AuthorMessage

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Last edited by GOB on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sharkbait

Sharkbait

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:47 pm

I don't remember this did we actually 'go for it' or not.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Them were the days.A 46000 seater stadium and as much growth as your organ could handle.
Back to top Go down

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:15 pm

So as he's speaking, what do you think he was really thinking?

Back to top Go down

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm

He still didn't know!

So it was not for the club, it was for the region. So how come the club are paying for it?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:42 am

I still can't believe how they decided to throw the club's money and future at a bid that had no guarantee of any success. The arrogance, nay stupidity, of assuming England would even get the world cup puzzled the likes of 'sad act' and 'ginger pubes'.
What a pair of tw@ts they were !
Trust in Stapes.............. the old school janner, blinded by the likes of Gardner & Todd into thinking he could gamble the club's future and get rich on the back of it.
After all, 'we are an established championship club'......................... my arse ! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:05 am

The statement I laughed at a year or two previously was ... "We're a selling club".

So obviously stated to hook the football dumb Campbell and Kagami, explaining the balance sheet and the hopelessly inflated asking price for shares.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:12 am

penzancepirate wrote:
The statement I laughed at a year or two previously was ... "We're a selling club".

So obviously stated to hook the football dumb Campbell and Kagami, explaining the balance sheet and the hopelessly inflated asking price for shares.

Oh yes........... and on the farm they decided that we could sell ambitious players and Luggy would unearth some more wee nuggets and so it would go on until we had built up financial reserves.
It just doesn't work like that.................. for so many reasons.
Back to top Go down

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:20 am

There were at the time quite a few that were "anti" and "dark side" and "brown tints" etc. to be fair to our friends on there.

I was looking at demos by Cardiff fans and Leeds fans yesterday on YT, what we need is a bit of their attitude and less star struck compliance.....I know, it's a waste of time!
Back to top Go down

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Every now and then little insights pop out.... the latest being Lenzner's comments today on why the imminent NFU stadium never materialised... all part of his continuing campaign to clear Stapleton et al.

He says the Highways people at the time were obstructive and BLEATING about increased traffic volume on Outland Road and had the nerve to ask for money for road improvements. Well, what did he expect ? Someone ought to wake Leznner up and introduce him to the real world... that's how it works. The club's arrogance has always overestimated it's status in the city.

What's more, planning is there for a reason, and one of those reasons is to stop people like him running riot over people's environment purely for their own selfish gain, football club or no football club. Todd found the same, and no doubt this latest bunch of anonymous ghosts afraid to show their face will soon find the warm feelings cooling if they carry on with the same disdain of the local community and it's sensibilities as shown previously by the Lenzners of this world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"I didn't know!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I didn't know!"   "I didn't know!" Empty

Back to top Go down

"I didn't know!"
Page 1 of 1