sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 5:23 pm

My missus always says I'm pessimistic.

Every now and then I'll point her towards threads like this to demonstrate how positively effervescent I am. Comparatively. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 5:49 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Eight points off Accy who have two games in hand! Really could have done with a win today.

We could.

It isn't that bad though. For us to drop out of the promotion spots 2 things need to happen which actually represents many things.

Firstly Oxford need to over take us. For that to happen we need to lose 2 in a row and Oxford need to win two in a row. While all of that happens Accrington need to win their games in hand and then another out of their next 2. That's a whole string of results and then in the other 13 games both Accrington and Oxford need to match or better our results. Obviously it could happen but it'd all be long odds against.

Today's result essentially hands the title to Northampton, who have now won an astonishing 9 in a row, but we haven't lost significant ground to those behind us and there's one fewer game left for them to do something about catching us.

I reckon we've actually strengthened our promotion push today. Just a tad.

It'd be interesting to know what odds the bookies gave us before and after today's game.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We're looking very vulnerable now.  Inceasingly looking like the nightmare of the play-offs.

Geddon Freath's we could go Wemberly together go halves on a half and half scarf. Razz

As if we'd get to wembley.  Although we could sing 'three little birds' at the semis as Wycombe bang in their third.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Freathy wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We're looking very vulnerable now.  Inceasingly looking like the nightmare of the play-offs.

Geddon Freath's we could go Wemberly together go halves on a half and half scarf. Razz

As if we'd get to wembley.  Although we could sing 'three little birds' at the semis as Wycombe bang in their third.

laugh

You're a fecking star Freathy,an absolute fecking star.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Wylde been playing well lately but his last touch is dreadfull missed 4 chances today as for his crosses your lucky if 2 out of 10 hit there target its our own fault we threw this one away hopefully them 2pts wont come back haunt us ?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Freathy wrote:

laugh

You're a fecking star Freathy,an absolute fecking star.
He is for sure. If you feel slightly down then see what ''our Freathy'' has said. Bleedy gem. lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Looking at this Oxford Forum, seems like their fans ain't too confident in the way they're playing.

Good news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Oh well, a point away from home will have to suffice. Should have grabbed all three today, especially as some of the other contenders fluffed up.

Accrington Stanley have got to play Hartlepool United and York City. Both sides fighting for survival and I could see Stanley dropping points at those two.

Looking at the table as it is, the only ones who could fluff-up are the players. Eleven points clear of some those chasing a Play-Off spot, that is a lot to claw back if the truth be known.

Five, eight, nine and ten points are also a haul.

I will stick my neck out here and now and say  that I believe Argyle have it the bag (don't quote me on that later  Very Happy). They have the points over the rivals and contrary to what DA has stated, Argyle must have a points total in mind.

Portsmouth are clearly in a scrap with Wycombe Wanderers, Bristol Rovers, Mansfield Town and one or two others for Play-Off spots, and it could go any way in that pack.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Looking at this Oxford Forum, seems like their fans ain't too confident in the way they're playing.

Good news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Are these the very same people who say Argyle are in a false position.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Disappointing after apparently dominating but not the end of the World, our destiny remains in our hands.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Our goal was excellent. A proper Big Fella's header by Brunty.

Their goal looked very dodgy. The player who nodded the cross back was climbing all over out defender.

We wuz robbed. Official.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Disappointing after apparently dominating but not the end of the World, our destiny remains in our hands.

And how many times is this line going to be recycled by people when we throw away 3 points? this isn't 1 point gained its 3 lost and its 3 that could bite us hard in the coming months. Dont forget we play Oxford at the start of next month and our record against them isnt exactly the best.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Does our destiny remain in our hands or no ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:23 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:

only if results go our way it is. Continue to drop points in games like this and it soon wont be.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:37 pm

Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

only if results go our way it is. Continue to drop points in games like this and it soon wont be.

I'm sure Oxford, Wycombe and Pompey fans are saying the same thing tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:06 am

Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

And how many times is this line going to be recycled by people when we throw away 3 points? this isn't 1 point gained its 3 lost and its 3 that could bite us hard in the coming months. Dont forget we play Oxford at the start of next month and our record against them isnt exactly the best.

2 points lost. Not 3. We didn't lose.

There. It's already 33% less bad than you suggest.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:08 am

It's unlikely we'll have an easier 3 points barring Hartlepool turning up with a squad of 10 players later this season. That was a big 2 points to drop today which will only add pressure in future games. We don't thrive on pressure.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:30 am

Very few teams do.

In my years of watching Argyle there's only 3 sides that have managed it: Waiters, Smith and Sturock's team. Sturrock's lot did it twice so maybe 4 sides but one was essentially an evolution of the other.

We have a few that have scraped past a relegation with Fletcher and Sheridan's respective teams immediately springing to mind so you could add them as well as the team that beat Bradford 6-0 in the last game of the season having done Port Vale 4-3 the game before (as I recall that was very squeaky - when the hell was that?).

Mostly teams collapse under pressure. I don't see that fragility in our current side. Maybe it is there. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:50 am

Disappointing. I knew we were 1-0 up but phone died just after. Wasn't aware of final score till 20 minutes ago when just got up Sunday.
Really need to be beating Yeovil now
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:15 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Very few teams do.

In my years of watching Argyle there's only 3 sides that have managed it: Waiters, Smith and Sturock's team. Sturrock's lot did it twice so maybe 4 sides but one was essentially an evolution of the other.

We have a few that have scraped past a relegation with Fletcher and Sheridan's respective teams immediately springing to mind so you could add them as well as the team that beat Bradford 6-0 in the last game of the season having done Port Vale 4-3 the game before (as I recall that was very squeaky - when the hell was that?).

Mostly teams collapse under pressure. I don't see that fragility in our current side. Maybe it is there. We'll see.

I remember the Vale match but sure it was 3-2, around '77?

My biggest concern is injuries take a grip again, as well as suspensions, McHugh springs to mind.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 am

Freathy wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Jeez that could so easily happen us 4th they finjsh 7th.......a bad 20minutes and another wasted year Sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:01 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Very few teams do.

I remember the Vale match but sure it was 3-2, around '77?

My biggest concern is injuries take a grip again, as well as suspensions, McHugh springs to mind.

It was 1977-78,Big Mal came back for his second spell and saved us from the Fletcheresque disaster of the Kelly management.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:29 am

We are clearly nowhere near good enough for it to be in our own hands. We are wholly dependent on teams currently occupying the play-off positions also dropping points on the scale we are which I dont think will happen as they're better teams. And I fully expect Accrington to win their 2 games in hand. Lose or draw at Yeovil and it really is game over.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 pm

After the encouraging performance against Mansfield I shall be Avivaing it for the 2 really important home games against Notts County and Oxford on the next two Saturdays, after that we'll have a better picture. Then I'll returning to my second home in the sun where I'll diligently be checking my ISA's and trying to spend my defined benefit pension whilst wondering how much I can make from my UK property portfolio' Hi Sir Frank fishing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:17 pm

Freathy wrote:
We are clearly nowhere near good enough for it to be in our own hands.  We are wholly dependent on teams currently occupying the play-off positions also dropping points on the scale we are which I dont think will happen as they're better teams.  And I fully expect Accrington to win their 2 games in hand.  Lose or draw at Yeovil and it really is game over.

BRENT OUT

We play at accrington in 3 wks time.......vital to win that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next