your green skin comes from now.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Got a horrible feeling I know where your green skin comes from now.

Pure speculation. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 7:23 pm

We were taken apart by their fast flowing passing. Best left back on show RYAN DICKSON, their 19 year old number 2 out marked and played Wylde off the park. Carey is not back to his pre injury flow, missed a good heading chance. DA should have brought on Tanner and Nardiello .

The Att. Of 5,788, Argyle's support of 2,133 at Yeovil was the highest for an away league game since 2,275 at Newcastle in 2009, Portsmouth took 2088 away fans to Yeovil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6