sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Elias wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We are clearly nowhere near good enough for it to be in our own hands.  We are wholly dependent on teams currently occupying the play-off positions also dropping points on the scale we are which I dont think will happen as they're better teams.  And I fully expect Accrington to win their 2 games in hand.  Lose or draw at Yeovil and it really is game over.

BRENT OUT

We play at accrington in 3 wks time.......vital to win that one

Vital not to lose that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Disappointing after apparently dominating but not the end of the World, our destiny remains in our hands.

And how many times is this line going to be recycled by people when we throw away 3 points? this isn't 1 point gained its 3 lost and its 3 that could bite us hard in the coming months. Dont forget we play Oxford at the start of next month and our record against them isnt exactly the best.

2 points lost. Not 3. We didn't lose.

There. It's already 33% less bad than you suggest.

We didnt win the game so we didnt win 3 points so we lost out on 3 points

we drew the game and gained 1 point.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Disappointing after apparently dominating but not the end of the World, our destiny remains in our hands.

And how many times is this line going to be recycled by people when we throw away 3 points? this isn't 1 point gained its 3 lost and its 3 that could bite us hard in the coming months. Dont forget we play Oxford at the start of next month and our record against them isnt exactly the best.

Last time I checked 3 - 1 =2 that's how many points we lost. If we had lost the game we would have lost 3 points but we drew hence 2. I know the maths is correct I just confirmed it with my five year old niece.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Last time I checked 3 - 1 =2 that's how many points we lost. If we had lost the game we would have lost 3 points but we drew hence 2. I know the maths is correct I just confirmed it with my five year old niece.

im glad you sought help from a 5 year old to do maths Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing what a saddo
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Does our destiny remain in our hands or no ?

only if results go our way it is. Continue to drop points in games like this and it soon wont be.
C'Mon Angry climb down.
Our destiny is in our hands 100% - the only results that have to go our way are our results. Is that what you mean?

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Very few teams do.

In my years of watching Argyle there's only 3 sides that have managed it: Waiters, Smith and Sturock's team. Sturrock's lot did it twice so maybe 4 sides but one was essentially an evolution of the other.

We have a few that have scraped past a relegation with Fletcher and Sheridan's respective teams immediately springing to mind so you could add them as well as the team that beat Bradford 6-0 in the last game of the season having done Port Vale 4-3 the game before (as I recall that was very squeaky - when the hell was that?).

Mostly teams collapse under pressure. I don't see that fragility in our current side. Maybe it is there. We'll see.

I remember the Vale match but sure it was 3-2, around '77?

My biggest concern is injuries take a grip again, as well as suspensions, McHugh springs to mind.

It was 1977-78,Big Mal came back for his second spell and saved us from the Fletcheresque disaster of the Kelly management.

You are correct, I forgot we were fighting relegation down to Division 4. Great game and great celebrations though.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Elias wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We are clearly nowhere near good enough for it to be in our own hands.  We are wholly dependent on teams currently occupying the play-off positions also dropping points on the scale we are which I dont think will happen as they're better teams.  And I fully expect Accrington to win their 2 games in hand.  Lose or draw at Yeovil and it really is game over.

BRENT OUT

We play at accrington in 3 wks time.......vital to win that one

Vital not to lose that one.

We havent got a chance against Accrington. That one must be written off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 7:53 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Does our destiny remain in our hands or no ?

only if results go our way it is. Continue to drop points in games like this and it soon wont be.
C'Mon Angry climb down.
Our destiny is in our hands 100% - the only results that have to go our way are our results. Is that what you mean?

If we keep stumbling and dropping points like we did yesterday it wont take long before the chasing pack catch up and maybe over take us while we dwindle along. Our dwindling already cost us top spot. We are in the business end of season now we cant take anything for granted not even our points difference.

