Tgwu
Punchdrunk
Yea Man
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Brent bought the club in October 2011

That means he needs to cash in/sell out before October this year or the "pay the big debts in 5 years time" deals that he negotiated at the time need to be dealt with---ie he has to start spending his own money.

As Bolton,-- £175m in debt-- appear to have just been sold for a surprising £10m, it looks like there really are people out there with more money than sense,

On the Bolton basis (£175m debt = £10m for the seller who let them rack up that debt in the first place) I suspect that (sadly) JB will make a killing on selling PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 8:59 pm

The equivalent thread to this on Pasoti is almost laugh out loud unbelievable. It astonishes me that people are so oblivious to Brents failings and ultimate motives. I remember very clearly how Brent showed his ruthlessness during the Admin process, ensuring he got the best possible deal and to hell with the unsecured creditors who'd get an even smaller fraction of what they were owed due to Brent refusing to pay anything but the tiniest fraction.

Argyle won't be sold any time soon because Brent will want all that he has loaned the club back, with a hefty lump on top to compensate slightly for the HHP fiasco not netting him any return.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Do you mean on the praise st james forum theres a thread praising st james ??????
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:16 pm

the Herald quoting Brent wrote:

"The criteria which we have set is that the new investor needs to bring something to the club which will improve the lot of Argyle or we are not interested.

"We have had wealthy people approach us who have got the money to do it, but in the board's judgment would not be good for the club and the motivation hasn't been right.

"So we have very politely said 'thanks, but no thanks'.

Brent continued: "We have been approached in the past by people that I think probably have had a lot of money but their ambition for the club wasn't one we were supportive of.

This if true is staggering.

I would like very much to know what the "Ambitions for the club" were, that Brent would not support?

Why is a club like Argyle, who are so piss poor that its relying on Bucket Rattlers with one hand, turning turning down investment money with the other?  What being proposed is so awful?

This in turn begs the question...  So what is Brent's vision for the club and what does he want investors to do and at what price?

There's a couple more questions for the AFT, if they don't mind?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 pm

"their ambition for the club wasn't one we were supportive of" feck off the superfans and progress up the leagues perhaps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:01 am

This could well be evidence that Brent, despite his austerity budget of no maintenance, skeleton staff and January weakening budget is worried about making the ballon payment and is either unable or unwilling to make the impending balloon payment? Something's up foreshore.
All this superfan Brent talk is bollocks we won't see him for bust when he gets out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
This could well be evidence that Brent, despite his austerity budget of no maintenance, skeleton staff and January weakening budget is worried about making the ballon payment and is either unable or unwilling to make the impending balloon payment? Something's up foreshore.
All this superfan Brent talk is bollocks we won't see him for bust when he gets out.

I can't see beyond the coincidence of him piping up moments after see he's that the Gas are seeing some Lebanese money! I also saw the first instance of Nool on the farm telling us we need to move on from what would have happened if HE hadn't stepped in.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 10:17 am

Rickler wrote:
the Herald quoting Brent wrote:

"The criteria which we have set is that the new investor needs to bring something to the club which will improve the lot of Argyle or we are not interested.

"We have had wealthy people approach us who have got the money to do it, but in the board's judgment would not be good for the club and the motivation hasn't been right.

"So we have very politely said 'thanks, but no thanks'.

Brent continued: "We have been approached in the past by people that I think probably have had a lot of money but their ambition for the club wasn't one we were supportive of.

This if true is staggering.

I would like very much to know what the "Ambitions for the club" were, that Brent would not support?

Why is a club like Argyle, who are so piss poor that its relying on Bucket Rattlers with one hand, turning turning down investment money with the other?  What being proposed is so awful?

This in turn begs the question...  So what is Brent's vision for the club and what does he want investors to do and at what price?

There's a couple more questions for the AFT, if they don't mind?

Brent's sounding more and more like Stapleton.

I wouldn't mind betting that these 'ambitions for the club' were to get back to the CCC at least and try and move on from there, by attracting serious investment. Brent's model of sustainability where he doesn't need to invest anything clearly wouldn't fit with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 10:24 am

Brent's five year plan unveiled,
Year one, get AFT to paint bedrooms, clean gutters and pressure wash patio at home.
Year two, get AFT to paint changing rooms, mow big lawn at soccer club.
Year three, get AFT to gradually take over from waiting staff in prawn sandwich delivery area,
Year four, get AFT to rattle those buckets for my children's very private education.
Year five, get AFT to take over all menial jobs at club, ie collecting gate money, stewarding and running of football team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 am

If Argyle do manage to get promoted, what's the betting the superfans will want a civic bus ride thing. Brent will see that as the perfect time to unveil his plan B, which will include buying the stadium.
Then, whether he sells the club or no, he can still be the landlord and fix the rent at a nice little earner. Also, he's not going to want a freeholding neighbour that causes his HHP land a problem.
He's not going anywhere soon. Argyle are stuck with him in one form or another. Maybe he'll take every single asset that isn't nailed down, and then find a legal way to install a stooge club worth diddly, run by the superfans and charidee bunch, a bit like central government is removing the central finance from local councils.
When he said he had some naive offers for the club, maybe one was from a Nikkkkkkkkk and Nooool combo. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 11:17 am

I could see a version of the above although for Brent to own the freehold he won't get diddly for the club, probably not even get his loans back unless the rent is substantial but hell probably have to let the club go for a nominal £1.
Until we make the fine gentleman feel that he's outstayed his welcome I'm afraid you're right about not seeing the back of him for a long time, he's like us and the sandpit, no exit strategy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I could see a version of the above although for Brent to own the freehold he won't get diddly for the club, probably not even get his loans back unless the rent is substantial but hell probably have to let the club go for a nominal £1.
Until we make the fine gentleman feel that he's outstayed his welcome I'm afraid you're right about not seeing the back of him for a long time, he's like us and the sandpit, no exit strategy.

