+4
Tgwu
akagreengull
Czarcasm
Les Miserable
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Northampton vs Oxford Empty
PostSubject: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Both play there game in hand tonight over us against each other, so the question is what result works best for us?

An Oxford win brings them 1 point behind
An Northampton win takes them 8 points clear
or a draw will leave Oxford 3 points behind and Northampton 6 points clear

I have to say ill be hoping for an Oxford win or a draw at the very least. If Northampton win i'll have to re-twig my sig
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Stan are playing too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Stan are playing too.

but win lose or draw their result wont really have an impact on us like the other game will.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 pm

It will if they win all their games in hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
It will if they win all their games in hand.

never happen its accrington stanley Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:08 pm

N'ton win helps us the most if securing a top 3 spot is the ultimate aim.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:11 pm

As above,don't give a monkeys as long as we finish in the top three.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:22 pm

CARLISLE 1-0 up

0-0 in the other game come on oxford
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Carlisle down to ten men before the goal was scored
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:32 pm

York 1 shit house 0
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Carlisle down to ten men before the goal was scored

10 a side now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:24 pm

northampton winning 1-0 they are basically champions now
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Isn't their current spell something like 15 wins from their last 17 games? Phenomenal really. You gotta say they'd be fully deserving of the title on that form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Isn't their current spell something like 15 wins from their last 17 games? Phenomenal really. You gotta say they'd be fully deserving of the title on that form.

agreed i cant see anyone catching them let alone us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:41 pm

They saw it, strengthened and looks like cemented their place as champions a month ago, well done to them. Can't see us catching them now but would be gutted if we let second place go, letting Oxford ahead will put us in the playoffs foreshore. I still reckon well hang in there, wonder what the odds are for a second place finish? Would be a first for me betting on second.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Point for Accy, nowt for Oxford, decent nights work for us i reckon.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Point for Accy, nowt for Oxford, decent nights work for us i reckon.

Agreed. The title would be nice but getting out of this arsehole of a league has to be the priority. Need four points from the next two away games now.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 pm

We're by far the weakest of the top 3 and probably the top 7. It's going to be a VERY nervy run-in.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 12:31 am

Oxford v Accrington on Saturday would be another handy draw / oxford win (if we want to keep distance with 4th).
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 4:31 am

Barring injuries to key players I'm sure argo will get promoted automatically. It's what happens next that I find most interesting.

What will the reluctant one do .............try to sell up ?............ stay on, penny pinch as he does and expect the potential fanbase to turn up without investment in the club both on and off the pitch ? how long will DA and key players 'keep the faith' when they could write their own pay cheques at other clubs ?

ps sorry i can't simply enjoy the ride........................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 am

Tringreen wrote:
Barring injuries to key players I'm sure argo will get promoted automatically. It's what happens next that I find most interesting.

What will the reluctant one do .............try to sell up ?............ stay on, penny pinch as he does and expect the potential fanbase to turn up without investment in the club both on and off the pitch ? how long will DA and key players 'keep the faith' when they could write their own pay cheques at other clubs ?

ps sorry i can't simply enjoy the ride........................

Broadly where I am, Tring. I can't see Argyle missing out on automatic now, barring an injury crisis. We don't look like losing 3 in a row to put ourselves in trouble, still less failing to win half our remaining games - which should see us up.

The issue, though, is how to get back to the Championship - as a minimum for repairing previous damage. We will need a cash injection, as increased gates will not happen in the correct magnitude to fund squad strengthening.

The most interesting thing, if and when promotion comes, is whether or not Brent spies an opportunity to cash in his chips....and perhaps more importantly, if anyone enterprising (foolish?) enough will make him an offer. Otherwise, it's more of the same and the Pasoti crowd can continue to bang the drum and feel royal in the 1950's fire hazard every other week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:59 am

Can't argue with any of that, if and when we go up it will be the most threadbare squad to start in league 1 after a successful campaign ever and that is a worry, anybody expecting a Luggy like charge to the CCC will be disappointed IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northampton vs Oxford   Northampton vs Oxford Empty

Back to top Go down

Northampton vs Oxford
Page 1 of 1