HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gillesphey Signs New Deal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Gillesphey Signs New Deal Empty
PostSubject: Gillesphey Signs New Deal   Gillesphey Signs New Deal EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 9:57 pm

First of a few more to come soon i hope. Quite a few are out of contract in the summer so its good to see the club acting now with the players they want to keep hold off.

Link

link wrote:
Argyle defender Macaulay Gillesphey has put pen to paper on a two-year extension to his contract at Home Park.

Gillesphey, who joined at the start of the 2021/22 season, has established himself as a key member of the side and will remain at Home Park until the end of the 2024/25 season.

During his time at the club, Macaulay has racked up 69 appearances, scoring twice. His first coming in our narrow 2-1 defeat to European Champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the fourth round of the Emirates FA Cup last February.

A month later, Gillesphey headed in his second goal for the club, just before half-time in a 1-0 win over Bolton Wanderers.

Macaulay joined the Greens after a successful couple of years playing in Australia for Brisbane Roar. His time in the A-League saw him score four goals in 60 appearances and win the Player of the Year award.

He is the third senior player to sign an extension to their contracts so far this season, following captain, Joe Edwards and goalkeeper Callum Burton.

On signing his new deal, Macaulay said, “I think the club itself is a good forward thinking club and is definitely going in the right direction.

“The coaching staff have been brilliant with me, and my teammates have been brilliant too. I don’t see why I would want to be anywhere else.”

Manager Steven Schumacher said, “I’m delighted Macaulay has agreed to extend his contract with us at Argyle. Since he arrived at the club just over 18 months ago, he has been a really consistent performer.

"The quality that he has on the ball is outstanding and he is a huge part of how we like to attack. His defending has also been really good.

"He is reliable, a good competitor and he has played a vital part in our success over the last season and a half.

"I’m sure Macca will continue to improve individually, and help us to achieve our goals as a team over the next few years."

While Director of Football, Neil Dewsnip added, “I am delighted for him personsally and for the club.

"Macaulay is a great role model to all at the club. He gives his all in training and match play and is desperate to support Argyle in its ambitions to reach the Championship.”
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Gillesphey Signs New Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gillesphey Signs New Deal   Gillesphey Signs New Deal EmptyMon Jan 30, 2023 4:21 pm

I like Gillesphey a bit shaky at the start but solid and dependable now.
Back to top Go down

Gillesphey Signs New Deal
Page 1 of 1