After the Mark Goldberg fiasco at Crystal Palace nobody in their right mind is going to buy the club withouts it ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

After the Mark Goldberg fiasco at Crystal Palace nobody in their right mind is going to buy the club withouts it ground.

Nobody in their right mind would buy a football fans forum. pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Let's not forget, Brent originally wanted Ridsdale to run the club for him as chairman. How naive was that ? "I'll make any money that's to be made Pete, and you take the flack."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Let's not forget, Brent originally wanted Ridsdale to run the club for him as chairman. How naive was that ? "I'll make any money that's to be made Pete, and you take the flack."

He was already there, 1 less thing for Green Jimmy to sort during his 0.5 days a week at the club.

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Brent know he wont make any money out of the football club so he will sell the club with conditions  in the sale to protect his HHP interest.

Other than that all he wants is to be able to say the following after he's cashed in:

"The new owner is/are lifelong fans"

or

"He looked at several other clubs before deciding PAFC was by far the best choice"

and

"He's got the resources to put PAFC where they deserve to be"

What he'll be saying to himself is more likely to be "Who says you can't fool all the people all the time"

Last edited by Grovehill on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Brent know he wont make any money out of the football club so he will sell the club with conditions  in the sale to protect his HHP interest.

Other than that all he wants is to be able to say the following after he's cashed in:

"The new owner is/are lifelong fans"

or

"He looked at several other clubs before deciding PAFC was by far the best choice"

and

"He's got the resources to put PAFC where they deserve to be"

"these people dont do failure"

"i looked into their eyes and knew they were right"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I'm afraid you're right about not seeing the back of him for a long time, he's like us and the sandpit, no exit strategy.

In both cases, the subjects shouldn't have been there in the first place.
I take comfort from the fact the planet's immune system will still be functioning, so in a Taoist sense, no need for an exit strategy, the planet will ultimately take care of that which is deemed inappropriate. Nature abhors reluctance. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:24 am

Czarcasm wrote:
The equivalent thread to this on Pasoti is almost laugh out loud unbelievable. It astonishes me that people are so oblivious to Brents failings and ultimate motives. I remember very clearly how Brent showed his ruthlessness during the Admin process, ensuring he got the best possible deal and to hell with the unsecured creditors who'd get an even smaller fraction of what they were owed due to Brent refusing to pay anything but the tiniest fraction.

Argyle won't be sold any time soon because Brent will want all that he has loaned the club back, with a hefty lump on top to compensate slightly for the HHP fiasco not netting him any return.
Same as me if I lent someone some cash. Same as the banks who lent customers money.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:39 am

tigertony wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Same as me if I lent someone some cash. Same as the banks who lent customers money.

If you must quote to try and make a point, then have the decency to embolden the whole sentence, not just half.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:42 am

So does the option to buy the ground only come around every 5 years? Or was it just the one 5 year period and now its always available at 12x the yearly rent?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:43 am

Every 5 I believe, Frank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:49 am

So Brent really needs to buy it this year to increase the value of the club.

On a completely unrelated topic, I wonder what the hold up is with the ACV application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 am

tigertony wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Yeah. Because the banking industry is exactly the same as you lending some bloke a tenner. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:58 pm

'erald...February 25th 2016...

NOTTS County have been put up for sale and club owner Ray Trew has also stepped down as chairman.

The revelation has overshadowed the build-up to the Magpies' game against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park on Saturday.

County started the season with high expectations of an immediate return to League One after a massive summer recruitment programme.

But they have had very mixed results, leading to the replacement of Ricardo Moniz as manager by Jamie Fullarton in January.County are in 16th position in League Two, 11 points adrift of a play-off place.

In an open letter to supporters on the club website, Trew wrote: "It is with very mixed emotions that I announce the end of my tenure as Chairman of Notts County Football Club, as I put the club up for sale, having re-evaluated my position in light of recent events.

"I must start by stressing that this is not me backing away from a challenge, I do not do that and, indeed, if I had have wanted to I would have done so some time ago because it has been a difficult journey at times.

"However, when my family are subjected to the kind of foul, mindless abuse that they have been in recent days, both in person and courtesy of the oh so brave keyboard warriors, regardless of whether this is just the minority ruining it for the larger supporter base, I have to make changes."

Anybody know any keyboard warriors?

Last edited by Les Miserable on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle for Sale?   Argyle for Sale? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle for Sale?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next