To keep it in our hands we have to actually keep winning games picking up 3 points then other results don't matter as much. we could do ourselves a great service by beating both oxford and accrington.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Whether you are a team trying to stay in the division or trying to get automatic promotion,at this stage of the season .
The team needs to win nearly every game or get points in the bag.
We gave away two precious points yesterday and DA was rightfully frustrated (angry) yesterday.
A bad potentially damaging result yesterday.
But time to move onto the next game. Fingers crossed.
COYG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 9:08 pm

[quote="Angry"]
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

I'm glad you sought help from a 5 year old to do maths Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  What a saddo.

Little tip, if you are trying to act intellectually superior at least use capital letters and punctuation, or better still don't even try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

I'm glad you sought help from a 5 year old to do maths Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  What a saddo.

Little tip, if you are trying to act intellectually superior at least use capital letters and punctuation, or better still don't even try.

at least i know how to quote correctly Very Happy thanks for reading my posts
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Very few teams do.

In my years of watching Argyle there's only 3 sides that have managed it: Waiters, Smith and Sturock's team. Sturrock's lot did it twice so maybe 4 sides but one was essentially an evolution of the other.

We have a few that have scraped past a relegation with Fletcher and Sheridan's respective teams immediately springing to mind so you could add them as well as the team that beat Bradford 6-0 in the last game of the season having done Port Vale 4-3 the game before (as I recall that was very squeaky - when the hell was that?).

Mostly teams collapse under pressure. I don't see that fragility in our current side. Maybe it is there. We'll see.

My biggest concern is injuries take a grip again, as well as suspensions, McHugh springs to mind.

It was 1977-78,Big Mal came back for his second spell and saved us from the Fletcheresque disaster of the Kelly management.

You are correct, I forgot we were fighting relegation down to Division 4.  Great game and great celebrations though.

Just checked. It was 3-2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As I recall the last two relegation places were between us Port Vale and Bradford so the fixture list really struck gold. That Bradford game was re-arranged after the first was abandoned due to snow when we were losing 1-0.

The Devonport End still had the old roof on it but had been condemned causing the terrace to be closed and so the Barn Park End was used as the home end instead.

Look at who finished bottom of the league!

...and who was there on March 21st? I remember that score being read out at our school assembly the next day to be greeted with a massive cheer.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Very few teams do.

You are correct, I forgot we were fighting relegation down to Division 4.  Great game and great celebrations though.

Just checked. It was 3-2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As I recall the last two relegation places were between us Port Vale and Bradford so the fixture list really struck gold. That Bradford game was re-arranged after the first was abandoned due to snow when we were losing 1-0.

The Devonport End still had the old roof on it but had been condemned causing the terrace to be closed and so the Barn Park End was used as the home end instead.

Look at who finished bottom of the league!

...and who was there on March 21st? I remember that score being read out at our school assembly the next day to be greeted with a massive cheer.

Pretty sure I remember the 5-1 at Pompey through being at a reserve match, the old football combination days where we saw many a top player.  They used to put up cards displaying the scoreline in the media shed/hut call it what you like.  I also recall the Bradford day being organised as a flag day, bring your banners etc.  Not a bad ending to an overall miserable season.

And the abandoned game was bloody freezing that day. Quite possibly our lowest ever attendance had the game finished, 2k+
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:09 am

There was a massive pitch invasion after the Bradford game. I remember that. It was a good old-fashioned rout from start to finish. I remember that too but nothing of the goals or anything.

I don't remember much of the Port Vale game either other than it was tense and exciting. I think it was the first league game where it really mattered to both sides that I ever saw. I hadn't realised that football could be like that. All I remember is the craziness of the tension as the game swung this way and that but again none of the detail.

Did the Port Vale game mean we were safe? I'm pretty sure we were when Bradford came to town...
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:23 am

Yes Vale got relegated that day and we were safe. I think the Bradford game was the only remaining game in our league. I didn't recall it just being 2 days later so not sure where the celebratory flag day thing came into it but I do remember it from somewhere, unless it was intended for the Vale match and my memory is crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle match day thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4