The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

raw deal for pensioners

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

raw deal for pensioners Empty
PostSubject: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Pension reality Check (not a joke)!

OH BRITAIN , where did we go wrong ?

We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.?

Are you aware of the following?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance: -
BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER (bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National Insurance contributions to the British government all their working life) Weekly allowance: £106.00
IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN (No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever) Weekly allowance: £250.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly Spouse allowance: £25.00
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Weekly Spouse allowance: £225.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Additional weekly hardship allowance £0.00
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Additional weekly hardship allowance £100.00
A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing
BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £6,000
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £29,900

After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.

Sad isn't it? Its about time we put our own pensioners first

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Totally wrong, I agree but even out here in the land of Arabs with socks, not known for making life easy for immigrants, they are coughing up to support asylum seekers from Palestine etc.
There must be some sort of EU or other legislation in place that governments can't avoid ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:38 pm

I agree that we treat old people terribly in the UK. But how do their pensions compare against money given to those people on the dole?

The figures quoted above for illegal immigrants are totally wrong. They get fook all and live in terrible conditions, and they do crap jobs that no Brit worker would take on. If they were getting 30 grand a year they wouldn't be working at a hand car wash or in a kebab house on a Friday night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

I've seen your other post Sandy ... I'm a campervan person myself and wonder how you cope with the extra width of a motorhome. Good for accomodation but awkward to drive up and down the lanes of Cornwall.
I can't agree with bringing immigration into the pension debate and that's just like encoraging twopence halfpenny to spit on twopence ... the two issues are just not related at all. As Frank has said, so many immigrants are real paupers and have far less rights.... the world isn't as the Mail portrays it in reality.

We live in times of real tough economic upheaval and migration... it's always gone on all over the planet ... and for these islands, sometimes out, sometimes in. There's little to stop it in reality, unless we employ Soviet style stalags and iron curtains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Playing Devils Advocate here, how much should a pensioners pension be?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 pm

My Dad always used to say that no one from the Prime Minister downward and that includes sports stars should get more than £120 a week, and no one should receive less than £20 a week. So applying this principle pensioners would get £20 a week. Adjusting the figures for inflation etc the system still applies.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:00 am

Gordon Brown, god bless him, managed to steal, screw and fook my pension arrangements. Aviva and the stock market took care of any residual benefits.

The whole industry is a sham.

I agree pensioners, real ones, not senior civil servants, MPs and top management, are not treated fairly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 am

I agree with what Pete's dad appeared to be saying, and roughly what my father always said.... pensions should be related as an absolute proportion of people's earnings of the day. Unfortunately, successive parties at Westminster have chosen to devalue that ratio by continuing compound percentage methods that has seen the whole wealth gap widen to extroadinary proportions.

Of course, the whole pension debate contains one or two taboos that are hard to talk about. Are we talking about a decent pension FOR ALL here, or are some pensioners less worthy than others and to be punished. Surely it is the 35% of pensioners who rely totally on the basic state provion that we should be convcerned about, not the very well off bunch we all know to exist. One thing this latest Westminster gang have done that has escaped the attention of many is the proposed increase in the basic pension. At a time when we are told the country is up against the wall, the better off pensioners will receive a pension increase of £50 a week at a cost of billions and billions, while those on nothing but the basic state pension get no increase at all and remain on the long devalued rate.
Now that is what is meant by 'Budgeting and reform by ideology'. Some people just never get fed up with poor bashing ... they make it their life's work, their raison d'etre.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:10 am

can i also point out that ILLEGAL immigrants get sweet fa due to their illegal staus, whereas an immigrant here for asylum is a different pot of fish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
can i also point out that ILLEGAL immigrants get sweet fa due to their illegal staus, whereas an immigrant here for asylum is a different pot of fish.

But once their asylum claim is refused they get nothing (unless they can prove exceptional hardship). If they get granted asylum they have the right to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: raw deal for pensioners   raw deal for pensioners Empty

Back to top Go down

raw deal for pensioners
Page 1 of 1